Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My pessimistic side is thinking that Tesla is trying to keep really optimistic EDD to maximize orders for Investor Day on March 1st.
I think Tesla is heading back to their over promise, under deliver mentality of the past.

Talk to the people who ordered in Sept 2021, were told they'd be getting cars in Feb-April and ended up getting their car a whole year later Sept 2022 :rolleyes:

Thanks all for the info and updates - really helpful as I awaited my delivery, which finally happened today:

MYLR MSM/Black/19"/5 seat
OD: 1/15
Original EDD: Feb-March
VIN 1/20 (Austin build)
Delivery date: 2/5, but delayed in transit
Updated delivery date: 2/7
Boston area
Delivered with cargo cover and mud flaps

Peabody delivery center was fantastic - no problems with inspecting the car prior to accepting delivery. No issues found during the inspection, made the payment by bank check, paperwork done, drove away. Total time ~1 hour.
You received a VIN so quickly(5 day TAT)!! Wow!!!

Reactions: estebanofarrel
MYLR, White/Black, 19", Tow Package
OD: 1/30 evening
Profile Completed: 1/31.

EDD (1/30): Feb - Mar
EDD (2/1): 3/23 - 3/31, "select from local inventory" button gone.
2/7/23: Received a text message from a 510 area code advertising the $80k rebate limit and encouraging to order additional options, with a link to the order edit change. Anyone else got this today?

Should we switch this to a google sheet to make it easier to spot trends on delivery timelines based on order date, delivery destination, packages, etc?
The sheet and form already exist:

I did not get the email and now Im reading into it :(
I’ve gotten two of these emails since ordering on 1/14. One email for batch 4 on 1/23, another for batch 5 on 1/30. Still no vin number assigned yet…. Isn’t it fun reading tea leaves?

*correction: I’ve received 3 of these “you’re invited” emails. Another one on 1/17 as well with batch 3 in the URL. I wouldn’t not read too much into them. So far, they are being sent to me about a week apart, and I’m due for another one in the next day or so.

Last edited:
To my surprise, I've being checking app like many of them on the forum to dismay (with no updates).. and suddenly got a message saying VIN assigned... I'm still in awe. From the VIN looks like MYLR is coming from Fremont, CA.. I'm eager to get matrix lights, hopefully it happens.. All the other freebies like others have posted (i.e. mudflaps, PPF, cargo cover etc) would be appreciated.
PS: check signature for my journey.

Reactions: NJ08809 and geekfam
-OD: 1/13
-OG EDD:2/4-3/4
-VIN Assigned Feb 3
-New EDD: Feb 17-25
-Factory: Fremont
-Configuration:MYLR 5 Seat White-on—White with Hitch (no other options)
-Matrix Head Lights: YES
-Cargo Cover: ??
-Mudflaps:??
-PPF: ??
-State: NJ

Anyone order after the price drop that took delivery of a Fremont-built 5 seater MYLR get a cargo cover? My SA confirmed that I was getting Matrix headlights, hoping to confirm that you get the cargo cover too.

Thanks!

Reactions: 455dan
Thanks. I think MYLR have a longer lead time..I initially ordered a MYLR on 02/01 but had a March-May EDD so cancelled it fearing no chance of it being delivered ahead of the IRS announcement. With MYP's estimated delivery showing Feb-March I'm hoping it comes through..
MYP White/White Interior; Located in AZ

OD: 02/05/23
EDD: Feb- March 2023

I'm very early in process and anxious for updates.
Welcome.. Don’t apply for loan or trade in yet