Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD: 1/15
Build: MYLR white/black, 19, tow, 5
Received VIN on 2/1 (Fremont build)
Original Delivery Date: 2/6
Reached out by SA that car is ready on 2/4, so I picked mine up earlier today at noon from Fremont delivery center.

I was so nervous as I have been hearing so much about possible quality issues, but it was in great condition. I had the full delivery checklist and spent about 45 minutes checking out everything, and everything passed. Took delivery afterwards, and I am a happy camper.

I wouldn’t have waited twenty days to follow up with your assigned task. The SA text was instant and provided pre delivery instructions, it even had a link to download the app… You gotta do your due diligence to complete your pre delivery tasks.

Last edited:
What are the critical issues that would render a vehicle unacceptable such as bad paint, evidence of accident/damage, damaged glass, and excessive panel gaps?

I'm generally a very selective person, but I don't want to walk though a long checklist of items that takes almost an hour to complete. After all, wouldn't the other things be fixed under the Tesla warranty? Unless you're saying Tesla has the reputation of pushing back on warranty claims.

Ordered MYLR 1/13/23 pearl white/ induction wheels
Switched to MYP 2/2/23 midnight silver metallic
Vin assigned 2/3/23
Scheduled for delivery/picked up 2/10/23

Attachments

• 2CF0732E-2ACB-44C1-A5C2-F653B390CDB5.jpeg
    2CF0732E-2ACB-44C1-A5C2-F653B390CDB5.jpeg
    193.7 KB · Views: 144
Reached out by SA that car is ready on 2/4, so I picked mine up earlier today at noon from Fremont delivery center.

I was so nervous as I have been hearing so much about possible quality issues, but it was in great condition. I had the full delivery checklist and spent about 45 minutes checking out everything, and everything passed. Took delivery afterwards, and I am a happy camper.
Can you please share the checklist you followed?

I ordered my MyLR on 01/13 And got a delivery date as 02/04. When I went in to take the delivery, not happy with issues with the quality, I told them I am rejecting the car and will wait for the next car. We left the show room, the Service man didn't say I need to do anything, he assured all the information will be transferred to the new vehicle. After coming home I got an email about the hold on the vehicle, got confused it should say rejected delivery and should wait for new VIN assignment?

The message read as follows..

This order cannot be placed on hold again. If you are unable to take delivery of the next available vehicle, your order will be canceled.

If you are ready to take delivery, go to your Tesla Account and tap 'Remove Hold'. You will receive an update when your vehicle is available.

What should I do here ? What are my next steps ? Any input appreciated..

Wait 2-4-6 hrs, then release the hold.
You SHOULD receive a DIFFERENT VIN.
They will sometimes try to send you the same VIN as before so make sure you know what that was or pay attention to the documentation.
Otherwise, you will be in line for the next one being made at factory.

Reactions: YisPatHere

Which checklist did you use in particular/

What are the critical issues that would render a vehicle unacceptable?
I think everyone has to decide for themselves on this. For some the answer is nothing short of perfection, and those people will likely never be happy, or find a car that they enjoy. Some people just smash the accept button and drive away even if parts are crooked, missing, or malfunctioning. For me, obvious assembly issues will need to be noted and acknowledged by someone from Tesla. If something looks terrible and they say something like "that's within our specifications" then I'm going to refuse delivery. If there's a scuff and they say, "we'll order that piece of trim and make an appointment to replace it", then I'm going to be fine with it.
I'm generally a very selective person, but I don't want to walk through a long checklist of items that takes almost an hour to complete. After all, wouldn't the other things be fixed under the Tesla warranty?
To me, spending an hour going over every little detail of my new car is going to bring me joy, and having any potential issues documented before the vehicle leaves the lot will bring me peace of mind. You have 100 miles to note any cosmetic issues with your new car, if you notice something isn't quite right at 101 miles, I don't know what happens. Considering the time and effort it takes me to earn $60,000, the time it takes to use a checklist to make sure the item I purchased with that money is as expected seems like no time at all. Some people feel it's excessive or unnecessary though, and they're probably right.

You have 100 miles to note any cosmetic issues with your new car, if you notice something isn't quite right at 101 miles, I don't know what happens
I think you have more than 100 miles. I have to drive 239 miles just to get home from my DC.
I noticed a “high frequency drill noise” in my 22 MY once I got home. I scheduled a service appointment as soon as I heard it. It was the penthouse permitted seal. It was fixed under warranty.
I had PPF installed and he noticed the drivers side headlight was misaligned. And they fixed that at the same appointment under warranty.
I think once you realize there is an issue just schedule a service appointment. You may not get in right away but atleast you have the appointment scheduled.

Reactions: 455dan and NJ08809

👍

I think you have more than 100 miles. I have to drive 239 miles just to get home from my DC.
I noticed a “high frequency drill noise” in my 22 MY once I got home. I scheduled a service appointment as soon as I heard it. It was the penthouse permitted seal. It was fixed under warranty.
I had PPF installed and he noticed the drivers side headlight was misaligned. And they fixed that at the same appointment under warranty.
I think once you realize there is an issue just schedule a service appointment. You may not get in right away but atleast you have the appointment scheduled.
For mechanical issues, you have the entire warranty period of the car. I'm talking about cosmetic issues like a stained headliner, a scratched door panel, a paint defect, those need to be noted within 100 miles per Tesla's policy, otherwise it isn't clear if the issue is from your use of the car, or if it was there when you picked it up. After the 100 mile/72 hour grace period is up, it will likely then depend on the people you're working with on the issue, I'm sure some are more accommodating than others.

Reactions: msinfo
For mechanical issues, you have the entire warranty period of the car. I'm talking about cosmetic issues like a stained headliner, a scratched door panel, a paint defect, those need to be noted within 100 miles per Tesla's policy, otherwise it isn't clear if the issue is from your use of the car, or if it was there when you picked it up. After the 100 mile/72 hour grace period is up, it will likely then depend on the people you're working with on the issue, I'm sure some are more accommodating than others.
But for some of us we are on our way home within that 100 miles 😂
You can take all the time in the world to check over your car and you may miss something because you are super excited to just be picking up a car you have waited for.
I had a mechanical issue and a cosmetic issue and both were fixed well over 100 miles on the car.
I have never had a problem with my local service center( 1 1/2 hours away). They have always been very accommodating.

How many times may I reject a delivery without canceling the order and without losing my place in the queue in case I find something wrong with the car during inspection?
Once...if you reject a second car you lose $250, order is cancelled and if you want to reorder you are back of the line. Therefore be careful how picky you are with that first rejection. If the issues can be fixed fairly easily by service I wouldn't reject and bet on a better one the next time.

OD 1/15/2023 around noon
Greater Atlanta Area
MYLR, White/Black/19"
EDD Feb 11 to march 19
New EDD 1/10 to 2/14
VIN Assigned on 2/5/2023; appeared below the RM in the AP. No text No email
7SAYGDEE8PA06XXXX

QUESTION:
1) When I put it in VIN decoder the 8th digit indicates Dual motor standard drive
Should I be concerned?
2) Several people have sent text to SA how do I get a number to text?

Thanks in advance for replying.
ST

8Motor/Drive UnitE = Dual Motor - Standard Model Y