Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 1/13
Original EDD: Jan - March 2023
Updated EDD: Jan 17 - Jan 31
No VIN Assignment
Self-Arranging Financing

Is it normal for VIN not to be assigned yet? I completed all my pre-delivery tasks it says "we'll notify you when it's time to continue with your pre-delivery tasks"

OD 1/13
No VIN Assignment
Self-Arranging Financing

Is it normal for VIN not to be assigned yet? I completed all my pre-delivery tasks it says "we'll notify you when it's time to continue with your pre-delivery tasks"
when did you complete the tasks? and can you describe your car details?
I ordered model y red on 1/13. no update for yet

OD 1/13
No VIN Assignment
Self-Arranging Financing

Gonna guess that they're still making the car and once it's made, you'll get the VIN (but very likely that they expect it soon).

SoCal Area
OD: 1/13
Delivery Scheduled: 1/20
MYLR: White/Black, 19", Tow
VIN assigned: PA051xxx

Curious if others with VINs out of Austin are in the same range or if I was assigned someone’s reject. Seeing other Austin VINs in the 059xxx range which has me questioning the car I’m getting.

Reactions: jose3030
The tires on the car were Michelin Pilot Sport, rated ZR. I don't know if these are delivered on all Y Performance cars. Since the tires are wider on the rear, rotation is done by swapping the tires laterally (L to R).

I took delivery of the Model Y Performance on January 18th at the Scottsdale Raintree delivery center. The delivery went smoothly. I didn't need any training because this was my 4th new Tesla delivery (2018 model 3 RWD, 2022 model S LR, 2022 model 3 Performance). All were white with black interior.

One cheap change Tesla made was to delete the rear chrome license plate frame. It cost $40 at Tesla Shop.

The car had 4 miles on the odometer.

See delivery pictures.

Attachments

• Left Front Door Open View.JPEG
    Left Front Door Open View.JPEG
    397.2 KB · Views: 146
  • Right Side Front View.JPEG
    Right Side Front View.JPEG
    533.4 KB · Views: 100
  • Right Quarter View.JPEG
    Right Quarter View.JPEG
    504.1 KB · Views: 96
  • Front View.JPEG
    Front View.JPEG
    477.6 KB · Views: 106
  • Me at Delivery.JPEG
    Me at Delivery.JPEG
    346.4 KB · Views: 114
The tires on the car were Michelin Pilot Sport, rated ZR. I don't know if these are delivered on all Y Performance cars. Since the tires are wider on the rear, rotation is done by swapping the tires laterally (L to R).
I took delivery of the Model Y Performance on January 18th at the Tesla Scottsdale Raintree Delivery center. The delivery went smoothly. This was my 4th new Tesla delivery. The car was almost flawless. The only issue was different left/right rear door panel gaps. This will be fixed by Tesla Mobil Service.

One cheap change Tesla made was to delete the rear chrome license plate frame. It cost $40 at Tesla shop.

See attached delivery pictures.

Attachments

• Left Side Quarter View.JPEG
    Left Side Quarter View.JPEG
    390.7 KB · Views: 110
  • Right Quarter View.JPEG
    Right Quarter View.JPEG
    504.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Left Side Front View.JPEG
    Left Side Front View.JPEG
    533.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Me at Delivery.JPEG
    Me at Delivery.JPEG
    346.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Left Front Door Open View.JPEG
    Left Front Door Open View.JPEG
    397.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Front View.JPEG
    Front View.JPEG
    477.6 KB · Views: 84
  • Right Rear Side View.JPEG
    Right Rear Side View.JPEG
    287.1 KB · Views: 98
Reactions: geekfam
SoCal Area

Curious if others with VINs out of Austin are in the same range or if I was assigned someone’s reject. Seeing other Austin VINs in the 059xxx range which has me questioning the car I’m getting.
Ordered 1/13. Said mine was on truck and vin is 0533xx. Pick up 1/23.

Reactions: geekfam
SoCal Area

Curious if others with VINs out of Austin are in the same range or if I was assigned someone’s reject. Seeing other Austin VINs in the 059xxx range which has me questioning the car I’m getting
Not necessarily, could have been excess inventory considering you ordered right after the price drop

I took delivery of the Model Y Performance on January 18th at the Tesla Scottsdale Raintree Delivery center. The delivery went smoothly. This was my 4th new Tesla delivery. The car was almost flawless. The only issue was different left/right rear door panel gaps. This will be fixed by Tesla Mobil Service.

One cheap change Tesla made was to delete the rear chrome license plate frame. It cost $40 at Tesla shop.

See attached delivery pictures.
how did you order the rear spoiler?
is that factory installed?
how much?

Back to the waiting game after picking up an M3 last summer. Got my first EDD yesterday after ordering an MYLR on 1/15 (see order details below). Kinda happy that I get to wait a while for the MY because I would like to know what's happening with HW4 before accepting the car.

Last edited:
Reactions: jose3030
What do the other numbers represent in the VIN and letter represent besides the F and A?
One of many VIN decoders out there: Tesla VIN Decoder - Model S, 3, X, Y

But really not much of interest in it. The P for 2023 was a big deal in October when they switched model years but that won’t be important till next fall when people hope for a Q.

Reactions: Carbonfiber