Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would be anxious too in your shoes. Bay area no less, the factory is so close LOL

Seems like 1/14 orders are starting to consistently get VINs at least!
I ordered on 1/14/23 as well. Still have no VIN and still a month long EDD range. Ordered LR in Blue with Black Interior with Gemini Wheels. Starting to get anxious so many people getting VINS or 2 weeks EDD windows

I called the EP center. The guy told me that they delivered about 500 cars Q4, 2022. Based on the recent Tesla earning call, half of their Q4 delivery was in December. That means the EP service center delivered about 250 cars (all models) in December. My guess is we will have many more Model Ys for Feb and Mar :)
Awesome ! 🍻 I also see that the local inventory has started filling up here with Y. Once VIN gets assigned, will feel a bit better..
Cheers ..

Any so it goes...

Jan 21: EDD Jan 21-Jan 30
Jan 22: EDD Jan 22-Jan 31
Jan 23: EDD Jan 23-Feb 1
Jan 24: EDD Jan 24-Feb 2
Jan 25: EDD Jan 25-Feb 3
Jan 26: EDD Jan 26-Feb 4
Jan 27 (today): EDD Jan 27- Feb 5

Is Tesla in the habit of teasing its customers like this?

On Jan 26, I received this email: Tesla Shop Order Has Shipped (Mobile Connector). Can I read anything into that?

Totally a guess in my part, but to me, I would read this as the vehicle having been produced and the train with it reached its hub, but the car carrier hasn’t left with your car yet to get it to your delivery service center.

But I’m saying that because it makes the most sense for such daily changes as they wait on the carrier to get going towards them. Because it makes sense, this may be a reason why it isn’t the case lol.

How did you make PSEG to pay for charger? Did you buy it and then submitted receipts to PSEG? Or did you use a link from their website ?

PSEG does not pay for the charger. PSEG gives back up to $1500 in bill credits for installation and permits. Charge up NJ gives you $250 back in purchasing a level 2 Charger (Charge Point & Juice Box Only) and the Federal Gov't will give you back up to 30% Tax Credit on the Charger (Confirm your accountant).

Check with your Service Provider for full details

Question for you guys.
I received the VIN and the schedule request at the same time, which doesn't make sense to me. Does that mean it's a rejected vehicle? How can I find out the manufactured date?
The earliest delivery date is 1/30.
VIN assignments are either done by HQ when you car begins it’s trek to the delivery center, or by the delivery center when they unload you car from the carrier. Sounds like you had the latter.