Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any so it goes...

Jan 21: EDD Jan 21-Jan 30
Jan 22: EDD Jan 22-Jan 31
Jan 23: EDD Jan 23-Feb 1
Jan 24: EDD Jan 24-Feb 2
Jan 25: EDD Jan 25-Feb 3
Jan 26: EDD Jan 26-Feb 4
Jan 27 (today): EDD Jan 27- Feb 5

Is Tesla in the habit of teasing its customers like this?

On Jan 26, I received this email: Tesla Shop Order Has Shipped (Mobile Connector). Can I read anything into that?
I am wondering the same thing about the mobile connector. We ordered on the 13th and had an EDD of 1/25-2/8. On the evening of 1/25, our EDD changed to 2/2-2/16, but we received notification late in the morning of the 26th that the mobile connector has shipped.

Trying not to read too much into that email, but we are really hoping to know soon what is going on since we ordered so early and need to sell my current car to help with our down payment.

Reactions: nerdybirdy12
Hello again! As I mentioned before, I have the same exact specs as you in same location and same order date. As of right now, my EDD still says 01/29 - 02/07. I'll definitely let you know as soon as I get a delivery appointment notification (let me know if you get one as well). It's strange how my window is about 2 days ahead of you, I would've thought we'd be on the same truck to Raleigh, haha.
Oh wow nice. Yes definitely keep me posted. I will definitely update if I hear something as well. 29th is this Sunday, so I hope you get it on the weekend, that would be best for us too. From what I see, the SA usually reaches out 1-2 days prior to the delivery date to schedule

Any so it goes...

On Jan 26, I received this email: Tesla Shop Order Has Shipped (Mobile Connector). Can I read anything into that?
this is almost comical... sorry, don't mean to laugh about this but it's like trying to get in your buddy's car and you try to pull the car handle and he drives away, 7 times!!! But I'm concerned this is happeneing to me as well. My first date for my EDD window is tomorrow. I'll probably get the same one day delay everyday from now. You already have a VIN right?

Reactions: Blacked_Y
I created a public Google Sheet that has the EDD for this thread (Not sure if it is allowed in the forum). But I only updated the sheet with the top 2 pages of this topic. If you happened to see this, please add yours. It might help others to track their orders.

1/14: Initial Order, White/Black/Tow 23 MYLR. EDD on app Jan 31-Feb27. Location Northern VA.
1/19: Modified order to Blue ext and white int; no tow; gemini; Edd still Jan 31-feb 27.
1/23: EDD changed to Jan 29-feb 12.
1/27: VIN assigned. Delivery window Feb 15-Feb24

I'm in Fairfax, OD 1/15, MYLR w/ white ext/black int, 19", EDD is still 2/8-3/8.. hopefully I get an update soon.

I created a public Google Sheet that has the EDD for this thread (Not sure if it is allowed in the forum). But I only updated the sheet with the top 2 pages of this topic. If you happened to see this, please add yours. It might help others to track their orders.

I have my own tracker (but only for reds) :Tesla Red Model Y Tracker

And Teslike has a tracker as well: Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker

this is almost comical... sorry, don't mean to laugh about this but it's like trying to get in your buddy's car and you try to pull the car handle and he drives away, 7 times!!! But I'm concerned this is happeneing to me as well. My first date for my EDD window is tomorrow. I'll probably get the same one day delay everyday from now. You already have a VIN right?
Perfect analogy. Still no VIN.

I am in Eden Prairie too. Good luck ! SA is sales agent. Tremaine over Tesla EP is my SA.
I called the EP center. The guy told me that they delivered about 500 cars Q4, 2022. Based on the recent Tesla earning call, half of their Q4 delivery was in December. That means the EP service center delivered about 250 cars (all models) in December. My guess is we will have many more Model Ys for Feb and Mar :)

Reactions: NeonMYLR
Any so it goes...

I would be anxious too in your shoes. Bay area no less, the factory is so close LOL

Seems like 1/14 orders are starting to consistently get VINs at least!

Reactions: YW555
1/14: Initial Order, White/Black/Tow 23 MYLR. EDD on app Jan 31-Feb27. Location Northern VA.
1/19: Modified order to Blue ext and white int; no tow; gemini; Edd still Jan 31-feb 27.
1/23: EDD changed to Jan 29-feb 12.
1/27: VIN assigned. Delivery window Feb 15-Feb24
I am also northern VA, blue/blk initial order 1/14, what first 5 letters vin of and where it is coming from?

Hello Everyone,

So, I actually originally ordered my MYLR back on July 27th. Because Of the tax credit, I decided to cancel my order at the end of November because I received a delivery date of Dec 15th and would not qualify for credit. Then, after cancelling the $3,500 and $7,500 reductions came out. I was kicking myself for canceling and not reordering in December. However, once January came the credit came back and then I waited a little bit longer and then the new reduction came out!! I put my order in with the new price! 😀😀😀 As you can see in my history below, my car comes in within the next two weeks! Patience paid off.

Here in New Jersey, PSEG paid 100% for my hardwire ChargePoint charger. Also, NJ gives $2,000 point of sale reduction And NO TAX on the car!! Qualified for the $7,500 federal credit. PSEG give $0.02 k/w between 9pm to 6am. Everything worked out well. I almost took a MYP in inventory which ultimately would have been a $600 difference, but I stuck with the MYLR.

I wish everyone the best as the orders are filled. 😉
How did you make PSEG to pay for charger? Did you buy it and then submitted receipts to PSEG? Or did you use a link from their website ?

I am wondering the same thing about the mobile connector. We ordered on the 13th and had an EDD of 1/25-2/8. On the evening of 1/25, our EDD changed to 2/2-2/16, but we received notification late in the morning of the 26th that the mobile connector has shipped.

Trying not to read too much into that email, but we are really hoping to know soon what is going on since we ordered so early and need to sell my current car to help with our down payment.
Ditto for m

Reactions: nerdybirdy12