Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UPDATE:

MYLR Poverty Edition (White Ext/ Black Int, no upgrades)
OD: 1/13
EDD initial: Jan-March
EDD update 1/20
EDD was set for 2/14
Got messaged yesterday offering sooner EDD for today, I took it.
Fremont build, has matrix lights and cargo cover

The Tesla Raleigh Center was packed. There were 2 reps present for pickup, could tell they were working hard. Showed up 10mins early, wait time & paperwork was about 30-40mins total.
They pulled all our cars up in front of the glass windows in front of the building
I handed him my down payment check (credit union had overnight the loan check), asked if I could check inside first. He was really chill and said okay and told me to just not hit accept on the app until I was ready (BUT told me to make sure you hit accept on the app BEFORE you drive off otherwise it would lock you out completely)

I was excited so I did a fairly quick glance over. Wife was more thorough. We had 1 small piece where the plastic wrap was not fully peeled and a few rubber/dirt scuff marks, easily rubbed off with my finger so neither was an issue. There was ONE area that was difficult to determine if it was tar stain or paint issue (see pic). I was able to rub off some of it with more effort, so I thought maybe tar stain, but in either case it was in the inner pillar on the front passenger (facing the windshield wiper) and so I figured they could fix it otherwise it wouldn't bother me too much. We decided to accept.

My wife drove the car home (I drove the van w/ the kids), about 30mins drive. She said driving above 45mph she could hear outside noise on the front passenger side. Maybe not fully sealed?

I rubbed the tar stained area with alcohol and a small piece of papertowel, got about half of it off but the other half won't budge. Any suggestions?

Since it was late, we had to get the kids ready for bed. I will do a closer inspection tomorrow and also take the car for a spin to see if we can determine the outside noise on the passenger side. I will prob put in a service request for that if it doesn't resolve (and maybe the tar stain)

Sorry for being so verbose, I am still amped up on excitement. Overall, very pleased minus these 2 issues above.

View attachment 906262
Looks like the caulk they use to seal the windshield in place.
My passenger side door/window area was loud as well. The big rubber seal that runs on the whole door frame was not on all the way. I pushed as hard as I could to get it back on and sealed. I made a service apt for it, will find out Thursday if it fixed it or not.

Question - if you find issues with your Tesla within that 100 mile window, do you still go to Service to request in the Tesla App?

Their earliest appt is not until March 3rd, so do I have to leave my car parked for the next 2-3 weeks? If I drive it, it'd definitely go over 100 miles. Does it auto log your mileage at the time of requesting Service?

Kinda bummed.
I was told 24hrs or 100 miles, since I roll over my 100 miles just on the way home from the DC. SA wanted to do a service ticket before I left the lot and I said no because what if I notice something on the way home then I would have to do another ticket. I put in a ticket as soon as I got home. So there was 1 issue on the lot, 2 issues I noticed on the way home, and then 1 when I was detailing the car. Picked up the car on 2/7 service scheduled for 2/16. Once your appointment is scheduled, they will even text you and ask you if you have anymore issues with the vehicle since you scheduled your appointment and to add them to the ticket.
You can still drive your new Tesla! I’m guessing as long as you have reported your issues within that 100 miles you should be fine. Don’t worry too much, take the family for a ride in the Tesla 😊

Model Y Long Range (Midnight Silver Metallic Paint, White Interior)
OD: Jan 17th @ 8PM
EDD: Feb 7 - Mar 7
EDD: Feb 10 - Feb 24
(2/11) EDD: Feb 21 - Mar 21

Is it common to move back to an EDD of a month after it's reduced to two weeks? I'm kinda bummed and I can also miss the full tax credit if it's delivered late in March.

I texted my SA and the response was a common one.
Have you switched. To White interior later?
My OD 1/14, switched to white interior later. Initial EDD 1/28 - 2/10, on 1/31 it changed to 2/20 -3/20

Toyota in NC is beyond ridic right now. I initially waited a RAV4, but the add-ons and upcharges were total of $2-3k for a NON-hybrid. Hybrids and PHEV were much worse, and with insane wait times. Honda had some dealers with markup, others were actually giving MSRP on the CRV 2023. I put a $1k deposit in early December with sales rep telling me 2-3 mos or earlier. Its now mid-Feb and not a single update. My wife is going to get our deposit back next week lol.
My brother ordered a RAV4 Hybrid (not Prime) in May 2022. He finally took delivery last week - nine months later. The seats are stiff, regenerative motor whine is pronounced, and all that starting and stopping of the gasoline engine would get on my nerves. I appreciate the efficiency, but I'd rather have an all-gas or all-electric vehicle instead of the complexity of both.

Reactions: geekfam and -Amanda
How many days you have to wait after ordering received your EDD? I placed my MYP on 2/10, so far still no EDD date range, just Feb - March 2023
I received mine about a week later for the MYP MSM. Ordered on 02/03 and completed registration the same day. My original EDD was Feb-March. The one received a couple of days ago, was Mar 4 - Mar 31 which is basically the same as removing Feb from the original estimate. I've seen here that this range generally tends to narrow closer to the VIN or about 2-3 or so weeks before delivery though for some the second/third EDD update has see the dates getting pushed back. Others who ordered a MYP b/w 02/02 and 02/04 basically got a similar EDD which also means that Feb. was likely never possible for those order dates and is likely not for anything ordered afterwards unless there are a large number of cancellations. Yet, Tesla still continues to show Feb-March EDD on its MYP order page :confused:

Last edited:
Took delivery of MYLR. White/Black. Put over 400 miles on the car yesterday. Had no trouble at Mount Kisco. Prior to getting there I spoke with them on the phone. Everyone was super nice. Apparently the text messages are just aggressive. They went above and beyond to help. Everyone tried to answer my questions appropriately. I got there early and they brought over my car early from their off site lot. It was super easy. I did not see any problem with the car. Drove amazing all the way home. It was a super long day after taking the train in with two kids in tow. Love the car.

Hey folks, apparently if you live within an 8-hours drive from a Tesla Factory your delivery will most likely be towards the last week of March (the end of the quarter) that way, it is easier for Musk to meet Wall Street delivery target numbers by prioritizing deliveries with long transportation time knowing that by the end of the quarter he can put his factories on a 3 shifts a day to fulfill vicinity deliveries.

• Helpful
Reactions: chobra
Not so sure. Tour of Hyundai factory had cars painted, Parts went in different directions. Final assembly line had cars of different models, colors, and accessories headed down the line with interiors dropping down from above, and the doors reappearing from the side. All had a vin so they appeared at just the right time for worker to attach them. Final assembly was not done in batches.

Hey folks, apparently if you live within an 8-hours drive from a Tesla Factory your delivery will most likely be towards the last week of March (the end of the quarter) that way, it is easier for Musk to meet Wall Street delivery target numbers by prioritizing deliveries with long transportation time knowing that by the end of the quarter he can put his factories on a 3 shifts a day to fulfill vicinity deliveries.
This sounds reasonable, but can I ask the source of this information? It will be interesting to see if we start to see EDDs being adjusted accordingly.

Has anyone registered under a Trust name in the Registration section? I just noticed the MVPA is showing my name instead of the trust name.
the lending company may not have agreed to allow registration under a Trust. If your vehicle is paid in full with no other 3rd party involved then you can Register it under a Trust. Not saying this is the reason just an opinion of mine. I had a similar situation when dealing with Trust Deed in a realestate transaction involving a Living Trust.