Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By the looks of things the MSM (and Black) seems to be the lowest priority. Maybe gets even worse if you chose a white interior.

My order was placed on 1/15.
MYLR5
MSM/White Interior/19” Gemini Wheels

The EDD moved once from the standard Jan-Mar, and now indicates Feb 16 - Mar 23.

Holding off on applying for Financing until a VIN is received. (Didn’t want to take a chance on the 30 day approval window closing and having to re-apply.

Thinking of using Tesla insurance as well.

Configured it at just below $55K to take advantage of the Tax Credit.
However, now that the purchase price limit has been bumped up, thinking about moving upto the 20” induction wheels.
Even thought the 20” looks so much better my concern is the ride quality.
(Drop in range is not a real concern)
However, have been hearing that the ride quality has improved due to softening of the suspension.
Test drove a MYLR with 19” wheels so, did not get a chance to do a comparison with the 20”.
Will appreciate some feedback.
Thank You.
I did this too. MSM/Black/19”/tow hitch order on 1/15 but when the tax credit moved to $80k I switched to 20” induction. I just hate the look of the Gemini wheels. Still have delivery date of 2/13-3/13

I got a text from the 510 number today telling me to complete my pre delivery tasks. I'm not sure what I'm missing? I am waiting on membership approval from Tower, and I am figuring out insurance today/tomorrow. Is there something else I need to be able to schedule my delivery date?

Got my VIN 2/6, EDD is 2/19-2/27.
Tower CU is running way behind on opening bank accounts. When I spoke to them today, they are only just working on applications they received on the Jan 24th.

Anyone else behaving like a crack addict and constantly refreshing their app?? Lol

I wonder if it will be when like in 2018 where Tesla stores stayed open until midnight on NYE delivery cars for the full $7,500 credit (for Tesla to then reduce prices by $4k a few weeks later)? I remember being with a friend taking delivery at 11:50 pm Eastern.
Yes I have been constantly opening Tesla app to see if EDD changed and looking at news feeds and this subgroup feed.

Fyi here is a Twitter link I saw from insideev on the backlog. The tweet from Troy Teslike who publishes a feed on his Tesla stats. This shows estimated wait time from 1/15 as 35 days for mylr and 22 days for myp - shown by country and model.

Other interesting info from Tesla's latest earnings.. If you take Model 3/Y trailing 5 quarters of Production less Deliveries - they ended 2022 with ~47k units of surplus. I think we all see it has either been gobbled up via lack of existing inventory or recently delivered.

1675795218807.png

Additionally, they are making a measurable improvement in the amount of quarter end pushes. Based on this - Q1 2023 March deliveries should be below 50% of all Q1 deliveries as Austin production continues to ramp exclusively for Model Y.

1675795376527.png

Last edited:
Yes I have been constantly opening Tesla app to see if EDD changed and looking at news feeds and this subgroup feed.

Fyi here is a Twitter link I saw from insideev on the backlog. The tweet from Troy Teslike who publishes a feed on his Tesla stats. This shows estimated wait time from 1/15 as 35 days for mylr and 22 days for myp - shown by country and model.

Will be interesting to see the Jan 31st data when he releases it next week. I'm sure it must have skyrocketed.

By the looks of things the MSM (and Black) seems to be the lowest priority. Maybe gets even worse if you chose a white interior.

My order was placed on 1/15.
MYLR5
MSM/White Interior/19” Gemini Wheels

The EDD moved once from the standard Jan-Mar, and now indicates Feb 16 - Mar 23.

Holding off on applying for Financing until a VIN is received. (Didn’t want to take a chance on the 30 day approval window closing and having to re-apply.

Thinking of using Tesla insurance as well.

Configured it at just below $55K to take advantage of the Tax Credit.
However, now that the purchase price limit has been bumped up, thinking about moving upto the 20” induction wheels.
Even thought the 20” looks so much better my concern is the ride quality.
(Drop in range is not a real concern)
However, have been hearing that the ride quality has improved due to softening of the suspension.
Test drove a MYLR with 19” wheels so, did not get a chance to do a comparison with the 20”.
Will appreciate some feedback.
Thank You.
I test drove the MYLR with the 20" induction wheels and was surprised by the comfort. Did not expect that from such low profile tires. The ride comfort was better than my Honda CRV. I stuck to 19" gemini because of the following reasons:
1. I live in Denver and we have snow. 19" wheels provide better road grip in snow.
2. The 20" wheels are prone to curb rashes and flat tires.
3. I would rather paint/replace rim covers of the 19" myself to improve the look rather than spending $2000

But that's just me. If you are only worried about the comfort, then go for it.

Since there’s been some interest in MSM orders lately I’ll throw in an update.

MYLR
MSM w/ 5 seat black interior
Indiana

01/20 OD
01/25 EDD = 3/4 - 3/31
02/01 Mobile Charger Shipped
02/07 Mobile Charger Delivered

Seems like I’ve seen quite a few orders with similar configurations in the March window.