Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know yet. I'm sure Tesla would offer to repaint the panel or something to that effect. My delivery isn't today, I just have been going each day to see if my car arrived and I got there just after it was pulled off the carrier.
Ugh, I’m so sorry this happened to you. I mean if they offer to fix it to your standards then go for it. But make sure it’s your standards and NOT Teslas!

Reactions: Cyclone
I’m conflicted. What do you all think about this issues on my car? Would you accept delivery of this? Otherwise the panel gaps are even, the panels are flush with each other (mostly/close enough), seals looks good. So overall the car is in good shape, but it may take some work to correct these. I haven’t checked the inside yet though (today isn’t my delivery date).
View attachment 905196View attachment 905197View attachment 905198View attachment 905199View attachment 905200View attachment 905201

On that last one, it’s much easier to see in video vs. a still image.
Tough to tell on my phone from those pics, I see 2-3 scuffs and maybe 1 ding?

I think I am prob too easy going, and will prob leave the ocd inspection to my wife. I'd probably accept it if it's something i'd only notice with a detailed inspection, or if i can shrug off regardless ofwhether or not they can fix it.

But if it's something I think about the whole time I am inspecting and afterwards, if it's gonna sit in the back of my mind for the next several years of ownership, or if it's something that's going to bother my wife in the same fashion - then I'd reject it.

Remember, you're gonna be spending a lot more time inside of it than staring at it up close.

OD 1/19
White/White/19/tow
March 23-31st.
Just don’t understand why the long wait. Don’t see others in the same boat as me but maybe it’s wrong.
OD 1/14
MYLR White/White/19/tow
30 minutes from Fremont
Still no VIN.
There's a massive number of orders between 1/14 and 1/19, you're on the tail end of the spike in interest after the price cut.

I guess there is a distinction between assigning the VIN and making the VIN available to the customer to view online or through the app. Either way, nothing to do but wait.

Oh absolutely. VIN created, car built, VIN assigned.
Don't all Tesla's with with non structural battery packs have the VIN on the Pack ID label.?
Seems like a Lot of trouble to place that label at a delivery center ..

Heck even the dash placement of the VIN plate seems a hard to do thing after a windshield install?
He means assigned to buyer. Vehicles get their proper VIN assigned parts as they're being built

Sorta annoyed right now.
OD 1/19
White/White/19/tow

March 23-31st.

Just don’t understand why the long wait. Don’t see others in the same boat as me but maybe it’s wrong.

I see others that replied to me. I feel a little better. Maybe white interior just takes longer

That does seem pushed back for just 1 day difference in order time

ordered 1/18 early and finished the registration about 4 hours later

Very similar build just no tow

white/white/ 5 seat /19s/ no tow

Maybe a Whole Lot orders came in on the 18th -19th?

My EDD still says

Feb 16- March 2

I see why everyone gets excited When the VIN gets assigned.

Last edited:
I see others that replied to me. I feel a little better. Maybe white interior just takes longer

That does seem pushed back for just 1 day difference in order time

ordered 1/18 early and finished the registration about 4 hours later

Very similar build just no tow

white/white/ 5 seat /19s/ no tow

Maybe a Whole Lot orders came in on the 18th -19th?

My EDD still says

Feb 16- March 2

I see why everyone gets excited When the VIN gets assigned.
dude, you ordered 1/18. Theres's people who haven't gotten VIN since 1/13, 1/14.

Reactions: Ray_R
OD 1/14
MYLR White/Black/ Default Options
VIN Assignment: Night of 2/8

Just got the prompt to schedule delivery today. To my surprise there’s only one date to choose from. Thankfully I can make this date but really surprising how Tesla only gives one. I’ve heard people get 2-3 days. I guess Tesla really needs to get cars on and off the lot quick

Reactions: YisPatHere
dude, you ordered 1/18. Theres's people who haven't gotten VIN since 1/13, 1/14.
Just answering The SoleLenders post and agreeing the dates are more apart than what makes any sense.

My crappy editing makes it look like I said " I see others that replied to me. I feel a little better."
I DID NOT say that.

I am Not complaining either.

Until a come and get it communication from Tesla arrives for most of us, it is all just passing time shooting the breeze.

Reactions: YisPatHere
I am also from Bay area. I ordered on 1/15 evening with same configuration Red / Black / No Options. Current EDD says Feb 8 - Feb 22
picked up today.

Attachments

• 20230209_145136.jpg
    20230209_145136.jpg
    864.7 KB · Views: 115
  • 20230209_145112.jpg
    20230209_145112.jpg
    773.3 KB · Views: 75
Maybe white interior just takes longer.
I think we're all looking for patterns in the noise, but it's way too complex of a situation for us to find any real patterns based on a few dozen people in this thread and others when there are at least 500 of these things being cranked out of two sites in the US every day. From vehicle shipping logistics, parts availability, various production runs, vehicle storage capacity at various sites, staffing capacity at delivery centers, customer cancelations, order changes, quality control diversions, etc, etc. We just don't have enough data for any claim of "this geographic area, option set, order date, etc. is getting priority!" to be based on anything but a few anecdotes and a wild guess.