Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had reserved a Model 3 LR from inventory a couple of weeks ago and I did receive the VIN right away and soon after got to schedule delivery for a week out. I ended up deciding to stick with my Model Y order instead. The Model 3 order got put on hold. I am not too sure what happens after the hold ends for an inventory reservation if you don't go through with it.
Most of them aren’t the white interior which I’m wanting but there are quite a few on existing inventory for some reason!

Ok this sucks - I ordered a MYLR when the base price was $52,990. Today I called around 11am to upgrade to Performance because of the tax credit, but the SA said nothing about price increases. When I get the new order confirmation at 3:30pm it has today’s new price ($1500 higher) but the SA said nothing about that and I wasn’t aware that the price had even increased. Between you and I, I will keep it either way, but do you think I have any ground to call them back and mention it?

Ok this sucks - I ordered a MYLR when the base price was $52,990. Today I called around 11am to upgrade to Performance because of the tax credit, but the SA said nothing about price increases. When I get the new order confirmation at 3:30pm it has today’s new price ($1500 higher) but the SA said nothing about that and I wasn’t aware that the price had even increased. Between you and I, I will keep it either way, but do you think I have any ground to call them back and mention it?
That is a little shady but the Performance only went up $1000. LR went up $1500.
I'd call them back just to see but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

EDIT: I just recalled that last year if one switched to MYP from MYLR you only paid the price of the MYP at the time of your original LR order. Prices had gone up $7K and people were switching and still paying old prices.
Unless Tesla has made a big change to their price policy I think you shouldn't be paying the higher price.

Did your order (RN) # change? If they made it a new order it may be subject to new pricing but usually it should just be a change to the existing RN and prices should be honoured.

Last edited:
I would try to ask them to honor pre-price increase given you changed it before the site updated and SA never mentioned. Either they revert to old build at old price, say no or give you old P price. Doesn’t hurt to ask.

Guess we got really lucky, I was watching the inventory disappear pretty quickly. When I finally pulled the trigger today at 3:30 Arizona time, I just hit the buy now, and spend $250 on another deposit.

Model Y Long Range (Midnight Silver Metallic Paint, White Interior)
OD: Jan 17th @ 8PM
EDD: Feb 7 - Mar 7

No updates on EDD.

I am traveling soon. Is it possible that my friend can take the delivery instead of me? or do they specifically need me for home delivery? The website says that I am required to be there.
Nice. I ordered same config with black interior and my Edd is Feb 14 - Mar 14

Can anyone confirm if these are matrix headlights?
The car in the front is mine and its from Austin

Attachments

• IMG_1857.jpg
    IMG_1857.jpg
    735 KB · Views: 147