Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OMG!!! :) Got a text with assigned VIN PA065xxx, built 1/27

MYLR5 W/B/20”
OD: 1/22
EDD: Jan-Mar
EDD: Mar 15-31 (updated 1/25 evening)
EDD: 2/16 – 3/2 (updated 2/5 am)
EDD: 2/11 – 2/18 (updated 2/10 pm after VIN)

The App said to upload insurance policy and make final payment now with only option to add bank account. I'd be uncomfortable to pay now without seeing the car. Texted the 510# for different payment option but haven't yet heard back.

I remembered reading from this forum that people were paying with Cashiers check at time of delivery. Please advise how were you able to do so?

Exactly. This is what a sensible consumer would like to see, that a company makes the effort to ensure that they get fair treatment in the buying process, and generally receive the car in the order that they placed them. It's mind boggling how wrapped up these individuals are with giving Tesla the grace. They are literally reframing disrespect as "it is how it's supposed to be." They are literally telling people "don't be frustrated or complain even if they skip your order and someone who ordered weeks after you get their's first, you should be accommodating for their production timeline and turn over."
Rugox, so what is your answer to my question to you in post #4,434

Reactions: arbitrage000
I was thinking the same thing. They have a huge backlog for the LR and instead they dump so many MYAWD short range onto the web hoping someone will buy one. When all along they have thousands of Tesla Orders not being filled. Tesla get your priorities straight Take car of your pending orders first. Just my opinion.
Yes, they are definitely not honoring the orders in place. This is disrespect. Though some people on this forum would say that this is normal.

MYLR5 W/B/20”
at
The App said to upload insurance policy and make final payment now with only option to add bank account. I'd be uncomfortable to pay now without seeing the car. Texted the 510# for different payment option but haven't yet heard back.

I remembered reading from this forum that people were paying with Cashiers check at time of delivery. Please advise how were you able to do so?
Congrats! I just ignored the messages for sending payment through the App. My delivery is scheduled for tomorrow and received another text today requesting payment. I texted back that I will pay with a cashiers check at the delivery and then received a text thanking me for letting them know.

MYLR5 W/B/20”

Congrats. Perhaps the wheels make the difference. I ordered MYLR5 W/B/19" on 01/20 and am still waiting for a VIN.

MYLR White ex/Black int/Stock wheels/No FSD
OD: Jan 14
EDD after order: Mar 2023
EDD since Jan 18: Feb 3 - Mar 3

Hoping for before March, but kind of doubt it.

Central Valley, California

VIN Assigned today
EDD Feb 15 - Feb 22

No matrix headlights on my Austin build

Built 2/3 at 750pm

Delivery scheduled for 2/18 at 1100am. Pick up is 2 hours south and no available friend or family that can take me down. So $44 business class train ticket it is. Should be nice and scenic. Hopefully the car looks good so I don't have to take the train home, too

Reactions: thetuk and Cyclone
One of the things that drew me to Tesla was the non-negotiable pricing, but I didn't realize it would be such a roller coaster ride.

I might be in a nursing home by the time it arrives, but I'm increasingly glad that I ordered the $52,990 "poverty special" LR. :)

I just hope it's still eligible for the tax credit by the time it arrives (est. March) because I'm ready for my first EV. If not, then I'm $250 poorer and Tesla is $250 richer and I'll keep sniffing gasoline. :D

One of the things that drew me to Tesla was the non-negotiable pricing, but I didn't realize it would be such a roller coaster ride.

I might be in a nursing home by the time it arrives, but I'm increasingly glad that I ordered the $52,990 "poverty special" LR. :)

I just hope it's still eligible for the tax credit by the time it arrives (est. March) because I'm ready for my first EV. If not, then I'm $250 poorer and Tesla is $250 richer and I'll keep sniffing gasoline. :D
at least TX gas smells better ($heaper) than CA gas......lol