Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my MYP on the 2nd of Feb, not a single update yet, still says Feb-Mar. when do you think I will get some kind of updated EDD?
You're likely stuck in limbo until they can work themselves out of a hole. ( i wouldn't expect it to update for another week or so )

OD 1/25 Black/Black interior 5 seats
Original EDD: January - March
Current EDD: 3/19-3/31 (Updated Jan31st and hasn't changed since)

I got the text message today about updating the accessories. I texted them back asking if i updated to the performance would that effect my EDD.

Their response: "It will impact it, but we are unable to see if it will be pushed forward or backward until the change is made"

On the other thread (for MYP) it seems most folks who have recently changed aren't seeing their EDD move.

• Helpful
Reactions: chobra
Did anyone who ordered the MYLR update to the MYP and see a change in their EDD for an earlier time?
I would like to find out. I placed an order for MYLR on Jan 15th and I received a delivery date for the weekend of 11th and 12th. I would like to change the order to a MYP and I'm concerned whether any changes would delay my order. I spoke to the SA and he said usually if I reject my VIN, Tesla would quickly source the next car for us, however, because I would be looking at changing configuration to a MYP, he didn't know how that would impact my order or whether I get put back at the end of the line.

What do you guys think of Carvana? Any bad experiences?

Carvana offered me $1000 more than CarMax and almost $4000 more than a Tesla Trade-in so I think I'm about to sell my car to them unless there's a good reason not to.

Tesla's trade-in value was fair (middle of the road kbb trade-in price) but Carvana is just better. Next is CarMax and Vroom offered me the Tesla trade-in price.

Reactions: TheSodaSaga
First republic doesn’t issue auto loans it’s a PLoC(i bank with them) And minimum is 7 year loan and you have to pay all interest in first year…
Go for Adelfi now or go with Tesla and apply for tower membership and loan today.
I like the flexibility. No prepayment penalty. Flexible pay-off, with interest only in first year.

But you need to have some minimum balance in your checking account.

7th Update:

Black/Black MYLR w/ 19"
OD: 1/13
EDD: 1/15-1/22
VIN assignment: 1/13
First Delivery Date: 1/15; Rejected because the MYLR was in terrible shape in exterior, had obviously been rejected by multiple people, had scratches, scrapes all over, Austin Build, PA044xxx VIN.
VIN: Cancelled 1/15 (Rejected delivery in person).
VIN: Same VIN reissued 1/15 and gave me 48 hrs to schedule delivery. Did not reschedule delivery for same PA044xxx VIN obviously.
EDD: 1/17-1/24 as of 6pm 1/17, awaiting (hopefully) new VIN.
EDD: 1/28-2/11 as of Wednesday 1/18 4PM, awaiting hopefully new VIN.
VIN: Assigned, New VIN, PF660xxx, Fremont VIN (Assigned 1/22)
EDD: 2/4-2/11 (Updated 1/22)
TXT: Texted SA 1/27 to ask where my car is and they said it's still in transit from Fremont.
DD: Delivery Date Set, Feb 8-10 was the range available. Set delivery date for Feb 8, Vienna/Tysons Corner Delivery Center
DD: Tysons Corner called and asked if I could pick it up today 2/6. Unfortunately, due to scheduling conflicts, I cannot. I still have 2/8 pickup date.
DD: 2/8. For situational awareness, I looked at ALL the Model Y's that were lined up. All were from Fremont, including my own. However, mine had crazy scratches on it again all over. All the other cars were PRISTINE except mine. Rejected. I'm out guys, hope someone in DC enjoys my PF660XXX ride.

Stay blessed.
Sorry to hear the story. Are they going to assign you a new VIN or just cancel your order and you lose the order fee? This is a terrible experience.

Reactions: jose3030
Just received my VIN today!
OD 1/23 MSM White interior 5 seats
EDD- 3/4-3/31
New EDD 2/14-2/23
Also got the text to schedule delivery

Does anyone know any good credit unions with low interest rates that approve fast? I was thinking of Tower Federal Credit Union but I heard they take long so now I am looking at First Republic Bank.
Holy guacamole! That is some luck. I ordered black interior (rest all same) on 1/18 and no VIN yet. What location is your order for?

CVRP won't update their guidance until Feb 28th so you're going to have to wait a while.

I'm hoping that the purchase (take delivery) date (1/13/23 to 2/27/23 vs after 2/28/23) won't matter as long as submit your application within 90 days of purchase AND it's after they update their guidance and include the M3 and MY on their eligibility list on 2/28/23.

But if you ordered a MYP blue\white, please pass on it so I can take delivery sooner. :cool:

They updated their guidance yesterday and then again today to state:

“You may be eligible for a CVRP rebate if you ordered a Tesla Model 3 or Model Y on or after January 12, 2023. To be eligible, the vehicle must be on the CVRP eligible vehiclespage, and you must apply, within 90 days of registering your vehicle. The Model 3 and Model Y’s vehicle eligibility request is currently under review. Once the request has been approved and the vehicle is added to the eligibility list, you may submit an application. Please continue to check the eligible vehicle list as the list is updated regularly. Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements.”

For me, that is good enough. If it doesn’t get added at this point with 90 days of me taking delivery, it won’t matter because the price increase of a new order will have wiped out the rebate anyways.

Reactions: chobra
Folks,
I ordered MYLR all defaults (White/Black/19") on 1/23 for Dallas metropolitan delivery

Original EDD (on 1/23): Jan to March 31st
Updated EDD (on 1/31): Feb 27 to March 31st

Two questions;
1) Anyone seeing any closer/tighter dates with the above Order date?
2) At what point do you apply for Car Loan?

Thank you in advance

I don't think they are skipping people. It seems that they assigned VINs earlier for people from further locations, like the east coast even they ordered on the same day. It takes more time between the VIN and delivery, while it's very short for the people closer to the plants. So eventually, people placed orders at the same are receiving their cars around the same timeframe. You may get your car sooner than they guys in the northeast like me. It's just from my observation from this post, so may not represent the real situation.
My logic (as I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night) is notification is based on delivery logistics timing over order date. My rough math has Tesla producing 1,300+ Model Ys per day between Fremont and Texas. Even if I were #1 in line, the delivery transport will not roll to a destination until it is full. The order dates provide Tesla a chance to plan shipping schedules more than production schedules to ensure the delivery transport is full.

At least this is what I tell myself being someone refreshing the page multiple times per day wondering when a transport with my 1/13 morning order shows up in Santa Barbara ...

Folks,
I ordered MYLR all defaults (White/Black/19") on 1/23 for Dallas metropolitan delivery

Two questions;

Thank you in advance
You can apply for loan only after VIN assignment

Folks,

Two questions;

Thank you in advance
For #2 I'd shop around at this point and understand their timing/process. Ideally you can get a pre-approval without much information, which should be good for 60-90 days. Once you get the VIN and final agreement from Tesla, you can finalize the process and coordinate funding. Starting the process when you get the VIN is cutting it close I think (particularly as we head closer to the end of the quarter when the delivery rush occurs and timing is condensed).

Can't speak to #1

MYLR White/Black 19 inch (Base)
O/D 1/15 noon PST
EDD1: 1/26-2/23
EDD2: 1/30-2/14
EDD3: 2/7-2/21
No Vin yet
San Francisco

Test drove a MYLR on 20 inch wheels at Colma on Sunday. Dealership was crowded AF, but got the test drive in for me and the wife. The car was smooth and fast(too fast). Coming to a stop and slow turns will take a while to get used to, but really nice car. Still checking the app and online at least 20 times a day like many others. Fingers crossed that I get it before March.
Updated EDD Today 2/8-2/19, still no VIN.
While at the dealership I changed delivery from home to the Colma Dealership. Hope that didn't mess things up for me. As others have said this waiting game totally sucks, but at least we don't have to wait a year.