Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in the same boat hahahhahaha. Switched from MYLR to MYP for faster delivery because tax credit. Same order time 2/2. I am somewhat concerned if there is big ride difference between the 2. I also have a car for sale like the 4runner crew but it's a Corolla. So they Y is a massive upgrade. Need to check your states regulations. In NY a trade in is deducted off sale price so it lowers the taxes. Tesla trade offer to me plus tax savings is $400-600 less that I could sell for privately.
tesla offered me an offer that was way lower than carmax and the local toyota dealership that is down the street from my house. I have decided to sell it back to toyota because they offered me 40k for my car and i only bought it for 30k and i only owe 18k on it. The 4runner is a hot commodity in my area and the dealership has only 1 other 4runner on the lot so thats probably they are willing to pay that much. I just need to get the vin # so i can time everything right. this waiting game sucks !!!!!

I am the one that posted the insurance premium on our MY at $56.

You are correct, that is with a 100 safety score. HOWEVER, the above is not how it works. Acceleration and speed do not count against you. You can floor it at every stop light and drive 90mph in a 65mph (or 30mph) zone and you will still have a 100 safety score. That is how it works, we have had it for over a year now. What DOES count against you is tail gating, harsh braking, forward collision warnings, etc (you can read more on the Tesla Insurance site).

It was pretty easy for us to get 97+ in the beginning and now that I know how it works I keep 99-100 all the time. Also, you can have a really bad day and get a 65 safety score for that day, and still have a 99-100 for the month (what your premium is based on). I drive about 1500 miles a month and a 99-100 is pretty easy if you know what "not" to do. Just sharing my experience for others.

Too bad everyone drives crazy around me.
I have to basically tailgate to ensure no one cuts me off :(

MYLR: Red/Black/Gemini 19ā€
OD: 1/15
EDD: 2/15-3/22
EDD updated to: 2/14-3/14 on Jan 30
Vin on 3/5
Pickup Schedule: 3/13
Fremont Build: Jan 27 per SA
Delivery to Maryland
Congrats! I guess it may be that someone originally assigned for the car has switched to another option with the recent tax credit change.
Based on the past records, it's typically 2 weeks between VIN assignment and delivery for people in this region.

You are correct, that is with a 100 safety score. HOWEVER, the above is not how it works. Acceleration and speed do not count against you. You can floor it at every stop light and drive 90mph in a 65mph (or 30mph) zone and you will still have a 100 safety score. That is how it works, we have had it for over a year now. What DOES count against you is tail gating, harsh braking, forward collision warnings, etc (you can read more on the Tesla Insurance site).

It was pretty easy for us to get 97+ in the beginning and now that I know how it works I keep 99-100 all the time. Also, you can have a really bad day and get a 65 safety score for that day, and still have a 99-100 for the month (what your premium is based on). I drive about 1500 miles a month and a 99-100 is pretty easy if you know what "not" to do. Just sharing my experience for others.
I wonder if there's a way to use the safety score app without having to send them the date. I'm just curious about how I would score.

I believe the cost of ceramic coating is included on top of the PPF install (though I don't think the whole car. That has to be something I can do myself, no?

Same... I just washed the X1 yesterday because it was pretty bad from the salt on the roads.... it does a really good job at showing how bad the hood and bumper really are LOL
I did... and funny enough, my EDD still dropped from 4/2-5/14 to 3/3-3/31
Win-win, both the Performance and LR groups are happy

Reactions: jose3030

You will soon lose the function of your sensor for forward collision because Elon will say that you are not using it that much, so remove it :)

MYLR Blue/Black/19/No Tow
OD: 01/15
EDD: 02/19 - 03/26 :(
No VIN yet

JUST GOT A VIN! šŸ„³ Got an email and a text few minutes after.
EDD changed to: Feb 12 - Feb 20

Quick question for y'all... Added insurance and now it's asking me to pay and saying that personal checks aren't accepted?
Can I schedule the delivery day without paying now?

Attachments

• IMG_0109.PNG
    IMG_0109.PNG
    415.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0110.PNG
    IMG_0110.PNG
    314.7 KB · Views: 77

Quick question for y'all... Added insurance and now it's asking me to pay and saying that personal checks aren't accepted?
Congrats! Yes, you can pay at delivery with a bank certified check. That's I was told by the SA. I don't want to transfer the money in advance.

When we bought our M3LR, we took in a bank check. just had to have my name and RN number in the memo. Other people draft from their bank account in the app. I assume you can do that on the same day too after seeing the car.

Reactions: lmac

Good to know! I thought for sure any insurance company would consider speed and acceleration markers of dangerous driving. Thanks for sharing the info, apologies for my ignorance.

Reactions: geekfam