Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious. Does nearly everyone who ordered a white exterior really love that color? Or are you just ordering that because the EDD seems to be much quicker? I ordered a red (only option I chose) MYLR on January 13th with the black interior which still has an EDD of 1 Feb to 1 Mar 2023. C'mon Tesla, change the production line and let some other folks have a chance.
The only two Tesla colors we like are white and MSM. Tesla's red is beautiful but far too flashy for us. Both of us really dislike their blue; even though blue is my favorite color, I don't typically like blue cars. (Volvo and Audi have some great, more muted, grayish shades of blue that I really like, but Tesla's is far too primary.) Black is a non-starter for me - I had a black car for nearly 10 years, and it was much too hard to maintain. Finally, I already have a MSM 3, and we don't want cars of the same color, so white was the obvious choice for my wife's Y.

I really wish Tesla would start getting more creative with their colors. A more subtle blue or a muted green or even a British racing green, like they used to have on the Model S, would be really welcome.

The only two Tesla colors we like are white and MSM. Tesla's red is beautiful but far too flashy for us. Both of us really dislike their blue; even though blue is my favorite color, I don't typically like blue cars. (Volvo and Audi have some great, more muted, grayish shades of blue that I really like, but Tesla's is far too primary.) Black is a non-starter for me - I had a black car for nearly 10 years, and it was much too hard to maintain. Finally, I already have a MSM 3, and we don't want cars of the same color, so white was the obvious choice for my wife's Y.

I really wish Tesla would start getting more creative with their colors. A more subtle blue or a muted green or even a British racing green, like they used to have on the Model S, would be really welcome.
They have 2 new colors, but I think it is only released in the Berlin factory so far. a Red that has 13 layers (so it changes based on lighting and your angle of view) and a quicksilver

Did you guys get an email with a PDF of the order agreement right after ordering?

I ordered 1/16, just got this email but no updates in the app with a clearer EDD or VIN yet.
Same here. I ordered on 1/16 and got the email with PDF and order confirmation just few hours ago. No EDD yet.

I don't get how Tesla being a tech company can't get their systems to work correctly

Wanna order a blue/blk MYLR but seems like EDD won’t be till late march and probably early April now. Wondering if I should take a chance and do it. I have a feeling the 7500 will run thru the end of Q1 so would need a March delivery.
Any advice or inputs on ordering now

Wanna order a blue/blk MYLR but seems like EDD won’t be till late march and probably early April now. Wondering if I should take a chance and do it. I have a feeling the 7500 will run thru the end of Q1 so would need a March delivery.
Any advice or inputs on ordering now

Still says Jan-Mar on their site for blue/black.
Just order it, see what happens. It'll be 250 lost if it doesn't work out but by all accounts, you got time.

Reactions: sdq_11
OD 19th - yesterday morning.
initial EDD Jan - March
Area : North NJ
Not updated yet after the first EDD.
Can any one expect my EDD or similar situation going through??
OD 17th
Initial EDD Jan - March
Area: Los Angeles
EDD updated on the 19th - March 26 - March 31
Cutting it close, but hopefully the DD improves as it gets closer to the EDD
What build are you? just out of curiosity
White paint/black exterior and induction wheels. Any updates to your EDD?