Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD: 1/13 - 7:03 PM EST - Profile Completed 1/14 - Noonish
White / black / 19
Updated EDD: 2/5-2/13
VIN: 1/22/2023 - PF6603xx
Build Date: 1/21/2023

Delivery Location: NY

The Employee on the (510) number said most USA cars will be Fremont for the next month. As most Austin cars are going to right to the port to go to Europe. (I assume it's cheaper to go across the Atlantic then through the Panama Canal.
I don't know how much of it is true about sending Austin build to Europe, there are few people here who mentioned about their Austin builds getting delivered in US

Zoom in on reflection. Your will see the specs. The entire car was covered. They tried to compound it but it’s under the clear coat.
This is a bit concerning :) I also ordered a silver/gray model, coming from Austin, with a VIN a some 2,200ish after yours... If cars are coming off the line every 60 seconds (just a ballpark guess from something I read), that's only about 35-40 minutes later! I guess I'll be inspecting the paint pretty closely!

Is this something you could complain about and/or address after delivery? (Not even sure how you'd address it, so I'll reject if it has the same issue). I have to imagine there would be a lot of cars like this on either side of your VIN...

Is the inspection done indoors at delivery time? I'm probably not usually picky enough when it comes to this pre-inspection stuff, and would probably be OK with addressing some issues after taking delivery, but wondering what other kinds of "dealbreakers" there are out there?

This is a bit concerning :) I also ordered a silver/gray model, coming from Austin, with a VIN a some 2,200ish after yours... If cars are coming off the line every 60 seconds (just a ballpark guess from something I read), that's only about 35-40 minutes later! I guess I'll be inspecting the paint pretty closely!

Is this something you could complain about and/or address after delivery? (Not even sure how you'd address it, so I'll reject if it has the same issue). I have to imagine there would be a lot of cars like this on either side of your VIN...

Is the inspection done indoors at delivery time? I'm probably not usually picky enough when it comes to this pre-inspection stuff, and would probably be OK with addressing some issues after taking delivery, but wondering what other kinds of "dealbreakers" there are out there?
Ooops! No way to edit posts I guess.... but please disregard the math above! I'm having a bad math day :) 24 hours * 60 seconds would be 1,440 cars per day :) Guess it's time for another cup of coffee!

Still curious on my other questions though...

W/w/19” tow.
OD 1/13 updated Samar afternoon. Profile complete on 1/14.
EDD Jan- March. Now it is from Jan 23-Feb 6
VIN yet to assign.

Is delay in VIN due to tow package. Do we have option to opt out. If we do so will that take you back in EDD position considering as change in order.

Decided to change from the MYLR to MYP for personal preferences. Do you think I will receive this before I would the MYLR, and how long would this EDD take to update?
Usually takes 24hrs (maybe a bit less) to update EDD. MYPs typically delivery faster. On Tesla order page estimate is Jan-Feb for MYP and Jan-Mar for LR. I think you will get an MYP in short order. Hard to know for sure as no one is posting about MYP recently because most are going for the tax credit.

Decided to change from the MYLR to MYP for personal preferences. Do you think I will receive this before I would the MYLR, and how long would this EDD take to update?
I ordered a MYP white/white on 1/18. My EDD changed to January 29-February 12 on 1/19 and hasn’t moved since. No VIN yet. We have a 2022 Model X already that we waited over a year for so hoping for a shorter order to delivery time this go around 😉

Reactions: geekfam
OD: 1/13 - Profile Completed 1/14
White / black / 19
OEDD: 1/19-2/1
Vin: 1/19
Updated EDD: 1/24-1/31

I was asked to schedule my deliver today 1/23. However, my trade-in offer is still pending. I can acutally see the trade in value in the loan agreement page, but that might not be the official one. And the sales tax is still calculated according to the full car price. My guess is that the trade in car is on a lease, that's why it take forever for them to figure it out. Anyone has similar situtation?

I will be trading in my Prius Prime, trade in value was very close as well as just having them deal with the additional 2k I'm saving in taxes by trading it in. $26,200 from tesla, the instant cash offer from KBB from bob Johnson was only 25,600. Car max was slightly more, but not worth for the headache.

I have the same brand wall charger. Just don't want to have to use the app to open the door.
I see.
We sold a 2014 Kia Sorento to CarMax to buy the Tesla. It was old and well hit a few deer in it’s day. It had a small dent in the hood and needed a new bumper. So I was pleased with the offer they gave us. And it was a quick process.
We didn’t want to drive it to Tesla and have them lowball us when they saw it in person. So we just said let’s just go to Carmax.

When you say use the app to open the door, what do you mean?

I wonder if Tesla has slowed down (or even temporarily stopped) MYP builds due to the onslaught of LR orders from the 13th onward?
There are no MYP in inventory in BC anymore. There were like 20+ a few weeks ago.
I do see a number of MYP in inventory in the US so may be easier in the US to snag one....really easy if one of the inventory ones match one's order.

I see.
We sold a 2014 Kia Sorento to CarMax to buy the Tesla. It was old and well hit a few deer in it’s day. It had a small dent in the hood and needed a new bumper. So I was pleased with the offer they gave us. And it was a quick process.
We didn’t want to drive it to Tesla and have them lowball us when they saw it in person. So we just said let’s just go to Carmax.

When you say use the app to open the door, what do you mean?
I thought the charge port only opens with the tesla charger or if you open the door via car app or inside the car.

Reactions: 3YMimi73
OD: 1/13 - Profile Completed 1/14
White / black / 19
OEDD: 1/19-2/1
Vin: 1/19
Updated EDD: 1/24-1/31

I was asked to schedule my deliver today 1/23. However, my trade-in offer is still pending. I can acutally see the trade in value in the loan agreement page, but that might not be the official one. And the sales tax is still calculated according to the full car price. My guess is that the trade in car is on a lease, that's why it take forever for them to figure it out. Anyone has similar situtation?
What day did you select for delivery?

When I’m at home I have my car set to not automatically lock so I just lightly touch the charger door and it opens. I find this is easier than trying to locate the button on the Tesla charger. If street or charging outside this may not work.
My charger is in my garage, I will now have to back in every night because my Prius has its charge port on the passenger side. I mean, I don't think I will need to buy a new charger then, because my 32amp one is enough for me for home charging. I'll just buy a 2nd adapter to convert the j1772 to tesla and leave it on it.

I just thought you had to have the tesla one or have to open the door via app. But thanks for the information.

Reactions: mshort_utk