Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I only pulled a trigger when the price was reduced even though I don't really need a car (have a perfectly drivable tuned Volvo XC60 2012 with 96K on it). With $7500 tax credit from the feds and the $2000 from the state after all taxes and credits the car will be $48.5K out of pocket, which is cheap in the current price environment. I think at the current state of affairs and the electricity rates rising (thank Biden for sending gas to Europe and therefore bringing the price level in the US to the European level) it only makes sense to buy electrical if you have another ICE car in the household for long trips. Electrical will be for local needs (kids to school, errands, etc), charged at the house only (solar on the roof). I had a car trip last year from Denver to Northern California and took the scenic route on hwy 50 through Nevada avoiding I-80. Guess what, same trip in Tesla needs to be along I-80 for superchargers, fighting all these trucks, and the time added to the trip for charging stops will require additional 2.5-3 hours just for charging. EV is really for local commute only as far as I see it. As long as you are ready to make these mental adjustments EV should be fun.
Yes I agree. I will still have my ICE truck so we won’t worry about long trips. I can definitely see the appeal of your around town/commuter being an EV. Good thing is the rest of our family all already have Tesla’s so we can charge at their homes when we visit them. If we travel far it’s solely to visit them

This is a bit concerning :) I also ordered a silver/gray model, coming from Austin, with a VIN a some 2,200ish after yours... If cars are coming off the line every 60 seconds (just a ballpark guess from something I read), that's only about 35-40 minutes later! I guess I'll be inspecting the paint pretty closely!

Is this something you could complain about and/or address after delivery? (Not even sure how you'd address it, so I'll reject if it has the same issue). I have to imagine there would be a lot of cars like this on either side of your VIN...

Is the inspection done indoors at delivery time? I'm probably not usually picky enough when it comes to this pre-inspection stuff, and would probably be OK with addressing some issues after taking delivery, but wondering what other kinds of "dealbreakers" there are out there?
It is a paint defect without a doubt and I inspected at night with led lights above the car port. It was not good and general manager agreed with the defect.

Reactions: WyoDude
I accepted terms for a 5.34% over the past weekend. I believe I am well qualified.
Me too, I have excellent credit and was offered 5.34% from Tesla which is via WellsFargo. I applied to some credit unions that supposedly have like 3% but haven't heard back after 1.5 weeks, so it might not make it in time. I would rather take the 5.34% at my delivery date than push it back and miss pre-March updated EV credit.

Reactions: kbr0125