Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
all white interiors were moved back a month . My EDD went from 2-8- thru 2-22 to 3-2 thru 3-30 My OD is 1-15 @ 7am
It’s your white seat, that’s the problem. Heavily mentioned on this thread.
I ordered W/W/19 on the same day (1/15) and have an EDD of 2/22-3/1
W/W/19/Tow here, OD 1/14. My EDD moved back by 8 days, not a month. At the beginning of the month, the far end of my EDD range was Feb 16th, Tesla's system showed it coming out of production (expected VIN assignment) on 2/7. Now the far end of my EDD range is 2/24, and the completion of production is estimated on 2/15. I am picking up in Fremont, so there shouldn't be much of a logistics delay, but it's possible that I could be low priority since I'm local.

Just came across this useful link to verify local incentives for EV buyers via Ryan Shaw's channel - EV Incentives - Electric For All

Oregonians can now get up to $7500 in rebates for the purchase / lease of an EV. Lucky them!

Here in Arizona, we fully support EVs (sarcasm follows) ;)
We can legally drive in the HOV lane without any passengers. Yippee!​
APS is giving a $250 rebate towards installation of a level 2 wall charger, but not for Tesla wall chargers. Why?​
Greatly reduced annual auto registration, approximately 50% discount. Oh wait, that expired last year. Now I get to pay almost $1k per year to register my new MYLR. Any way, I can feel good that I supported in a small way the maintenance of our beautiful freeway system for our winter visitors and snow birds to enjoy.​
Joking aside, I am grateful for this window of opportunity to purchase the MY -- a vehicle that I thought this vehicle was out of reach two months ago.
Funny. In VA, we pay an extra fee if our car is "efficient" (I think it is over 30mpg) to register it and I believe it is even more for EVs. It's supposed to make up for the gas tax we don't pay or something...

I agree. I originally ordered MSM, but then test drove a MYLR in Blue for a weekend and switched my order to blue. It's a beautiful color. OD 1/26, color change on 1/31 so im not expecting any miracles.
I ordered the Deep Blue too. I love the gray as well, but I've owned so many gray cars over the last few years, I needed a change. Other colors I would of got were White or Red.

Reactions: GigaMike
Hello all, QQ, If you are using Tesla finance, did you applied when you received the VIN ? Or when you placed the order? I’ve seen some comments here that recommends waiting for at least the est delivery date to narrow in order to apply, but I don’t know if waiting will delay my order, thank you
I waited until I roughly knew the offer/rate wouldn't expire before the car was delivered so that I didn't have to apply again. I did apply before the vin was assigned using Tesla financing (wells).

I did the math with help from the EPA website which allows you to personalize fuel costs based on local prices for gas and electricity. I pay 30 cents/kWh at home in Connecticut, and gas is $3.06 per gallon at Costco now. At these rates, the MYLR I have on order will cost slightly more per mile for fuel than a new RAV4 hybrid. On road trip and in cold temps the MY will be even more expensive in fuel costs. I have to take fuel savings off my list of reasons to buy a Tesla. YMMV (literally) if you have access to cheaper electricity.
That is crazy high rate for electricity. I think in VA, the average rate is $0.12 or so before I switched to a different rate plan. I am not sure because I switched to the off peak plan so that when I charge overnight, in the summer months it is $0.097/kwh and in winter it is $0.122/kwh.

Reactions: tm3lrawd
In case this question gets no traction in another thread as a bump.

I know a new owner of a MYLR ( ordered on 1/14) and his certificate of Origin has the HP listed as 362
Most sources list the 2023 MYLR as 425 HP

Anyone have the facts on this appearance of a discrepancy

That is crazy high rate for electricity. I think in VA, the average rate is $0.12 or so before I switched to a different rate plan. I am not sure because I switched to the off peak plan so that when I charge overnight, in the summer months it is $0.097/kwh and in winter it is $0.122/kwh.
Yeah, crazy high but not far off from what I pay. I pay approx 19 cents in Upstate New York. 12 cents for supply and 7 cents for delivery. These rates are rather consistent throughout the year for my house. I also plan to charge for free as much as possible. Free charging at work, free at many stores in my area. There is a free charge point terminal within walking distance to my house. As long as I dont mind parking it there for a few hours unattended, it's free free free.

Yeah, crazy high but not far off from what I pay. I pay approx 19 cents in Upstate New York. 12 cents for supply and 7 cents for delivery. These rates are rather consistent throughout the year for my house. I also plan to charge for free as much as possible. Free charging at work, free at many stores in my area. There is a free charge point terminal within walking distance to my house. As long as I dont mind parking it there for a few hours unattended, it's free free free.
Whenever I travel, I always look for hotels that have tesla destination chargers or free jplugs. Makes the trip super cheap if I only have to hit one super charger coming and going.

Ex
Hey folks, apparently if you live within an 8-hours drive from a Tesla Factory your delivery will most likely be towards the last week of March (the end of the quarter) that way, it is easier for Musk to meet Wall Street delivery target numbers by prioritizing deliveries with long transportation time knowing that by the end of the quarter he can put his factories on a 3 shifts a day to fulfill vicinity deliveries.
I went with my sister to pickup her M3P on Wed at Fremont and there were a lot of cars in lot, the majority was the white MY. There were 4 or 5 people there picking their MY. I went back on Sat and it was still full and more people were picking up their MY. This was in the pickup lot so I assume these are for local buyers.
20230208_132315.jpg

My latest EDD is 2/13 - 2/27 but I expect this to get push based on some orders getting pushed and I have not received the VIN yet. From reading this thread, most people get their VIN a few days or more before their EDD.

Yes, my rate was supposed to go from 25 cents to 37 cents/kWh at the beginning of the year, but I switched providers to keep the rate down to 30 cents. Our utility blames, the war in Ukraine, and the resulting spike in natural gas prices. The benefits of owning an EV are diminished in Connecticut.

Model Y Long Range (Midnight Silver Metallic Paint, White Interior)
OD: Jan 17th @ 8PM
EDD: Feb 7 - Mar 7
EDD: Feb 10 - Feb 24
(2/11) EDD: Feb 21 - Mar 21

Is it common to move back to an EDD of a month after it's reduced to two weeks? I'm kinda bummed and I can also missed the full tax credit if it's delivered late in March.

I texted my SA and the response was a common one.

all white interiors were moved back a month . My EDD went from 2-8- thru 2-22 to 3-2 thru 3-30 My OD is 1-15 @ 7am
OD- 1/14 same config as yours and that's what happened to me yesterday so I switched to black interior at 0700. Got a text at 12pm for a vin number and to schedule delivery. Picking up options were feb 13, 14, 15. Scheduled for feb 15 because of work.

Ex

I went with my sister to pickup her M3P on Wed at Fremont and there were a lot of cars in lot, the majority was the white MY. There were 4 or 5 people there picking their MY. I went back on Sat and it was still full and more people were picking up their MY. This was in the pickup lot so I assume these are for local buyers.View attachment 906465

My latest EDD is 2/13 - 2/27 but I expect this to get push based on some orders getting pushed and I have not received the VIN yet. From reading this thread, most people get their VIN a few days or more before their EDD.
Our orders are about 1/2 day apart ordered early on 1/18 both white cars tow and interior color choice different
Our EDD make sense so far,
Your 2/13-2/27 mine has been changed once and sits at 2/16- 3/2.

If it gets pushed a month will probably try switching to a black interior like Ihani above. and add a hitch as well.

ps. From the lot picture, Sure looks like Tesla is doing their best to turn out cars.

Sure. I did spend a lot of time looking through it, hope this helps others. IMO a screen protector and all seasons mats are a MUST. If you have kids, the kick protectors are a must also. Everything else is more optional (although the jack pads seem a must if you plan on doing any lifting due to the battery being at the base)

Spigen Tempered Glass Screen Protector [GlasTR EZ FIT] designed for Tesla Model 3 / Y Dashboard Touchscreen - Matte/Anti Fingerprint​

3D MAXpider All-Weather Floor Mats for Tesla Model Y 2021-2023 Custom Fit Floor Liners, Kagu Series (1st & 2nd Row)​

3D MAXpider Custom Fit Kagu Cargo Liner (Black) for 2020-2022 Tesla Model Y - Cargo Liner​

Carwiner Cup Holder for Tesla Model 3/Y 2021 2022 2023 Center Console Accessories Slot Slip Limit Clip Water Cup Hoder Insert​

EVandCAR Tesla Model 3/Y/S Leather Seat Back Protector, Wear-Resistant Car Kick Mats with Organizer Pocket, Set of 2​

Seven Sparta Charging Cable Holder with Chassis Bracket for Tesla Model 3 Model Y Model X Model S Charger Cable Organizer Tesla Accessories Car Wall Connector (Black)​

Spigen Console Organizer Tray (Carbon Edition) Designed for Tesla Model 3/Y with Smooth Slide Technology​

Basenor Tesla Model 3 Model Y Model S Model X Jack Pad Lifting Pucks Jack Lift Pad Adapter Tool with Storage Case(Protects Battery & Chassis) (4 Packs) Accessories​

BASENOR Tesla Model 3 Mud Flaps Splash Guards Winter Vehicle Sediment Protection 2016-2023(Set of 4)​

Tesla Model 3 Y S X Center Cap Wheel Cap Kit Lug Nut Cover Silver Matte (4 Hub Center Cap + 20 Lug Nut Cover) Tesla Accessories​

Sure. I did spend a lot of time looking through it, hope this helps others. IMO a screen protector and all seasons mats are a MUST. If you have kids, the kick protectors are a must also. Everything else is more optional (although the jack pads seem a must if you plan on doing any lifting due to the battery being at the base)

Spigen Tempered Glass Screen Protector [GlasTR EZ FIT] designed for Tesla Model 3 / Y Dashboard Touchscreen - Matte/Anti Fingerprint​

3D MAXpider All-Weather Floor Mats for Tesla Model Y 2021-2023 Custom Fit Floor Liners, Kagu Series (1st & 2nd Row)​

3D MAXpider Custom Fit Kagu Cargo Liner (Black) for 2020-2022 Tesla Model Y - Cargo Liner​

Carwiner Cup Holder for Tesla Model 3/Y 2021 2022 2023 Center Console Accessories Slot Slip Limit Clip Water Cup Hoder Insert​

EVandCAR Tesla Model 3/Y/S Leather Seat Back Protector, Wear-Resistant Car Kick Mats with Organizer Pocket, Set of 2​

Seven Sparta Charging Cable Holder with Chassis Bracket for Tesla Model 3 Model Y Model X Model S Charger Cable Organizer Tesla Accessories Car Wall Connector (Black)​

Spigen Console Organizer Tray (Carbon Edition) Designed for Tesla Model 3/Y with Smooth Slide Technology​

Basenor Tesla Model 3 Model Y Model S Model X Jack Pad Lifting Pucks Jack Lift Pad Adapter Tool with Storage Case(Protects Battery & Chassis) (4 Packs) Accessories​

BASENOR Tesla Model 3 Mud Flaps Splash Guards Winter Vehicle Sediment Protection 2016-2023(Set of 4)​

Tesla Model 3 Y S X Center Cap Wheel Cap Kit Lug Nut Cover Silver Matte (4 Hub Center Cap + 20 Lug Nut Cover) Tesla Accessories​

Great list! Thx!! I also think the cupholder and center console inserts are must haves

Ex

I went with my sister to pickup her M3P on Wed at Fremont and there were a lot of cars in lot, the majority was the white MY. There were 4 or 5 people there picking their MY. I went back on Sat and it was still full and more people were picking up their MY. This was in the pickup lot so I assume these are for local buyers.View attachment 906465

Yeah, I’m picking up in Fremont as well. Hope I get VIN number a few days before delivery date so I have time to complete my loan. They usually make people pickup in 2 days for Fremont pickup since there’s no need to transport the car.

OD- 1/14 same config as yours and that's what happened to me yesterday so I switched to black interior at 0700. Got a text at 12pm for a vin number and to schedule delivery. Picking up options were feb 13, 14, 15. Scheduled for feb 15 because of work.
Where in California are you? Fremont pickup? As expected, for us Californians they make us pickup 2-3 days after getting the VIN number

One thing you may want to add is these! I have them in my M3 and both MY’s. I see you have kids so I would def recommend them. Sorry I don’t know how to add the URL to the post 😂

Attachments

• 1E47232B-3FAA-4F57-9DA8-6F3F51695F99.png
    1E47232B-3FAA-4F57-9DA8-6F3F51695F99.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 116