Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR Blue/Black/19/No Tow
OD: 01/19 evening ET (Tesla says 1/20)
EDD: 03/05-03/31
No VIN yet

Ho hum, no update since receiving my EDD. Yea checking the app, but not manic. 3-5 times a day is not manic is it?

Stopped by for a test drive today (Springfield) for a model Y LR since I bought first, ask questions later. Pretty happy with the test drive. Accel/Brake/Steering all firm and responsive. Was considering a M3P but sticking with MYLR because it just more roomy and suits the life style better.

I asked sales person why I did not have an SA when I purchased? The reply was, "what's an SA?" LOL, but he got the drift. Very nice guy and he said I can get him assigned so now I have a contact.

Watching the time tick by . . . clouds roll in, roll out . . . hair grow . . . 18 day and counting.

MYLR Blue/Black/19/No Tow
OD: 01/19 evening ET (Tesla says 1/20)
EDD: 03/05-03/31
No VIN yet

Ho hum, no update since receiving my EDD. Yea checking the app, but not manic. 3-5 times a day is not manic is it?
It might take a while unless you somehow find something in existing inventory. A bunch of NJ people (including me) and east coasters on here who custom ordered on 1/13-1/15 are just getting our MYLRs delivered now or in the upcoming week. The people who got their Tesla delivered within 1-2 weeks are the ones that got matched to a vehicle in existing inventory.

Now that MY IRS limit is at $80k, existing inventories for them are pretty much sold out.

Update

Can came in early picking it up Friday - Hopefully it will be smooth

OD: 1/15/23 around noon EST
EDD Jan-Apr
Profile complete: 1/16
EDD 2/11 - 3/18
2/5 (saw at 7:00AM) EDD changed 2/10 - 2/14 and VIN assigned PA064XX, Feb5th build per SA
2/5 (9AM) Text to schedule deliver (Available options 2/12, 2/13, and 2/14)
Scheduled for 2/12
Text 2/7 car is at delivery location and asked me to reschedule pickup if I want
The only option it gave me Thursday at 3PM
Texted SA if I can do Fri or Sat
SA texted back for two options on Fri
Went to the desktop site and only one was available.
Picking up on Friday.

Reactions: NJ08809 and geekfam
Just got a response from a SA located at Burbank, CA that Fremont is no longer shipping MYLR with matrix headlights. Austin remains the same. But MYP will continue to be equipped with matrix headlights.

Hopefully those who receive a MYLR that originated from Fremont and was built this month can disprove that claim. What in the bloody hell is going on? :mad:

• Helpful
Reactions: chobra
Just got a response from a SA located at Burbank, CA that Fremont is no longer shipping MYLR with matrix headlights. Austin remains the same. But MYP will continue to be equipped with matrix headlights.

Hopefully those who receive a MYLR that originated from Fremont and was built this month can disprove that claim. What in the bloody hell is going on? :mad:
I guess Tesla going to increase MYP again soon. 🤣

As much as I want to say “I’ll believe it when I see it”, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised. Given how hard they must be ramping things up with all this demand, the supplier may not be able to keep pace to use matrix on all Freemont builds. It would be a shame though as it was nice that all Freemont cars were coming with them.

I have been monitoring the Model Y inventory and every now and then one pops up near me. It’s not the color or combo I want but one was close I.e. has a tow hitch and different color but then got to thinking are these cars rejects from other people or really built to be surplus? Thinking it may be worth paying for features I wouldn’t have ordinarily bought or compromise on color to get it now and lock in the full $7.5k rebate - the consideration that it may be another customers reject concerns me most.

Anyone else willing to compromise for a buy now?

-OD: 1/13
-OG EDD:2/4-3/4
-VIN Assigned Feb 3
-New EDD: Feb 17-25
-Factory: Fremont
-Configuration:MYLR 5 Seat White-on—White with Hitch (no other options)
-Matrix Head Lights: YES
-Cargo Cover: ??
-Mudflaps:??
-PPF: ??
-State: NJ

Anyone order after the price drop that took delivery of a Fremont-built 5 seater MYLR get a cargo cover? My SA confirmed that I was getting Matrix headlights, hoping to confirm that you get the cargo cover too.

Thanks!
Just took delivery today of my Fremont build, yes to matrix headlights and yes to the cargo cover.

Global headlights = Matrix :D

Premium headlights = Non-matrix :(
Should I console myself by telling myself that I got the Premium headlights and not the shoddy Global ones? 😁
I mean I didn't really need to spell Tesla on my garage door, did I? So far that is all the Global ones do differently...oh, other than the reports of them having dead areas.

Should I console myself by telling myself that I got the Premium headlights and not the shoddy Global ones? 😁
I mean I didn't really need to spell Tesla on my garage door, did I? So far that is all the Global ones do differently...oh, other than the reports of them having dead areas.
Haha, it's just headlights. Would be great if they eventually release an update that makes them turn with the car but I'm not holding my breath. But yeah, right now there's no big advantage to them. I think they're brighter though? Like you mentioned there are noticeable black spots/gaps in the low beams (Tesla says this is normal and due to the design). Aesthetically speaking though I actually prefer the look of the old headlights.

Reactions: arbitrage000
Very long day but we are home. This is our third Tesla purchase at Mt. Kisco and every one has been a different experience.
We arrived at the DC and we walked around the lot looking for our MY and it was no where to be found. So we went inside to speak with someone. I stated I was there to take delivery of a MY and gave her my name. They had NO IDEA where the car was 🤦🏻‍♀️ So it took a team of people to figure out where it was, after 20 mins of waiting, it finally showed up.
I had told the person I was communicating with 100 times over, PLEASE DONT DETAIL the car. Well it rolled up detailed. Man I was not happy. (It’s a long story about why I didn’t want it detailed). So when the person I was talking with saw it was detailed, he was very apologetic. And I was like well we can’t go backwards.
So as far as issues go, very minimal. 2 things we noticed on the lot was the passenger side headlight was not flush with the frunk and bumper. Drivers side was ok. And there is a small blemish in the paint near the window trim on the drivers side. I think it would cause more harm than good to fix it, so it has a birthmark.
On the drive home (239 miles) I noticed the alignment was pulling to the right and there was excessive wind/ road noise coming from the front passenger side. Like to the point it sounds like the window is down but it’s not.
So a service ticket is in for 3 of the 4 issues.
On a positive note, the car had 7 miles on it when we picked it up. The fact of how much they have added to the car since we picked up our 22 MYLR last year is phenomenal.
Matrix headlights, cargo cover, carpeted door pockets, wood trim on the doors. And we paid less for this one 😂
I will say I miss the USS! The car didn’t beep at me when I got too close to the wall in my garage and tell me to STOP. I also miss getting the mobile connector free but atleast they give you the J 1772 adapter. And you don’t get the nice chrome plate frames either. I asked if I could buy one but they didn’t have them for sale.
Overall it’s a great car and it got me home safe and sound.
Be patient everyone, yours is coming. A 3 week wait was weird for us as we’ve waited up to 7 months before.

Attachments

• FA0511CF-9A4E-4094-9828-71BA675B24DD.png
    FA0511CF-9A4E-4094-9828-71BA675B24DD.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 195
  • 75120693-EE97-4D66-A4AD-B8DD36A64371.png
    75120693-EE97-4D66-A4AD-B8DD36A64371.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 78
I have been monitoring the Model Y inventory and every now and then one pops up near me. It’s not the color or combo I want but one was close I.e. has a tow hitch and different color but then got to thinking are these cars rejects from other people or really built to be surplus? Thinking it may be worth paying for features I wouldn’t have ordinarily bought or compromise on color to get it now and lock in the full $7.5k rebate - the consideration that it may be another customers reject concerns me most.

Anyone else willing to compromise for a buy now?
likely a reject

But take into consideration that the majority of "rejects" are probably people who either changed their order at the last minute (when price cap was raised) or had financing or timing fall through to take delivery when the car was ready. I really think those types of "rejects" make up most of them and not people rejecting for QC issues.