Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you able to check supercharger rates on a website or app anywhere? I am actually quite concerned about how much it will cost to supercharge since that’s my most viable option right now. If it’s more expensive than ICE I think I might hold off on the purchase. I’m in SoCal btw
I'm on a few Tesla groups so I see what they are. Here in Sac area it's $0.40/kwh, I think Socal rates are ~$0.50/kwh which makes it more expensive than driving my Prius around.

Reactions: bigboi
Last edited:
Reactions: mswhite2010
Reading through all of these posts it appears an OD of 1/13 is most popular. Not sure why so many ordered on Fri 13th.
I was stalled and could not order until evening of 1/21. Earlier by CA time. I recieved an order number which I falsely interpreted originally as a VIN number.Details-
OD-1/21
EDD-Jan-Mar...doesn't get much more general than that.
No VIN yet.
I order MYLR white on black interior, 19" wheels
Tesla rep mentioned they can't necessarily guarantee a Mar delivery to future customers.
It seems to me CA and areas closer to the factory have an edge. They have to truck mine to PA. Delivery dependent on the efficiency of truck delivery to a location 2k and change away.

Expedited assembly concerns me so far as quality control. Anyone turn a recent delivery away for serious factory defects? Do you think the QC is any different now than it has been as a resiult of this slew of orders? I know- I want the cars fast, but I want the car good fast. Not defective fast:)
Couple pages back (also in PA) I noted MSM color having specs throughout clear coat. Had to reject.

Reading through all of these posts it appears an OD of 1/13 is most popular. Not sure why so many ordered on Fri 13th.
I was stalled and could not order until evening of 1/21. Earlier by CA time. I recieved an order number which I falsely interpreted originally as a VIN number.Details-
OD-1/21
EDD-Jan-Mar...doesn't get much more general than that.
No VIN yet.
I order MYLR white on black interior, 19" wheels
Tesla rep mentioned they can't necessarily guarantee a Mar delivery to future customers.
It seems to me CA and areas closer to the factory have an edge. They have to truck mine to PA. Delivery dependent on the efficiency of truck delivery to a location 2k and change away.

Expedited assembly concerns me so far as quality control. Anyone turn a recent delivery away for serious factory defects? Do you think the QC is any different now than it has been as a resiult of this slew of orders? I know- I want the cars fast, but I want the car good fast. Not defective fast:)
Apparently they updated the pricing on the night of the 12th, but most of us, myself included, read it on the news, article, or forum of the price drop and jumped on it on the 13th.

My delivery date is 1/25 but I still haven't heard from an SA yet, should I reach out to Tesla?

Another concern is they haven't shipped my mobile connector yet and I live an hour drive away from the nearest supercharger so that's not a good solution. Do they sell mobile connectors at the delivery centers? I'd happily buy a second if I could get one same day

My delivery date is 1/25 but I still haven't heard from an SA yet, should I reach out to Tesla?

Another concern is they haven't shipped my mobile connector yet and I live an hour drive away from the nearest supercharger so that's not a good solution. Do they sell mobile connectors at the delivery centers? I'd happily buy a second if I could get one same day
Seems like they’re pretty backed up on mobile connector, so that may be delayed

One alternative would be charging at it)35 EV chargers — the car comes with an adapter that you can use, so u can do that until your mobile connector gets shipped

Might be worth looking on facebook/craigslist for one if the delivery center doesn't have any

Seems like they’re pretty backed up on mobile connector, so that may be delayed

One alternative would be charging at it)35 EV chargers — the car comes with an adapter that you can use, so u can do that until your mobile connector gets shipped
Fwiw I ordered a mobile charger on Friday 1/20, they printed the UPS label two hours ago, and it shipped a half hour ago.

Reactions: repoted

I’d suggest installing PlugShare on your phone and taking a look at local options, just in case.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer