Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any news when exactly in march will the new tax rules be announced and when they will be effective from ? I ordered on 1/20 and my EDD is 3/04 to 3/31. Worried about loosing on the tax incentive.
No one knows for sure, they only extended it to March. Could mean thats when they're going to work on the guidelines, or could mean that they've been working on it and will be releasing the guidelines. NOthing official, everything is just pure speculation at this point.

Brentwood TN here. Ordered about two days after the price drop. Blue/White. Est delivery Mar 2-Mar 16. REALLY wanna meet the tax cutoff. If I don’t, I’ve got price protection on a Mach-E that will end up being a better deal. No need to attack the Mach-E here, I want the Model Y. It’s just a $ thing. Sounds like the white interior creates a Fremont to Tennessee problem bc they don’t make white in Austin? Would I be better ordering black interior or shipping to my parents house in TX? Or I’m 3 miles from Fremont on business once a month. I could road trip home. Thoughts?

How about blue with black seats???
From what I see online, popularity from greatest to least is White > MSM>Blue> RED>Black. I haven't seen any blues delayed like black and red, seems to be pretty common.
Check here:

I ordered the same black/black on 1/18 late afternoon as well and my EDD is 2/8 to 3/8 but my trade-in expires on 2/23 I am in the SF Bay Area.
Same, I ordered black/black on 1/13 however.
You'll get some good news in the coming week, I gather.
Sorry for your way.
HOWEVER, people on West Coast are usually given later deliveries because they know they can deliver at end of month w/o issue.
People on East Coast get earlier ones because there may always be delays w/ rail, trucks, etc.

Reactions: Cyclone
Hi, I ordered model y (white, no customizatio) on 19th. My EDD shows mar 5-31. could it be due to black color? perhaps, they have more white than black. Not sure, if they will push my EDD back further than march 31.

If it's white exterior, I gather that they make the most of those.
I would imagine they've been getting absolutely swamped w/ normal white/black orders.

Reactions: starise
I placed an order for an MY Midnight Silver / Black on Jan 13 in SF Bay Area. The car was ready for pickup on Jan. 21, but I asked for hold because we weren’t ready with the finances and Tesla put the order on hold until Feb. 1.

Now I wonder if that action completely pushed the timing and I will be treated as if I placed the order on Feb. 1st. Any past experiences?

Your order will be treated as if it was ordered Jan 13.
You will just be bumped along to the front.

How can anyone be confident these days - the original bill was confusing enough, and now Joe Manchin muddying the waters even more.
Stabenow blocked Manchin's bill.