Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been refreshing the app and web page about 100 times a day. Last night while I was sleeping, I... GOT... A... VIN!!!!

MYLR5 MSM/Black no changes
OD: 1/15 mid afternoon
EDD: Jan - Mar
EDD: 1/18: 2/14 - 3/22
EDD: 2/5: 2/8 - 2/22
VIN assigned 2/8: Austin Build
EDD 2/8: 2/19 - 2/26
I feel like I can concentrate on other things again. Waiting to hear back about matrix lights.
My coworker ordered the same config on 1/13. He got his vin on 1/27. Not that it is all math, but he got his vin 2 weeks after order and will be picking up 1 month after OD. I ordered 2 days later and got my vin in just over 3 weeks, I should be able to pick up in just under 6 weeks from order. Now I just have to watch the weather app between Austin and the east coast for the next 2 weeks.......
Austin build is likely to come with regular premium headlights.
Ask your SA if you are getting Premium headlights or Global?
Global are matrix, not that it matters too much, some even prefer regular ones over matrix as matrix can be patchy in the light coverage in low beam.

Not sure if any body has experienced this before, I completed the profile on 1/31 which is about a week after my order date, would that affect my delivery date? The EDD changed from Jan- Mar when I placed the order to March- May after I completed the profile with delivery info. Quite frustrated if it cannot be delivered by the end of March for tax credit..
I think it was/is going to be hard to get a delivery in Feb when ordering on 1/31 anyway, there is some hope depending upon cancellations, what you ordered etc, but I ordered the exact same config as a coworker on 1/15 and he ordered on 1/13. His pick up is 4 weeks after order and mine is about 6 weeks after order.
Some people have had success finding local inventory while waiting for production of their order, but you have to be quick when you see something.
There is also the hope that the government announces rules in March for implementation at a later date etc....
They other way to think about it is worse case, you got a Tesla Model Y for roughly 55k which is cheaper than any comparable EV (you can get others in the mid 40's, but with less cargo, less range, worse charge network etc...) and you still get the $3,750 part of the rebate.

Not sure if any body has experienced this before, I completed the profile on 1/31 which is about a week after my order date, would that affect my delivery date? The EDD changed from Jan- Mar when I placed the order to March- May after I completed the profile with delivery info. Quite frustrated if it cannot be delivered by the end of March for tax credit..
Yesterday, I was told by Tesla Customer Service Rep that the registration info is required to place your order in the correct queue. Sorry for the bad news. Let's hope that the upcoming IRS guidance works in all our favor.

Dad is that you?

MYLR Blue/Black 19 inch (Base)
O/D 1/14
EDD1: Jan -Mar
EDD2: 2/2-3/2
EDD3: 2/5-2/19
EDD4: 2/6-219
EDD5: 2/7-2/19
EDD6: 2/8-2/19
Still NO VIN

This is like the cruelest joke ever. Every day that passes they just move the first number in the EDD up
That must be extremely frustrating. You may take confort in the fact that the first couple of days may not be available for delivery appointments as mine was. At least they are not moving the back end dates. That date to me is the more realistic of the two. Good luck to you, keep the faith!

I pick mine up tomorrow but I drove by the SC and found it on the lot. There were quite a few white interior Model Ys there waiting to go home.
Congrats , Here is hoping it is a nice clean build. Guessing my MYLR5 White/white 19s no tow will be on one of the next couple incoming shipments. Showing EDD end of March 2

Did you happen to notice if most of the cars had Austin or Fremont VINS?

I test drove the MYLR with the 20" induction wheels and was surprised by the comfort. Did not expect that from such low profile tires. The ride comfort was better than my Honda CRV. I stuck to 19" gemini because of the following reasons:
1. I live in Denver and we have snow. 19" wheels provide better road grip in snow.
2. The 20" wheels are prone to curb rashes and flat tires.
3. I would rather paint/replace rim covers of the 19" myself to improve the look rather than spending $2000

But that's just me. If you are only worried about the comfort, then go for it.
I plan to remove the Gemini wheel covers (even if that means 5% range loss) and them decide if I like the look of whitish Geminis or need them plasti-dipped black

Reactions: Sohaib89
Apart from spelling TESLA in light-show they don't do anything else... In fact, @DonnieTC likes non-matrix better...
Enjoy your car, you aren't missing anything really... We don't have anything else to do while we wait, so we agonize over non issues...
I drive a 2020 $runner non LED headlights which are trash...so it wouldn't matter which headlights i end up getting since anything will be an upgrade from what i have now .

my Y order was confirmed and vin assigned.
applied tesla finance and got approved with US bank at 5.99 apr
does tesla allows multiple loan options ? or how can i request tesla to shop around ?
i got good credit and i assume i can get better rate than 5.99

also i am doing trade in. i entered all the details of the trade in vehicle includes loan balance on that vehicle
i think tesla showed me trade in amount and balance i need to apply for the loan
now i see full price of the car and loan with US bank and got the txt to schedule the delivery
so when i will see the trade in numbers and also instructions to take my car and attach my existing plate
all confusing and with no human in between
does all this normal ?
So what I did since Tesla already ran my credit for financing and approved me at 5.4 I went to a few lenders and applied for a loan to get the best possible outcome and through my navy federal I was given 5.04. after getting back a quote from an addition 4 lenders my best was navy with the 5.04. as with any loan credit score does come into play, and mine is 805.

Any White interior got delivered?
I don’t see much 1/15 orders with white interior get assigned VIN.

MYLR White/White/19”
OD: 1/15/2023
EDD: 2/9-2/23
Still no vin:(((
Losing my patience. Checking the app like hundreds times a day.

Update - MYLR white/white/19
Bay area
OD 1/18
Edd1 - Jan - mar
Edd2 - 2/7 - 3/7
As of 2/8 - Edd3 - 2/17 - 3/3
Noraac, where are you located?
702invegas, i take it you are taking delivery in Vegas?

My updated edd is 2/28 - 3/31 for the same build.
MYLR / W / W / 19" / 5 seater
Order date 1/14 evening in SoCal.
I finished my profile at 7:30am 1/15. Paying cash l, no trade.
My edd before the last update was 2/10 - 3/10.
Picking up in Camarillo.

Why am I pushed out so far?

I plan to remove the Gemini wheel covers (even if that means 5% range loss) and them decide if I like the look of whitish Geminis or need them plasti-dipped black
This is what I plan on doing with mine:
Video - Plasti Dip Gemini Wheel Covers

I would leave the center silver(original) and put black tesla emblems in there. Will also leave the outer circle (original rim silver).

Noraac, where are you located?
702invegas, i take it you are taking delivery in Vegas?

My updated edd is 2/28 - 3/31 for the same build.
MYLR / W / W / 19" / 5 seater
Order date 1/14 evening in SoCal.
I finished my profile at 7:30am 1/15. Paying cash l, no trade.
My edd before the last update was 2/10 - 3/10.
Picking up in Camarillo.

Why am I pushed out so far?
You can see in the profile where someone lives.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-08 at 9.38.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-08 at 9.38.42 AM.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: GAR23