Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing on Tesla’s part. No complaints there. Boils down to me not being ready to let go of my Model 3. I adore this car. And I don’t *need* the Y (we already have one), despite it being an awesome value. I’ll revisit in a year or so.
Probably will be a good decision in a few months. Even though I have one on order, I think pricing will come down more this year.

Reactions: PewPew
Better range, better ride, not sure why everyone wants the induction. The Geminis are fine. Plus you can buy after market caps to mimic the look.

b/c I think they look so much better than the stock 19's.

If it comes sooner, won't complain but cant help but feel the 2k can be spent somewhere more important. Or at least on my actual toy car lol.

Nothing on Tesla’s part. No complaints there. Boils down to me not being ready to let go of my Model 3. I adore this car. And I don’t *need* the Y (we already have one), despite it being an awesome value. I’ll revisit in a year or so.
What has your experience been with having both a 3 and a Y? Are there any reasons you prefer your 3? Just curious, as I find myself going back and forth mentally because of the price difference between the two, despite the value of the Y currently.

I plan on test driving both again tomorrow to help me decide, and give the 3 (SR) due consideration, before a VIN comes up on my Y (LR) order.

What has your experience been with having both a 3 and a Y? Are there any reasons you prefer your 3? Just curious, as I find myself going back and forth mentally because of the price difference between the two, despite the value of the Y currently.

I plan on test driving both again tomorrow to help me decide, and give the 3 (SR) due consideration, before a VIN comes up on my Y (LR) order.
The Y is a better, more practical car in just about every way, but it just doesn’t excite me as much as the 3. It’s personal preference. My wife’s views are completely opposite of mine, so it works out.

I ordered a Y Performance Black Interior, No FSD, on 1/13 and received an EDD of 1/16. I scheduled a delivery of 1/18 at the Scottsdale Raintree Service/Delivery center. The cars Fremont production date was 1/10.
Yup. Thought the same thing and did the same. Saw on the Tesla website that ordering a MYP with EDD was Jan to Feb. Quick turnaround window, so ordered and then immediately applied for loan to my bank/credit union. Got approved right away.

Didn't want any delays so made sure I had everything before VIN creation. Pre-approval loans are good for 30-90 days depending on your bank. So I had time since the EDD was only 1 month time window out.

Will finalize car insurance once I have the scheduled pick-up date. Everything else I can do on the app from Registration, Trade-in and Financing has been completed and submitted. So hopefully no delays and the process goes smoothly.

Details:
MYP
White Exterior/White Interior
OD: 01/15/2023
VIN: 01/17/2023
EDD: 01/31-02/06
Wow that’s quick! Where are you based?

I don’t think they will go down much more. Perhaps the tax credit gets cut in half though after march, though.
This scenario happened in 2018. Everyone rushed to buy the model 3 because the tax credit. I'm not sure how much longer it was after the credit was over, but it ended up being cheaper without the tax credit. I do think that prices will either go lower or you will be able to at least get the car at roughly the same price as now without the tax credit. Of course you never know for sure.