Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this is from the spreadsheet so white is by far the popular color so i'm pretty sure they are higher priority at the factory.

Pearl White Multi-Coat182136.9%
Midnight Silver Metallic114723.2%
Deep Blue Metallic109622.2%
Solid Black4418.9%
Red Multi-Coat4358.8%

would be interesting to see what reds are getting for edd.
My red/black MYLR 19” has EDD of 2/6 ~ 2/13. OD 1/13 and Vin assigned today.

I've seen several people with high prices on a wall charger install. Not sure if it's highly dependent on area but where I live I got three quotes and they were all around $600 for a 60 amp breaker on a dedicated circuit and the charger right beside my breaker box. Company I went with offered military discount so ultimately it only cost me $580 for the install. None of them mentioned anything about a permit so I'm assuming that's state dependent? I think you can also use the Tesla Wall Charger with other EVs with an adapter you can buy.
My area is painful, we live in NC and a lot of neighboring areas use Duke Energy, which has an EV incentive credit. My old house had this. My current house is on a different vendor and there is no incentive. I think this probably factors into it, as well as supply/demand. My friend on the other side of town got a Tesla charger installed for $1100, and gets credited for it. My friend in Virginia has an electrician friend, so it cost him $150 total for a Wall charger installation (plus cost of the charger), I hate him haha

this is from the spreadsheet so white is by far the popular color so i'm pretty sure they are higher priority at the factory.

Pearl White Multi-Coat182136.9%
Midnight Silver Metallic114723.2%
Deep Blue Metallic109622.2%
Solid Black4418.9%
Red Multi-Coat4358.8%

would be interesting to see what reds are getting for edd.
I wonder how the price change to paint colors will impact these long term. Will MSM stay second now that it’s not free?

If you order a Red 7 seater, the EDD has got to be pretty far out I would think.

Honestly facts, it'd be so much better if they did the cars with more expensive colors first. They'd get slightly more money faster.
Don’t think that’ll be how this works.

Most of us are under the impression they do this in batches, right?

So then, the question you should be asking is, WHY do they do it in batches? It’s likely because constantly switching back and forth causes delays, maybe? Delays cost money, right?

If switching causes delays, then no matter how long, from a few seconds to a few hours, the most efficient way to avoid delays is to do during shift changes, if it’s short (unlikely) or at the end of the day, if it’s long and especially if you need the assembly line to clear out of the current batch before sending the next. With most options you probably don’t need to wait that long, but painting is a different issue as you could contaminate the first few in the batch with lingering color specks in the air.

So then, if if you have a batch that isn’t enough to take up the whole day… you might actually want to delay it as much as you can, so additional orders can get get included to fill it out.

edit: forgot to add, in case people thought I got white and was trying to justify getting mine first. Nope, I got black, so not the more expensive red, but close.

Last edited:
Reactions: jose3030 and TE5IA
I wonder how the price change to paint colors will impact these long term. Will MSM stay second now that it’s not free?

If you order a Red 7 seater, the EDD has got to be pretty far out I would think.

Actually my SA said reds are easy to get..that was on 1/13 when many reds were in stock…I got a red one and OD 1/12 and Vin assigned on 1/18. It was manufactured in January as per my SA so is not a car in stock.

Don’t think that’ll be how this works.

Most of us are under the impression they do this in batches, right?

So then, the question you should be asking is, WHY do they do it in batches? It’s likely because constantly switching back and forth causes delays, maybe? Delays cost money, right?

If switching causes delays, then no matter how long, from a few seconds to a few hours, the most efficient way to avoid delays is to do during shift changes, if it’s short (unlikely) or at the end of the day, if it’s long and especially if you need the assembly line to clear out of the current batch before sending the next. With most options you probably don’t need to wait that long, but painting is a different issue as you could contaminate the first few in the batch with lingering color specks in the air.

So then, if if you have a batch that isn’t enough to take up the whole day… you might actually want to delay it as much as you can, so additional orders can get get included to fill it out.

edit: forgot to add, in case people thought I got white and was trying to justify getting mine first. Nope, I got black, so not the more expensive red, but close.
We do belive its in batches but we all really dont know. Check out this Drone footage from Joe Tegtmyer. around the 11:30 mark and 8:25 (here he mentions more than white) he goes to the staging area and points out multiple batches of colors, When he was there a few days a go it was all white. so IDK how thy split that up :

Scheduled to take delivery of MYLR tomorrow. Should there be concern that the app registration shows the vehicle has 15 miles on it?
Have you never bought a car before?

Every new car goes through two things. An inspection at the end of production and a pre-delivery inspection. Both include “driving” it to make sure it actually drives (and STILL drives after transportation). At the factory it could be on rollers while at a dealer/showroom/service center is usually around the block(s) or something, even on the highway for a bit.

So, if you ever find one with ZERO miles, either it’ll be a total crap shoot to whether it drives or someone rolled back the odometer, which illegal and also a crapshoot if there’s any problems with it.

Have you never bought a car before?

Every new car goes through two things. An inspection at the end of production and a pre-delivery inspection. Both include “driving” it to make sure it actually drives (and STILL drives after transportation). At the factory it could be on rollers while at a dealer/showroom/service center is usually around the block(s) or something, even on the highway for a bit.

So, if you ever find one with ZERO miles, either it’ll be a total crap shoot to whether it drives or someone rolled back the odometer, which illegal and also a crapshoot if there’s any problems with it.
No need to be a goober 😏