Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not good actually.. vehicle is fine and atleast i didnt find issues.. i will look into more detail at home
Real issue was, i was trading ID4 and expecting my custom plate transferred and also it will minimize the registration fees.
Once i am at tesla, delivery rep told me that the plate needs to be minimum 60 days for them to transfer. I asked them why they didnt inform me all these.. til yesterday my balance was zero and at 10am today my unpaid balance is $177. I was literally mad.. so i paid $177 and got new temp tag, i need to return my custom plate . The answer i got from the delivery rep was, itseems they couldnt able to manage so many deliveries and they said sorry.. i get it.. Musk is trying to get vehicle without dealer network but time is catching up where expectations will be high with high competition is very near by with other manufacturers.. it is not about my $177 but "my time" to return the plate (going to dmv), apply vehicle property tax refund (old trade in car) which will take couple of months, i get new property tax bill in one month which will be at higher value which is a loss to me.. all this avoided if delivery rep has time to deal each customer at one time with one customer

At least the vehicle is nice. Enjoy!

Sorry, do you mean yes by the first date on the EDD?
Yes to all three. Personally, I feel the delivery windows is the range given by the transport cross country and those can vary significantly from one car carrier truck to the next. I've also known folks who had a delivery window two weeks from now then suddenly get a message to schedule pickup within the next 3 days. So its tough to nail down further than the two week window until you are given the chance to schedule delivery.

Reactions: Ryan McHargue
I received the VIN today but I don't see the MVPA (Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement). When will I be able to see it in the Tesla App?
If you've received any text messages from Tesla, indicating your VIN was available or what have you, try texting back and ask for the MVPA. I did so and got a pretty quick response, though apparently there's some degree of variability in that regard.

Reactions: Joshua Payne
OD: 1/13 6am Pacific
EDD: 1/19 - 2/2
VIN assessignment: MIA
Ordered base MYLR no upgrades

Should I still expect this EDD if I haven't received a VIN and also haven't been able to select a delivery location? (I think it briefly said something about not being sure if home delivery would be available yet but I clicked through it)

Reactions: jose3030

Should I still expect this EDD if I haven't received a VIN and also haven't been able to select a delivery location? (I think it briefly said something about not being sure if home delivery would be available yet but I clicked through it)
Usually if you enter your EDD window without getting a VIN the EDD will shift forward on day 2. So expect to see some change in the EDD today (Friday). Sometimes the EDD just shifts a few days. Other times it will shift a full 1-2 weeks forward. Caveat that all my experience/data comes from many months ago when wait times were crazy (8-12months) so maybe the system is a little better now. Although I think the rush of demand after the price drop is starting to bring back the crazy times again and therefore very unpredictable EDDs.

I received the VIN today but I don't see the MVPA (Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement). When will I be able to see it in the Tesla App?
check in the web browser. once you log into web, goto manage your reservation (your car icon), bottom on the right hand side.. normally you should see there.. I was searching similar few days ago and I found there.. normally if VIN is assigned, then you should see the document

Update 0) : OD : 18th at about 8PM eastern/White MY-LR/Black Int/19'
Initial EDD : Jan-March
completed those "tasks" early next day.
Delivery Location : central/south NJ

Update 1) : 19th afternoon at about 4PM : EDD Feb 18th - Mar 25th.
applied for auto loan with BOA @ 4.99 for 50k/72months

I don't mind checking the app every now to check updates but wondering why I did not get email or txt for the 19th update.

Thank you for the person who pointed Tower Federal. Will check with them today.

Update 0) : OD : 18th at about 8PM eastern/White MY-LR/Black Int/19'
Initial EDD : Jan-March
completed those "tasks" early next day.
Delivery Location : central/south NJ

Update 1) : 19th afternoon at about 4PM : EDD Feb 18th - Mar 25th.
applied for auto loan with BOA @ 4.99 for 50k/72months

I don't mind checking the app every now to check updates but wondering why I did not get email or txt for the 19th update.

Thank you for the person who pointed Tower Federal. Will check with them today.
Huge spike in purchases in the past week. Everyone is trying to jump on to these deals. Tesla is overloaded. Lets pray we get these cars on time.

Huge spike in purchases in the past week. Everyone is trying to jump on to these deals. Tesla is overloaded. Lets pray we get these cars on time.
If you already placed order. I wouldn't worry as Tesla doesn't have enough orders yet for their production capacity till March. The only exception is 7seat etc where they may be slightly behind. Even that should be fine by March.

Reactions: PewPew

I'm pretty much in the same boat
OD: 1/13
EDD: was 1/19 - 2/2
No VIN
MY-LR, Blue Ext, Black Int, Tow Hitch added

But my EDD updated this morning to 1/20 - 2/1

OD: 1/18
Model Y LR
Blue/White, No tow
Basically the nearest build to $55,000 (54,990)
South Carolina
EDD: Feb 21-Mar 28
First time Tesla owner, my wife owns a Mini-Cooper electric and she loves it.
Question: will I be able to pick the delivery location? I live in the middle of three showrooms and would prefer to travel to one location over another.