Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have also been researching and found this article on Forbes from 23rd Jan.

"

Timing of Guidance​

The white paper promised that the proposed guidance would explain the extent to which taxpayers can rely on it until final rules are issued. The length of time that Treasury and the IRS anticipate needing between the proposed and final regulations may dictate that determination.

Considering the heavy roster of clean-energy guidance projects underway and the possibly large number of comment letters on the proposed guidance, the release of final rules could take longer than ideal.

If the proposed guidance is released in late March with a 60-day comment period, it will be nearly June before the IRS and Treasury even have all the comments to work with in preparing the final rules. Even with all possible speed, final regulations are still a fairly long way off.
"

It suggests is that the proposed guidelines might be released towards end of March. Also it can take another 60 days on top of it to be finalized and implemented. But on the other hand a Democratic Senator Joe Manchin moved a bill yesterday to pause EV credits until the guidelines are finalized. Lets see what happens but hoping for the best.
Thanks for sharing the above. My EDD is Mar 15th - 31st but I’ll be traveling internationally for 3 weeks starting the last week of Mar. So definitely worrying about the timing. Worst case if delivery date is during my trip, can I push it out or do I have to put my order on hold?

The Model Y I ordered on Jan 22 just arrived. It looks a bit diff than I remember. Roof needs some tint work. Interior space looks cramped. Can't connect with my Tesla App. Free rim upgrades though. Gonna give this one to one of my sons.

View attachment 900111

Still waiting on my MYLR ordered on Jan 13th. Bored, sorry. Pls don't ban me lol.
Where did you get this, I’ve been searching for one.

Am I the only one with a long wait time?? 😭

MYLR Black on Black
OD 1/18
EDD 31 Mar - 12 May
Location Florida

I've seen others that ordered black after me but not that big of a delay. I wish the wait would get me radar or HW 4 but I know that ain't gonna happen
tampa area here.

mylr wht/blk+tow+19
od 1/20
edd 3/10 - 3/31 (updated 1/25)

wonder if black is holding you back. where are you located?

Reactions: jose3030
I have also been researching and found this article on Forbes from 23rd Jan.

"

Timing of Guidance​

The white paper promised that the proposed guidance would explain the extent to which taxpayers can rely on it until final rules are issued. The length of time that Treasury and the IRS anticipate needing between the proposed and final regulations may dictate that determination.

Considering the heavy roster of clean-energy guidance projects underway and the possibly large number of comment letters on the proposed guidance, the release of final rules could take longer than ideal.

If the proposed guidance is released in late March with a 60-day comment period, it will be nearly June before the IRS and Treasury even have all the comments to work with in preparing the final rules. Even with all possible speed, final regulations are still a fairly long way off.
"

It suggests is that the proposed guidelines might be released towards end of March. Also it can take another 60 days on top of it to be finalized and implemented. But on the other hand a Democratic Senator Joe Manchin moved a bill yesterday to pause EV credits until the guidelines are finalized. Lets see what happens but hoping for the best.
"Democrat Senator Joe Manchin" he's basically Republican in all but title lol. Highly doubt said bill will make it very far considering the Senate and House have opposing majorities.

Where you located? I live in Western Florida near Destin but my delivery location is all the way in Jacksonville on the east coast. I think with 5 day difference in orders their would be a bigger difference in our EDD
I'm up in New Jersey only 30 min away from my delivery location. I saw one person say they are making the cars in batches based on color and doesn't seem like many people ordered Black exterior so they put us all last. Was regretting picking a black exterior for a bit until I saw a few places saying that the IRS's decison in March likely won't take effect until May/June so just keeping my fingers crossed for now.

Yea its definitely the color black then for sure 🥴. I'm NW of you up in Destin near Pensacola

this is from the spreadsheet so white is by far the popular color so i'm pretty sure they are higher priority at the factory.

Pearl White Multi-Coat182136.9%
Midnight Silver Metallic114723.2%
Deep Blue Metallic109622.2%
Solid Black4418.9%
Red Multi-Coat4358.8%

would be interesting to see what reds are getting for edd.

I'm up in New Jersey only 30 min away from my delivery location. I saw one person say they are making the cars in batches based on color and doesn't seem like many people ordered Black exterior so they put us all last. Was regretting picking a black exterior for a bit until I saw a few places saying that the IRS's decison in March likely won't take effect until May/June so just keeping my fingers crossed for now.
Hell why don't they just spit out the black color real quick and get those out the way lol! I do believe the tax credit will get extended, I would be surprised if it didn't. If they really want to take lead of China on EVs and help push the automotives companion/ help economy it would be best to do so

this is from the spreadsheet so white is by far the popular color so i'm pretty sure they are higher priority at the factory.

Solid Black4418.9%
Red Multi-Coat4358.8%

I saw a couple people earlier with red that had delivery dates in February but they also ordered like 1/13 so that's likely why. hopefully they don't push back black orders too much if there are delays with the other colors. Kinda disappointed I'll have to wait until April at least for my black MY

Solid Black4418.9%
Red Multi-Coat4358.8%

What source did you get this from? interesting breakdown and makes sense on why black is delayed. That number of cars does seem really low tho.
Looking at the positives on my end, I'm signing up for FPL time of use program so I can charge at off peak hours at a lower rate. According to their website it's about a 3 month wait for install

Solid Black4418.9%
Red Multi-Coat4358.8%

Did you calculate from the beginning of the spread sheet? You should calculate form 1/13/23 to get more of an accurate number. Being that there was a 13k discount, people are willing to pay extra for colors.

What federal tax credit for nema 14-50? I haven't heard of this, can you guys provide a link to the source?

We just paid to have a NEMA 14-50 installed in our garage. Cost me $500 + $200 permit to get it installed right below our breaker. Plan to use a mobile charger. Thought it was kinda expensive for just 1 outlet but...what's done is done. Other options were $1500 for the tesla charger included + choice of location, was debating between the two. Oh well, figured NEMA would be better in case we move (or if we buy other EVs later on)
Hi. I thinks Duke Energy do

Hell why don't they just spit out the black color real quick and get those out the way lol! I do believe the tax credit will get extended, I would be surprised if it didn't. If they really want to take lead of China on EVs and help push the automotives companion/ help economy it would be best to do so
Honestly facts, it'd be so much better if they did the cars with more expensive colors first. They'd get slightly more money faster.

What federal tax credit for nema 14-50? I haven't heard of this, can you guys provide a link to the source?

We just paid to have a NEMA 14-50 installed in our garage. Cost me $500 + $200 permit to get it installed right below our breaker. Plan to use a mobile charger. Thought it was kinda expensive for just 1 outlet but...what's done is done. Other options were $1500 for the tesla charger included + choice of location, was debating between the two. Oh well, figured NEMA would be better in case we move (or if we buy other EVs later on)
I've seen several people with high prices on a wall charger install. Not sure if it's highly dependent on area but where I live I got three quotes and they were all around $600 for a 60 amp breaker on a dedicated circuit and the charger right beside my breaker box. Company I went with offered military discount so ultimately it only cost me $580 for the install. None of them mentioned anything about a permit so I'm assuming that's state dependent? I think you can also use the Tesla Wall Charger with other EVs with an adapter you can buy.

Last edited: