Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like they’re pretty backed up on mobile connector, so that may be delayed

One alternative would be charging at it)35 EV chargers — the car comes with an adapter that you can use, so u can do that until your mobile connector gets shipped
the only charger nearby is at a safeway and is only 8 kW, I can't sit there hours waiting for my car to charge. At first I didn't really care that they stopped including them with the car since the price of the charger being separate didn't really change the total price in a meaningful way, but the fact they are basically willing to sell me the car without a way to charge it is very annoying. I have an EA station about 25 mins away but they won't let me order a CCS adapter yet because I haven't taken delivery.

Is there a competing Mobile Connector that I can buy from amazon to use the mean time until my Tesla order arrives?

EDIT: I found this one and am going to have to order it I guess.

Last edited:
For those concerned about the 500 dollar proce increase I think for those who have already ordered your price locked. I ordered on the 13th and received my vin this past weekend and my MVPG or amount due on the app has not changed once this price increased by 500. I am scheduled to take delivery Feb 3-9

Reactions: xyskis
the only charger nearby is at a safeway and is only 8 kW, I can't sit there hours waiting for my car to charge. At first I didn't really care that they stopped including them with the car since the price of the charger being separate didn't really change the total price in a meaningful way, but the fact they are basically willing to sell me the car without a way to charge it is very annoying. I have an EA station about 25 mins away but they won't let me order a CCS adapter yet because I haven't taken delivery.

Is there a competing Mobile Connector that I can buy from amazon to use the mean time until my Tesla order arrives?

EDIT: I found this one and am going to have to order it I guess.
Including cables and accessories that most people do not use is a waste of money and is bad for the environment. Consumers have some responsibility for figuring out what they need. I concur with your annoyance, but it is misplaced.

Reactions: zroger73
They gotta be doing a metallic silver batch this week because I haven’t seen a single MSM color delivery that was inventory in this thread since the announcement. Really hoping this EDD of Jan 26 - Feb 23 for me doesn’t move right :(. I also order on Jan 14 @1PM CST
We ordered a MYLR MSM on the 13th and currently have an EDD of 1/25-2/8. No VIN yet, so we are really hoping to get one assigned soon! 🤞

Reactions: jose3030