Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree there probably isn't a correlation between charger shipping and VIN at present. However, there has been in the past. Last year (probably Aug-Oct) Tesla wouldn't ship the MC until VIN was already assigned and delivery was close. A few people ran into situations where they didn't get it in time and were planning for it to be their primary charging method. They were stuck using public chargers for a short time.

Same here, mobile charger shipped on 1/27 and car delivery to Mt Kisko

Please let us know when you get your VIN
Checked my app and noticed my EDD changed from 1/29-2/26 my new EDD is 2/6-2/23. I got no notification through text or e-mail so just keep checking that app!
Hoping I get a Vin assigned soon so I can actually get delivery in that window of time but I’m hopeful that my car has been born and is on the way!

Reactions: PK29
Any Fremont delivery that was rejected recently? I am picking up my MyLrR red with black on Feb 4th and caravana is picking up my car on Feb 2nd. Kinda of nervous of having no car if the build quality is not good
Here are two recent threads. Both in California so good chance they were from Fremont but neither OP said which factory.

Checked my app and noticed my EDD changed from 1/29-2/26 my new EDD is 2/6-2/23. I got no notification through text or e-mail so just keep checking that app!
Hoping I get a Vin assigned soon so I can actually get delivery in that window of time but I’m hopeful that my car has been born and is on the way!
Typically you won't have a VIN till the EDD drops to 2 weeks and actually usually not till it is less than 2 weeks. Usually the VIN is assigned the same day the car finishes production. However, some eastern deliveries may not have the VIN assigned till the car reaches the east...so in that case the car could already been made and is in transport. I'm not sure what determines which eastern deliveries get VIN later....it is certainly not all of them, not even the majority from what I've read on here.

Reactions: mswhite2010
Here are two recent threads. Both in California so good chance they were from Fremont but neither OP said which factory.

Thanks! Have bought 5 new cars in my lifetime and never have worried about panel gaps or stuff like that! Just amazing that a 60k car can have issues like thisb

Just for fun: Drove by my local delivery and service center this morning to peek at new Y's in the parking lot. And can report a mix of both Fremont and Austin builds, almost a 50/50 split. This is in Southern California (Camarillo, CA).
This guy on YT goes almost every day (night) to inspect the build quality on new M3 and MY at his local DC.
Gives some good info of how things are over time. For better or worse.

Typically you won't have a VIN till the EDD drops to 2 weeks and actually usually not till it is less than 2 weeks. Usually the VIN is assigned the same day the car finishes production. However, some eastern deliveries may not have the VIN assigned till the car reaches the east...so in that case the car could already been made and is in transport. I'm not sure what determines which eastern deliveries get VIN later....it is certainly not all of them, not even the majority from what I've read on here.
East coast here (NC). I ordered on 1/13 and got assigned a VIN on 1/20. I asked and they said my car has a built date of 1/20, so it's the same day built as assigned VIN, at least for me.

Any Fremont delivery that was rejected recently? I am picking up my MyLrR red with black on Feb 4th and caravana is picking up my car on Feb 2nd. Kinda of nervous of having no car if the build quality is not good
Don't go in looking for abnormalities. Check the car if you have any obvious things missing. 90% of the cars are good. 9% are easily fixable. 1% may be reject worthy. The reports you see come from that last 10% because the others are out there enjoying the car.

Don't go in looking for abnormalities. Check the car if you have any obvious things missing. 90% of the cars are good. 9% are easily fixable. 1% may be reject worthy. The reports you see come from that last 10% because the others are out there enjoying the car.
I mentioned this to my wife last night - we never went through and checked panel gaps when we picked up our new CRV this year. lol

Reactions: WyoDude
I am just curious if any of you guys and dolls decided not to take a delivery because of parking/proximity sensors lacking on the Model Y? I have put an order just in case (figured that the most I would lose is $250) and did some research. I use parking sensors on my old car daily and got used to them. Model Y seemingly does not have any replacement for those as of now and probably with the absence of front facing camera in the future as well? Or am I missing something?

I am just curious if any of you guys and dolls decided not to take a delivery because of parking/proximity sensors lacking on the Model Y? I have put an order just in case (figured that the most I would lose is $250) and did some research. I use parking sensors on my old car daily and got used to them. Model Y seemingly does not have any replacement for those as of now and probably with the absence of front facing camera in the future as well? Or am I missing something?
no one knows.