Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What time was your order? I ordered my White/Black MYLR on 1/14 and was assigned my VIN this afternoon. my EDD was 1/27-2/24 before the VIN so perhaps you'll get your assigned tomorrow.
I ordered at around 5pm MST. Still no VIN. I'm hoping to see it before the end of this week. My trade-in offer expires on 2/19. I'm a bit worried delivery will be after that date and I'll have to accept a new trade-in offer.

Thought I would update as well. I ordered blue and black interior on 1/18. Edd was March 18-31. Today edd was moved up to feb 18-March 18. The mobile kit also shipped yesterday. So my previous comment about people ordering around week of 18 January and getting updated edd this week seems to be on point. Hopefully nothing gets delayed.

Reactions: Sohaib89
Yes. Also there is some probability that they would release the new guidelines in March but they will be applicable from some date in the future. There are also rumors that Tesla might drop its price to avoid mass order cancellations because of reduced federal tax credits as a result of the new guidelines. I would just sit tight and decide what to do when they announce it.
Looks like I have zero chance at a March delivery.

I'm assuming I still get a $3750 tax credit though right?
As of today, Tesla website shows that if you order now the estimated delivery is still in March. My guess if that they will continue to advertise that until they know for sure the order has exceeded the maximum production capacity from both Fremont and Austin.

That being said, you will most likely get your delivery some point in March (probably towards the end). Mine as well. I hope we get the full $7,500 or $3,750 at least. Even with $3,750, this might still seem to be a good deal comparing to the days before 1/13/2023.

I hope Tesla can adjust the price to negate any credit reduction from the full $7,500 to avoid the mass cancellation.

Thought I would update as well. I ordered blue and black interior on 1/18. Edd was March 18-31. Today edd was moved up to feb 18-March 18. The mobile kit also shipped yesterday. So my previous comment about people ordering around week of 18 January and getting updated edd this week seems to be on point. Hopefully nothing gets delayed.
That is some nice pull up of the EDD.

Deep Blue Metallic MYLR/19" Gemini Wheels/ Black Premium Interior/Five Seat/Autopilot
OD: 1/18/2023 (4 pm CST)
Estimated Delivery: Jan - Mar 2023

1/25/2023 I changed my order to an available-in-stock MYP and received the VIN# via text and email.
EDD is now 02/06 - 02/12 😁
Model Y Performance Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Solid Black Paint
Performance Upgrade
21’’ Überturbine Wheels
All Black Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot

*1/29/2023: Delivery Appointment: Feb 11, 2023 :)

Deep Blue Metallic MYLR/19" Gemini Wheels/ Black Premium Interior/Five Seat/Autopilot

1/25/2023 I changed my order to an available-in-stock MYP and received the VIN# via text and email.
Solid Black Paint
Performance Upgrade
21’’ Überturbine Wheels
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot

I presume you weren’t eligible for the Fed tax credit?

MYLR (MSilver, Black Int, 19inch wheels, TowHitch, 5 Seater, Basic Auto)
OD: Jan 23
EDD: Jan - Mach
EDD: March 18-March 31st

Does anyone know you can update your financing when you get closer to delivery? Example I have the Wells Fargo 5.34% terms from Tesla finance right now but my car wont be delivered until late March. Is it possible to update my terms in say late Feb, early March, if I see rates dropping?
you can update your financing up to the last minute. Youll get a dirty look LOL But yes they redo the paperwork but it takes around two hours. I have done it twice...

Solid Black Paint
Performance Upgrade
21’’ Überturbine Wheels
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot

I presume you weren’t eligible for the Fed tax credit?
If your income is eligible for the EV credits and you still bought Tesla and Polestar, how much you save for retirement? ;)

If your income is eligible for the EV credits and you still bought Tesla and Polestar, how much you save for retirement? ;)
Max out std 401k (no after tax after $22k option at my employer), IRA, HSA, buy T-Bills monthly in taxable, and still have funds left over per month after expenses, including this being our third Tesla simultaneously. We are eligible for the fed credit since the above reduces AGI used for eligibility.

Reactions: scionbox
Finance question:

I had chosen payment method as cash, as someone had advised that for quicker VIN assignment.

I am applying to a CU but that's taking forever...

How long does Tesla finance approval take?
Would it affect my VIN assignment chances of i switch to Tesla finance now?

OD 1/15
EDD 1/30 - 2/13

Finance question:

I had chosen payment method as cash, as someone had advised that for quicker VIN assignment.

I am applying to a CU but that's taking forever...

How long does Tesla finance approval take?
Would it affect my VIN assignment chances of i switch to Tesla finance now?

OD 1/15
EDD 1/30 - 2/13

Typically minutes, but Tesla says 24-48 hours. It won’t play a role in your VIN assignment.

Update on my MYLR order in New York

OD: 1/17
Blue/Black/Gemini
EDD: 3/5 - 3/31

New EDD: 2/22-3/29

Charger arrived last week, and I’m trying to figure out how to install this thing.

I have 150amps in my house and I keep reading conflicting info that it’s either ok or I need more than 200. Does anybody here know?

BTW, the sheer quantity of accessories for such a new car is wild.

I’ve already bought 21” Uberturbines and larger Falken A/S tires (for more comfort as this is the new family car: 265/40/21 F and 295/35/21 R. We’re trading in our 2020 RX350 so we already know this won’t be as plush but it’s ok.

I want to replace the wood dash and door panel accents (never liked them) with a matte CF set and there are so many I don’t even know where to start.
Same order/color, same day, east coast, same original EDD (3/5 to 3/31). The edd has not moved an inch for me. Good that your delivery window has narrowed. No vin yet I assume?

Unfortunately not true for me. Ordered a day earlier 1/17, Blue/black, no customizations, NJ - EDD 3/5-3/31 (unchanged).