Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post, this forum is very helpful - but also a bit addicting!

MYLR 19 inch/Blue/Black/Trailer Hitch
OD: 1/22
EDD: 3/9 - 3/31
Chicago

Been watching inventory (like many of us), and saw the identical configuration in SR AWD today, it says "coming soon to Chicago." Contacted my SA, he said that if I switched I would lose the $250 and would also have to pay the current price for the SR; he says I can only transfer the $250 and get old pricing if I stick with LR. I asked him to double check, and he texted me back that he confirmed it with the manager.

He also said that all the SRs are still showing up as pre-production with no EDD, and that it might not get to Chicago before the one I have on order in any case. His computer is showing target DD of March 15 for my LR.

Decided to stick with current order and hope for full credit.

Do you have any idea how much of tesla battery components made in USA?
From what I've read, very few if any current models of any vehicle will meet the requirements other than a few plug in hybrids. It's mostly the critical materials source that is the issue. Tesla batteries are made here, but the materials (lithium, cobalt, etc..) often come from non-US sources. Plus there are law makers pushing to end the tax credits ASAP until the treasury publishes the rules. My estimated delivery is sometime between 2/19 and 2/26 so I am hoping nothing delays that so I don't have to worry. I am not going to feel safe until I am sitting in the car driving away from the dealer.

First post, this forum is very helpful - but also a bit addicting!

MYLR 19 inch/Blue/Black/Trailer Hitch
OD: 1/22
EDD: 3/9 - 3/31
Chicago

Been watching inventory (like many of us), and saw the identical configuration in SR AWD today, it says "coming soon to Chicago." Contacted my SA, he said that if I switched I would lose the $250 and would also have to pay the current price for the SR; he says I can only transfer the $250 and get old pricing if I stick with LR. I asked him to double check, and he texted me back that he confirmed it with the manager.

He also said that all the SRs are still showing up as pre-production with no EDD, and that it might not get to Chicago before the one I have on order in any case. His computer is showing target DD of March 15 for my LR.

Decided to stick with current order and hope for full credit.
Good luck! I have the same configuration and ordered 4 days after you. I texted the 510 number asking for a tighter window and got the generic "check your app for accurate estimate" reply. My EDD is 3/14-3/31. Im not speculating about the IRS and when they will make their decision. I dont expect it to work out in my favor so I have prepared myself to anticipate half the credit, but thats just me. I do plan on ordering the 19" snow tire package next winter so the extra $3750 would help :)

Reactions: Byce007
I am in it only for the full $7500 credit. Even though Tesla reduced the price by $13k, I personally think the MYLR is not more than $50k worth...
Same here. Even with the 20% price drop and full $7,500 tax credit, the price of the Model Y is stretching what the vehicle is worth to me. If I can't get the full credit, I'll keep driving my 2021 Ridgeline, step away from this forum, and stop refreshing the app a dozen times a day expecting an updated EDD like a crazy person. :D

Reactions: SANTRI and Ayushbh
Same here. Even with the 20% price drop and full $7,500 tax credit, the price of the Model Y is stretching what the vehicle is worth to me. If I can't get the full credit, I'll keep driving my 2021 Ridgeline, step away from this forum, and stop refreshing the app a dozen times a day expecting an updated EDD like a crazy person. :D
Every time you refresh your app it takes 5 minutes off of your EDD. Its true!

I am in it only for the full $7500 credit. Even though Tesla reduced the price by $13k, I personally think the MYLR is not more than $50k worth and would rather opt for a Lexus NX350H which is more luxurious and much better build quality....but that is a discussion for another day.
$13k MSRP reduction + $7.5k tax credit is amazing!

$13k MSRP reduction + $3.75k tax credit is still very good!
This is a fine example of cognitive dissonance and rationalization seen in vivo. When humans succumb to the restrictions of the environment, they tend to make these rationalizations to deny the obvious loss and detriment.

Reactions: chobra
Same boat if I don’t get full tax credit I’ll just eat the $250. I think allot of people will do the same and Tesla will end up
Offering a $1500 discount.

Reactions: Ayushbh and SANTRI
I hear ya. I was in the market for a Lexus RX350H - really wish I could take the Lexus interior and put it in the Tesla lol It came down to luxury vs tech and the more I learned about Tesla I (think) I'm ok with going with tech.

Besides, trying to coordinate with all these Lexus dealers, lack of pricing transparency for a build that is bloated with unneeded options helped to seal the deal for Tesla.

Just yesterday I got a quote with a $5k "hybrid market adjustment" :rolleyes:.. that was on top of MSRP
I almost bought Genesis. Beautiful interior. It has Aluminum knobs not plastic - But the tech and Genesis dealer shenanigans were too much to take. Settled on Tesla

Reactions: geekfam
The inventory must be very fluid. As of this writing there are 10LRs in inventory nationwide.
According to waitingfortesla site there are 4 LR in inventory across the entire US. (Ohio, TX, Hawaii and Sacremento). Not much selection there.
But there are 290 4680 AWDs. Tesla sold about 10 in the last hour.
Oh, I wasn’t checking that site, just what local inventory shows… which is no LRs around me.

Update: well, there’s ONE now for only $59k! lol.

Last edited:
He said He can change it but there's a chance it could delay the delivery by a bit. It's no big deal, they're both the same distance from me anyway. It's going to boil down to a timing issue for me, EDD is 3/10-3/31 and the wife is pregnant and due on 3/13 so crossing my fingers it works out for me to LOL
If it's a daughter, then name her Tessie. If it's a son then name him Nikola.

This must be done. Destiny is all. ;)

I just got a text to schedule delivery.
Scheduled delivery for tomorrow 2/10 in Fremont

OD: 1/4 PM PST
Received VIN: 2/8
Schedule Delivery Text: 2/9
Scheduled Delivery: 2/10 (Fremont)
Bay Area
White / Black 19" no options
Long Range
You will go to the Tesla Fremont factory to pick up your car. I guess Tesla needs to spend $1,390 to move your car from its factory's front door to its parking lot. LOL!

I will pick up my car at their Colma Center, which is 40 miles away from their Fremont factory, on Sunday, 2/12. So I guess my car's $1,390 Destination Fee will be spent "more wisely"!

BTW, your VIN is PF674xxx, and mine is PF684xxx but the exact same configuration: MYLR white/black 19" with no other options. There are 10,000 cars between these two. Not sure that is Tesla's VIN structure.