Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in the same boat . I ordered 1/25/2023 planning on selling my 2020 4 runner around the time I get my vin#. I got my first EDD a week after ordering . Gave me two week window 3/20-3:31 was edd. Now it changed yesterday to 3/15-3/31. Hopefully delivery will be closer to the 15th lol

Thanks. I think MYLR have a longer lead time..I initially ordered a MYLR on 02/01 but had a March-May EDD so cancelled it fearing no chance of it being delivered ahead of the IRS announcement. With MYP's estimated delivery showing Feb-March I'm hoping it comes through..
I am in the same boat hahahhahaha. Switched from MYLR to MYP for faster delivery because tax credit. Same order time 2/2. I am somewhat concerned if there is big ride difference between the 2. I also have a car for sale like the 4runner crew but it's a Corolla. So they Y is a massive upgrade. Need to check your states regulations. In NY a trade in is deducted off sale price so it lowers the taxes. Tesla trade offer to me plus tax savings is $400-600 less that I could sell for privately.

Living in Dallas Texas, I have an order for MYLR W/Black(interior) with price $53490 and the EDD is March 22 to 31, so found an inventory of MYP with W/Black(interior) at El Paso last night, so ordered it right away. Got the VIN# of MYP and EDD is Feb 6 to 15. So, my question is,
1. Should I go to El Paso to pick up that MYP or Tesla will deilver it to Dallas area for me to pick up?
2. It seems like I can't transfer the old order MYLP to someone else, correct? So the only way is to cancel the order and lost $250 or any suggestion?

Thank you any idea and/or suggestion.

Hi I want to change my order from MYLR to MYP. Can you let me know how to change the order? I cannot find any link for it. i will much appreciate it.
Open Tesla app. Click “manage” in top left.
It’ll open browser. Log in if it prompts you too. Click “edit design”
If option is not there, text your SA. You should have received a text upon ordering from a 510 number

Repainting a car is not always done right. It comes to two factors, Owner of the car and the body shop. When I mean by owner of the car, its how they upkeep your details on your car. Over time, the clear coat and paint will fade, ever after the first year without proper details. (Subject to SUN, UV RAYS, Acidity of the rain, salt from roads, and etc.) You get into a fender bender after 2-3 years, you rarely detail/Maintain your car, and you get your front end repainted. That new paint will not match with the rest of the car due to not maintaining your car. (ive been in the auto industry in the past and see the mismatch paints all the time)

People who get PPF, are either looking to change colors or keep that stock look without damaging the paint. But even with PPF, you still need to maintain it.

Today's paints are very soft. They are soft because of the brilliant of colors not because the manufacture is cheap. Most Cars these days are made with MICA, Pearl, Metallic and other lusters to make their unique color/shine. Because of this type of paint, PPF has been a top priority to people who care about detailing and looks.

Regards to price, $600 is extremely cheap. i saw someone on this thread calculated that it would be 5 hours to get it done, i am sorry, but that person would not be in business if they are charging that cheap unless they are cutting corners. If you are looking to properly PPF you car, a full Color Correction is highly recommend, especially on a Tesla due to their quality control of their clear coats. I am sorry, but 5 hours or 1 day to PPF your car, I wouldn't take my car their.
After much consternation and reading and more consternating, I decided to do a full frontal wrap package with AutoCorrect detailing in Augusta, NJ. I had never heard of them (or PPF before buying a Tesla!), but they have outstanding reviews and as luck would have it, pretty close by, which is huge. I requested a quote from the website, and I can attest to the accuracy of the reviews as far as the owner being extremely responsive via text and answering questions over the phone, etc, which made me feel good about it. I'm hopeful the work will be of high quality, in keeping with what has so far been a high level of service. I dropped the car last night and should be ready Wednesday. I can report back if folks are interested.

It's a lot of money, right around 2k after tax. I won't go into the 12 year warranty, the material, blah blah blah - just go to the website. As far as the cost, I've never spent money on something like this, but as someone else pointed out, I've never spent this much on a car before either, and add to that the paint concerns of Tesla, and I decided to do it, and better to do it now, before I get any chips, etc. (And yeah, feels so wrong giving my new car to strangers I've literally never met for a few days after just taking delivery!)

Still, just knowing I have that extra protection will help me not be so stressed every time I drive the car. Heck, there is a lot of value in that peace of mind alone, at least for me anyway. It would be super annoying to worry about it every time I drove the car on the highway, to the point I'd be thinking about avoiding driving it altogether, which defeats the purpose. I also look forward to it being easier to clean, supposed self-healing properties, etc, so I don't think I'll regret it. I'm looking at my 2015 BMW X1 with a nice giant rock chip all the way down to the bare metal on the hood and the bumper is just beat to hell after only 40k miles. But I got that car used after 30k miles and wasn't that concerned, and never did anything to "keep it up". I'll definitely be looking to stay on top of this car from the start to keep it in great shape.

Overall, I don't think there is a right or wrong decision on this - to each their own. I am inclined, though, to dismiss some "arguments" that it is simply an outright "waste of money". There is just so much to consider. I'm by no means OCD about how my car looks, and not interested in detailing it every month or whatever, but all things considered, seems like a reasonable way to protect a new car that I hope to have for many years to come. Time will tell.

Cheers,
PS. Got my Tesla Wall Connector installed myself this weekend, without getting electrocuted, woohoo! :)

I am in the same boat hahahhahaha. Switched from MYLR to MYP for faster delivery because tax credit. Same order time 2/2. I am somewhat concerned if there is big ride difference between the 2. I also have a car for sale like the 4runner crew but it's a Corolla. So they Y is a massive upgrade. Need to check your states regulations. In NY a trade in is deducted off sale price so it lowers the taxes. Tesla trade offer to me plus tax savings is $400-600 less that I could sell for privately.

Thanks. I did not know that. My vehicle is heavily modified so not sure Tesla will accept that trade or value the add-ons appropriately.

Living in Dallas Texas, I have an order for MYLR W/Black(interior) with price $53490 and the EDD is March 22 to 31, so found an inventory of MYP with W/Black(interior) at El Paso last night, so ordered it right away. Got the VIN# of MYP and EDD is Feb 6 to 15. So, my question is,
1. Should I go to El Paso to pick up that MYP or Tesla will deilver it to Dallas area for me to pick up?
2. It seems like I can't transfer the old order MYLP to someone else, correct? So the only way is to cancel the order and lost $250 or any suggestion?

Contact your SA or text 510 number, They will be able to help you. If north park is near then you can visit and talk to them.

OD: 1/15
EDD: 2/6 - 3/6
VIN: Pending
Tower Credit Union has the lowest rate I’ve seen so far; 2.24%. Open to everyone. You just need a $35 contribution to TowerCares Foundation

Thank you Orisun for the info, it looks Tower FCU 2.24% is for 32 Months. Applying for 60 months, still 2.99% is far cheaper than what Wells Fargo offered :) .

MYLR MSM/White/19
OD: 1/12
EDD on 1/18: 1/29 - 2/12
VIN: Assigned 1/26, Freemont P666xxx Beast Build :p
EDD on 1/26 after VIN assigned: 2/12-2/18
EDD on 2/1: 2/8-2/17
Delivery Scheduled on 2/6: 2/11

While I picked 2/11, 2/12 and 2/13 were also choices. Everything earlier was grayed out.

Reactions: Byce007
After ordering MYLR5, continued with financing and got approved from Wells Fargo.

Once VIN is assigned with delivery date, can I change finance from Wells Fargo to another lender.

Texted 510 asking if I can switch finance to another lender and I got below response.

Yes, We just ask that your account is completed & finalized within 48 hours of your scheduled delivery day.

Hi, What was your Order Date?
I placed my order (MYLR White/Black (interior; all base model, no upgrades) on 1/23 and do not see much of movement.

Original EDD was Jan to March 31st and last week it was updated to Feb 27 - Mar 31.

I see that there were a bunch of updated estimates yesterday Feb 5th but I have not seen any movement on mine. My order is for Dallas area

Hi, What was your Order Date?
I placed my order (MYLR White/Black (interior; all base model, no upgrades) on 1/23 and do not see much of movement.

Original EDD was Jan to March 31st and last week it was updated to Feb 27 - Mar 31.

I see that there were a bunch of updated estimates yesterday Feb 5th but I have not seen any movement on mine. My order is for Dallas area
My order for MYLR W/Black interior, base model without other upgrades was placed on 1/29, so the EDD is showing 3/22 to 3/31.

Reactions: TheSodaSaga