Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my EDD (finally) yesterday. I think filling out reg info matters.

OD 1/13
Original EDD Jan-March
EDD updated on 1/25 to January 31 - February 14 window
No vin yet.
And VIN just got assigned this morning as well as EDD updated:

OD 1/13
Original EDD Jan-March
EDD updated 1/25 to January 31-February 14
VIN assigned 1/26 EDD updated Feb 7-Feb 14th
White/Black 19’s
Austin Build

Being a Californian I’d prefer a California built car but pushing up against the deadline may not leave me much choice.

Matrix lights would’ve been nice but at the end of the day, not a BFD to me.

Reactions: jose3030 and bbbop
And VIN just got assigned this morning as well as EDD updated:

OD 1/13
Original EDD Jan-March
EDD updated 1/25 to January 31-February 14
VIN assigned 1/26 EDD updated Feb 7-Feb 14th
White/Black 19’s
Austin Build

Being a Californian I’d prefer a California built car but pushing up against the deadline may not leave me much choice.

Matrix lights would’ve been nice but at the end of the day, not a BFD to me.
Seems like most if not all of the Socal builds getting VIN #'s lately are Austin builds ( mine included White / Black / 19s ). I hope the build quality is good in Austin.

Are we supposed to receive EDD updates via emails or texts? I observed EDD changed to 2/26-3/31 in the app but did not receive any notification. While that’s not a big problem, I am trying to understand how to delay the delivery by a month or so without loosing order fee. Are there any options? This is mainly because my current car lease ends in early June and the dealer is not willing to take the car earlier w/out penalty. Appreciate any inputs. Thanks!

Are we supposed to receive EDD updates via emails or texts? I observed EDD changed to 2/26-3/31 in the app but did not receive any notification. While that’s not a big problem, I am trying to understand how to delay the delivery by a month or so without loosing order fee. Are there any options? This is mainly because my current car lease ends in early June and the dealer is not willing to take the car earlier w/out penalty. Appreciate any inputs. Thanks!
My EDD updated from Jan-March to Jan 30-Feb 27th without any email or texts. I just kept refreshing my Tesla App.

Then I got another update to Feb 7-14, in which I received a text and email 1-2 days after I saw this update in the App.

Reactions: jose3030
No notifications about EDD changes...only with a VIN. Talk to Tesla about holding the order. They change their policy on that all the time.

p

No notifications for me. I assumed that we were all just refreshing compulsively.

You don't qualify for the tax credit? Most of us are shooting for an earlier delivery to ensure we get the full tax credit.