Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke with SA in the evening today. He was saying Austin is mostly making basic version LR-White/black,19 wheels. So if you have ordered that, there is a very good chance you'd be assigned Austin VIN. Which also means no Matrix lights or new cameras. Unless they run out of them and reward the later orders with those two. It seems that due to chip shortage the vendor was not suppling the old headlights so they started putting the new ones instead of waiting. Now the supply is back, so they are back to old (read cheaper) headlights and cameras.

Reactions: jose3030
I am taking Y LR tomorrow. Ordered on 1/13 and VIN got assigned instantly. Trading ID4 with still loan on it and took 5 days to get all things cleared.
I applied loan through tesla and got approved by US bank at 5.99 apr and same rate irrespective 48/60/72. I accepted 48 months and rest of the down payment through tesla app around 5pm today.
Just few min ago got text some thing changed and i need ro review and accept , i see finance apr changed to 5.34% (nice) but finance institution is now Tesla finance. (Also got text message from credit agencies for this hard enquiry in addition to hard enquiry on 1/13 by US bank.
1. Is this normal ?
2.finance term is 72 months and no option to reduce to 36/48/60 months etc.. sent to SA and my SA answers once a day through text at most
3. I do see credit loan discloser agreement, i see wording like " i may negotiate finance rate with seller ( tesla ? )

Anyone experienced similar ? What options i have since tomorrow at 10am my delivery.
I am planning to refinance anyways but looks to me very weird by last minute change and dictating term limit
1) It's normal. Credit checks are done to see if you won't default on payment and you are a good person to lend and pay on time. These credit checks are almost always hardpulls to see your credit score from the 3 credit agencies.
2) You can always pay off it faster even if the loan is for 72 months, you can pay it off faster.
3) Not sure since I went through a credit union.

I am planning on refinancing too once interest rates gets lowered. I want to lock in the lower price points of the Tesla.

I just rejected the trade-in offer from Tesla for a 2020 Prius Prime Limited with a little under 38K miles. Got $1.8K more from a Toyota dealer. I asked my SA if that might move up my EDD and he said, "Removing the trade in does not impact the delivery eta window.". FWIW.
But does your state give you sales tax savings because of trade. My 2k less at Tesla is a wash because 8% on 26200 Prius prime makes it equal to Toyota.

Good question. I just got a check from the dealer with no provision for sales tax. I guess I'll find out when I take delivery on the new MYLR and report to the IRS for the rebate. If I have to pay NC sales tax it would be 3% or $855 out of $28.5K. Still would come out about $1k ahead. Not bad for 2 days work, mostly on the phone and internet, certainly not 16 hours worth.

Just looked at availible inventory. Only MY LR are over the $55k threshold, so not eligible.
Nobody knows for sure when in March the IRS will release its guidence, right?

Do we have an idea of the current battery makeup for the LR? Will the tax credit go to the $3,750 or $0?
The tax credit would go to $3750 to account for made in America EV. The other $3750 was battery sourcing requirements…most likely treasury won’t come up with those specifications by end of March..most likely by mid-year. From experience nothing works in government as fast

I was just messing :) Just curious how many characters you’d give out before questioning it
I'm curious why people hide their full VIN. Is there some type of fraud out there that uses a VIN? I mean I can walk up to any car on the street (and actually associate that car with a real person and not an anonymous forum handle) and read off the VIN.

Reactions: WyoDude
Newbie here.
First time poster. First time EV buyer.

Test drove and ordered 1/14 @ 1100 PST.
MY LR Blue/Black
Revised order via app a couples hours later. Silver/ Black
EDD Jan - March

How do we get notified? App or text?
so when my EDD changed I did not get any notification whatsoever, just pulled up the app then realized the date had changed from just the Jan- March to Jan 24- Feb. 7. I ordered 1/13 and the change happened around 8am the next day, yeah i was spam refreshing intermittently lol
My EDD changed to 1/29 - 2/12 around noontime today.

Spoke with SA in the evening today. He was saying Austin is mostly making basic version LR-White/black,19 wheels. So if you have ordered that, there is a very good chance you'd be assigned Austin VIN. Which also means no Matrix lights or new cameras. Unless they run out of them and reward the later orders with those two. It seems that due to chip shortage the vendor was not suppling the old headlights so they started putting the new ones instead of waiting. Now the supply is back, so they are back to old (read cheaper) headlights and cameras.
To date, no one has posted a legitamate photo of a MY with the new camera housing. Only M3 have that concentric ring design housing and that started way before the internet hype about new cameras. Also no one has shown any difference in the camera image between the old and new housing on the M3. New cameras is a myth spread through Reddit and this forum. Yes Tesla is going to use 5MP cameras someday soon. But as far as we know they haven't started to do so yet.

Maybe MY price will be raised again in a few months when they actually add 5MP cameras and the new HD Radar units to actually give AP and FSD a fighting chance.

Reactions: jose3030