Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since there’s been some interest in MSM orders lately I’ll throw in an update.

MYLR
MSM w/ 5 seat black interior
Indiana

01/20 OD
01/25 EDD = 3/4 - 3/31
02/01 Mobile Charger Shipped
02/07 Mobile Charger Delivered

Seems like I’ve seen quite a few orders with similar configurations in the March window.
Exact same order date and exact same EDD here with white exterior. What I am worried about is that if people who ordered on 15th havent gotten their cars yet, how come we will get our cars in march lol

I guess I will be joining the ranks of people whose EDDs slide out.
MYLR5 MSM/Black everything else standard
OD: 1/15
EDD update 1/18: 2/14 - 3/22
EDD update 2/5: 2/8 - 2/22
Still no vin and tomorrow is the first day of my latest updated EDD
Here I was being all cocky that I got an updated EDD and the vin was sure to follow.... 😭

Exciting, I just received my VIN, appears to be a Fremont build.
OD 1/15, MYP White Ext/Black Int, w/ tow, changed from MYLR to MYP on 2/3
EDD now is 2/21 - 2/28, this is for MD delivery.

What do I have to do in terms of insurance, don't I just add a new vehicle to my existing insurance before delivery?

Last edited:
People who have taken or going to take the car delivery:

my co-registrant has the temporary DL(paper one) and waiting for the physical DL card to arrive. will tesla be okay with one person having DL and another having temporary DL for taking the car delivery? anyone in similar or had similar situation

Last edited:
Here I was being all cocky that I got an updated EDD and the vin was sure to follow.... 😭
You have a pretty narrow window. Should be getting VIN very very soon 🤞🏼

Reactions: Destructis5150
Interesting, what time did you place your order? (8:45am here...)
My order is identical with a 2/11 to 3/11 timeframe.

By the looks of things the MSM (and Black) seems to be the lowest priority. Maybe gets even worse if you chose a white interior.

My order was placed on 1/15.
MYLR5
MSM/White Interior/19” Gemini Wheels

The EDD moved once from the standard Jan-Mar, and now indicates Feb 16 - Mar 23.

Holding off on applying for Financing until a VIN is received. (Didn’t want to take a chance on the 30 day approval window closing and having to re-apply.

Thinking of using Tesla insurance as well.

Configured it at just below $55K to take advantage of the Tax Credit.
However, now that the purchase price limit has been bumped up, thinking about moving upto the 20” induction wheels.
Even thought the 20” looks so much better my concern is the ride quality.
(Drop in range is not a real concern)
However, have been hearing that the ride quality has improved due to softening of the suspension.
Test drove a MYLR with 19” wheels so, did not get a chance to do a comparison with the 20”.
Will appreciate some feedback.
Thank You.
Wow, I placed my order on 1/18 for MSM and black interior. Same delivery window and no update since. You have an order 3 days before me and no movement, only makes me feel worse 🥲

Thanks all for the info and updates - really helpful as I awaited my delivery, which finally happened today:

MYLR MSM/Black/19"/5 seat
Original EDD: Feb-March
VIN 1/20 (Austin build)
Delivery date: 2/5, but delayed in transit
Updated delivery date: 2/7
Boston area
Delivered with cargo cover and mud flaps

Peabody delivery center was fantastic - no problems with inspecting the car prior to accepting delivery. No issues found during the inspection, made the payment by bank check, paperwork done, drove away. Total time ~1 hour.

Anyone with a MYLR 7 seater receive their VIN yet? OD of 1/15, EDD 2/16 - 2/23, no change yet. Looks like 7 seater orders are taking longer?