Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know some in the bay area have received their cars, but it seems Tesla prioritizes deliveries to locations furthest from the factory. I'm just across the bay from Fremont and my ~10 day EDD window has been slipping a day at a time since Jan 18.

Meanwhile, I've postponed my vacation three times now as Tesla continues to tease me...

OD: 1/13, OEDD: Jan 18-Jan 30. Then...

Jan 20 EDD Jan 20-Jan 29
Jan 21: EDD Jan 21-Jan 30
Jan 22: EDD Jan 22-Jan 31
Jan 23: EDD Jan 23-Feb 1
Jan 24: EDD Jan 24-Feb 2
Jan 25: EDD Jan 25-Feb 3
Jan 26: EDD Jan 26-Feb 4
Jan 27: EDD Jan 27- Feb 5
Jan 28: EDD Jan 28-Feb 6
Jan 29: EDD Jan 29-Feb 7
Jan 30: EDD Jan 30-Feb 8
Jan 31: EDD Jan 31-Feb 9
Feb 01: EDD Feb 01-Feb 10
Feb 02: EDD Feb 02-Feb 11
Feb 03: EDD Feb 03-Feb 12

Reactions: Sneakerhead
I tried to edit my order and there doesnt seem to be a way to click the RN number or an edit my order option. I might have to just text my SA to edit my order.

Update 2/3

Took Delivery today at Burbank, CA for PA060xx Austin Built and the car was flawless!
Congrats! Was that the MYLR MSM/Black with 20 inch inductions? I saw that in existing inventory this morning and was very tempted haha

Do the MYP come with summer tires or can you opt for all-seasons?
Doesn't say on Tesla's site.
It is a lottery as to which tires will be on the MYP when it is delivered. They either come with a full summer Pirelli P Zero or a high-performance all-season Michelin Pilot Sport AS4.

It seems to be totally random which tires you get. People in hot climates sometimes get the AS, people in northern wintery climates sometimes get the summers.

Reactions: brisk and bdhaduk
Wonder how the switch of LR to Performance will affect EDD for everyone. Will Tesla go by the OD, combination of OD and time of upgrade or just the time you upgrade?
Last year when many LR switched to P to get a car 3 months earlier it all had to do with OD. So this pissed off MYP order holders as LR order holders switching to MYP who had ordered many months earlier jumped in line ahead of them. At that time LR took 7 months and MYP took 3 months.

Reactions: GenYer and bdhaduk
Just got an EDD

OD: 1/16(9pm)
EDD: 2/4-3/4
Phoenix, AZ
Forgot to add, White, Black Interior, MYLR, no addons.
Well… change of plans. After the IRS announcement this morning, I kept browsing the local inventory and I stumbled across a dark gray model y performance.

MYP Dark Gray 21” wheels
OD 2/3/23
EDD 2/3-2/10
Fremont VIN

How long after completing the order details (I.e. registration) did it take for the EDD to go from the February-March to the more specific date? I’ve been waiting for 3 days now and it hasn’t changed.

OD: 1/28
EDD: February-March

Maryland

Reactions: bdhaduk