Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR Red / Black / Gemini
OD 1/13 8:07AM EST
Profile Completion:1/13
EDD: Feb 3-March 3
VIN Assigned: 1/27
VIN: PF669xxx
New EDD: Feb 10-Feb 17
Congrats on your VIN finally being assigned! Fellow Red MYLR here, still waiting on mine. I've been tracking red orders and one thing that's interesting is location doesn't matter significantly. There are plenty of red orders on 1/13 from California with delivery dates similar to yours (maybe a few days earlier but not much).

Congrats on your VIN finally being assigned! Fellow Red MYLR here, still waiting on mine. I've been tracking red orders and one thing that's interesting is location doesn't matter significantly. There are plenty of red orders on 1/13 from California with delivery dates similar to yours (maybe a few days earlier but not much).
I was seeing the same thing, and thought I'd be more towards the end of my window. I think they do colors in batches, so they are probably burning through all the Red 1/13 orders now, maybe get into 14th or 15th. Someone knows... but I doubt anyone on this forum.

I don't have a current order, but just dropped by to say hi. We have both a model 3 and a model y. I drove myself crazy worried about the delivery and checklists and such before delivery. Both deliveries were great. It can get scary reading a few bad delivery stories, but most are great. Keep the faith and good luck everyone. Taking delivery is so exciting. The cars are amazing.

One other thing I forgot to mention. While I was going crazy waiting for our M3 and MY a few years ago, I realized I had never "inspected in super detail" any other car in my 40 years of buying cars. I kept thinking about why I was so obsessed with every millimeter of gaps and such when taking delivery. All I could come up with was all the articles I had read in the past. We had a Honda minivan, Toyota Camry, Nissian 350Z, and I never paid any attention to those when bought new. We currently have a Volt, and after all the Tesla gap nervousness, I looked at the Volt and the hatch was way off center and had bad gaps. I came to realize no car is perfect, and if you go looking for issues (at least cosmetic) you will find something, just like my Volt. Probably does not help you all here, but meant to add that last night to my post.

Good luck everyone, hope you get your VIN's soon!!

A picture is a thousand words, but a meme is even better.
Hope you all have a great weekend 😄
793kt3.jpg

793kz7.jpg

My EDD was originally set to be delivered at home. I informed the SA that I would pay with a cashier's check. SA insisted to see front and back images of the check by 5pm the day before delivery. I am not sending pictures of my bank account to a '510' area code which I have never met the other person on the other end. The SA said I could pick up the vehicle at the Tesla dealer, and no advanced image was needed. That worked for me. So, this morning I was the first person walking into the store to pick up a vehicle. It was great. I saw my MYLR nicely washed. The fabulous Mrs. HarryChimp and inspected the exterior which looked sexy good. I asked the SA to unlock the vehicle so that I could check out the interior. She said I would need to hand over the check before the vehicle could be unlocked. I was going to insist on having the MYLR unlocked for me to see the inside, but I could see enough through the windows for the vehicle to pass the eye test. Besides, the Fabulous Mrs. HarryChimp said on the car ride not to be an 'a-hole' dangling the check like a bone in front of a hungry dog. In her mind, if I did not trust Tesla, then why did I go through the effort to buy a vehicle from them.

Anyway, so far...so good. I have noticed the doors need some push/force to securely close. I don't see this as an issue. The doors on my wife's 2015 Pathfinder close with little force, which I was expecting with the MYLR. This vehicle was built in Austin, and I though I read the doors made at the Gig are firmer.
Congrats!

It’s funny the differences between Tesla showrooms. My vehicle was completely unlocked for me during my inspection, but on the same token no one seemed to care I was there. I’ll be doing the bank check next time around if I ever get my ACH payment and trade-in title back.

Eden Prairie Tesla sales guy said that Chicago is the hub for midwest area. Minnesota orders will be first shipped to Chicago before being sent to Minnesota. Maybe yours will also be shipped to Chicago first? Where is the nearest Tesla service center to you?
MN is the closest SC for us in ND. I know that I can't buy a Tesla from Chicago because of registration restrictions. But it being a hub makes sense, I wonder if they ship there by rail and then trucked out to the other destinations

Last edited:
I've seen a few Austin rejects already in this thread.
Including my own.

Fremont builds have the Matrix headlights too.
I really wanted an Austin build since I live near the factory, but after seeing an example of their recent sloppy work, I would rather have the experience of the Fremont factory on my next one. I changed my interior to white so I will hopefully have a better chance at getting one from CA, as they seem to still be doing most of the white interior builds.