Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
W/W/19/Tow here, OD 1/14. My EDD moved back by 8 days, not a month. At the beginning of the month, the far end of my EDD range was Feb 16th, Tesla's system showed it coming out of production (expected VIN assignment) on 2/7. Now the far end of my EDD range is 2/24, and the completion of production is estimated on 2/15. I am picking up in Fremont, so there shouldn't be much of a logistics delay, but it's possible that I could be low priority since I'm local.
How do you see what Tesla’s system shows? 510 number isn’t really giving any details to me no matter how many times I ask for more details.

Would love to hear your thoughts on PPF: Will you add paint protection on Model Y - detailing shop owners, please stay away.
Yes!
I had it done to my M3 front bumper only, has PPF on rocker panels from the factory.
22 MY had the front bumper done and the lower parts of the doors due to pitting (shitty roads in Upstate NY), and I have an appointment to get the same done to 23 MY.
This photo kinda shows what the door and rocker panel looks like after 1 month of winter driving looks like. And I just washed the car by hand. It’s a shame them rockers get beat 😞

Attachments

• 165CA7C2-3FA2-4F34-A64E-6227093F09F0.jpeg
    165CA7C2-3FA2-4F34-A64E-6227093F09F0.jpeg
    672.3 KB · Views: 111
it’s a price to pay for not wanting to look exactly like every other white tesla out there
I seriously considered switching from white to red after the price cap was lifted simply because of the absolute ubiquity of it in the Bay Area, every other car on the road is a white Model Y, and it's going to get a lot worse when all of the post-price-cut orders are fulfilled. Ultimately I stuck with it because I like the way it contrasts the black trim and the tinted windows, and I really wanted the easiest exterior color to take care of since I do not have covered parking, my Model-Y will live its entire life baking in the California sun. I did spring for white seats though. My previous car was a red Corvette, so I'm going to appreciate the anonymity of the boring white crossover club.

Funny. In VA, we pay an extra fee if our car is "efficient" (I think it is over 30mpg) to register it and I believe it is even more for EVs. It's supposed to make up for the gas tax we don't pay or something...
That is true. Part of the gas funds road construction and maintainennce. In essence we do not pay for using the road hence the registration fee.

Reactions: TheSodaSaga
How do you see what Tesla’s system shows? 510 number isn’t really giving any details to me no matter how many times I ask for more details.
I have a very good relationship with my sale associate. I never bother texting them, they never respond that way. I visit them in person during dead hours when there are no customers and they are just bored anyway. I'm never pushy with them, just let them know I'm curious if they can see anything else on their end, and if not, no worries. I've talked to other employees at the same location and I get the same canned responses and dismissive non-answers as everyone else, so it really just depends. In general, if you don't have a specific reason to talk to them (like a credit app expiring or some other deadline) then just leave them alone and wait.

MYLR5 MSM/Black no changes
OD: 1/15 mid afternoon
EDD: Jan - Mar
EDD: 1/18: 2/14 - 3/22
EDD: 2/5: 2/8 - 2/22
VIN assigned 2/8: Austin Build
EDD 2/8: 2/19 - 2/26
Text to schedule delivery: 2/12
Scheduled Delivery: 2/22 (first available date in app)
Basically, it took 5 weeks from OD to delivery date.
I wish there was a little more info along the way so I didn't have to refresh all the time. I did freak out yesterday and called customer service to see if I could get an idea on when I would get the ability to schedule a delivery. After 90 minutes on hold, the call center person told me probably not until 2/15 or 2/16, so I think he was guess as much as I was since it came today instead of 3 days from now....

Do all the 2023 MYP's come with the Pirelli summer tires or has Tesla started including all seasons for deliveries in areas with snow?
Some MYPs are shipping with the A/S Michelin Pilot Sport tires. Not sure how Tesla decides which tires go on. I know last year there was no real rhyme or reason as people in CA, TX and FL sometimes got AS and people in snowy climates got Pirelli summers. You would think Tesla would actually make an effort to ship the AS to northern states and summers to southern but they certainly weren't when demand was through the roof last year. I haven't read too many reports from 2023. I remember reading one recently that got the AS in a northern state.

Reactions: Vomhorizon
Stopped by local SC today. 15 Y’s on the lot from a recent delivery. All from Austin. Exteriors all looked basically perfect. Only thing I noticed is that most had a tiny alignment issues with the back driver side door. Nothing that was concerning but enough to notice if you were looking for it, all other panels seemed to be aligned pretty much perfect as far as I could tell.

Reactions: Cyclone and geekfam
OD 1/16 (around 7PM ET). Delivery tasks completed by 9AM 1/17.
MYLR White/Black/19
EDD1: March 4-March 31
EDD2: February 20-March 20

Based on some of the other posts, I wouldn't be surprised to see my date slip a bit, especially because I got the cheapest MYLR possible. Hoping to still get the full tax credit but I'm pretty much committed at this point.

I stood in line before the local store opened to put down $1,000 and reserve a M3 almost 7 years ago. Ended up not getting the car due to a myriad of factors (finances, cost of first builds, tax credit expiring, etc..), so I can wait another few weeks.
Got my VIN today (4PM ET).
EDD3: February 26th-March 5th
Fremont build.
Hopefully the date doesn't slip!

Reactions: Destructis5150
I have a very good relationship with my sale associate. I never bother texting them, they never respond that way. I visit them in person during dead hours when there are no customers and they are just bored anyway. I'm never pushy with them, just let them know I'm curious if they can see anything else on their end, and if not, no worries. I've talked to other employees at the same location and I get the same canned responses and dismissive non-answers as everyone else, so it really just depends. In general, if you don't have a specific reason to talk to them (like a credit app expiring or some other deadline) then just leave them alone and wait.
Lucky you! In my case, I have an EDD that doesn’t really make sense but none of the agents have said anything non-generic so far.

I seriously considered switching from white to red after the price cap was lifted simply because of the absolute ubiquity of it in the Bay Area, every other car on the road is a white Model Y, and it's going to get a lot worse when all of the post-price-cut orders are fulfilled. Ultimately I stuck with it because I like the way it contrasts the black trim and the tinted windows, and I really wanted the easiest exterior color to take care of since I do not have covered parking, my Model-Y will live its entire life baking in the California sun. I did spring for white seats though. My previous car was a red Corvette, so I'm going to appreciate the anonymity of the boring white crossover club.
Some people have crazy ex-gf or ex-wife, so they have to get white Model Y to blend in

MYLR5 MSM/Black no changes
OD: 1/15 mid afternoon
EDD: Jan - Mar
EDD: 1/18: 2/14 - 3/22
EDD: 2/5: 2/8 - 2/22
VIN assigned 2/8: Austin Build
EDD 2/8: 2/19 - 2/26
Text to schedule delivery: 2/12
Scheduled Delivery: 2/22 (first available date in app)
Basically, it took 5 weeks from OD to delivery date.
I wish there was a little more info along the way so I didn't have to refresh all the time. I did freak out yesterday and called customer service to see if I could get an idea on when I would get the ability to schedule a delivery. After 90 minutes on hold, the call center person told me probably not until 2/15 or 2/16, so I think he was guess as much as I was since it came today instead of 3 days from now....
Pretty similar experience
Original Order:
OD: 1/15 Original EDD: 02/14-3/29
  • Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Pearl White
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Tow Hitch
VIN assigned 02/03. EDD changed to 2/19 - 2/26. Then nothing until today 02/12 asking me to schedule delivery. 02/22 was first available delivery date in app

Reactions: Destructis5150
Order Date: 2/4/2023
MYLR White/Black
Delivery Date was March 2nd - 14 April.
No VIN
updated today to April 23 - June 04

May cancel to wait for HW4 announced in Europe this week for S/X.. also my wife will lose the $7500 tax rebate..

Your Order

Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive

Pearl White Paint

19’’ Gemini Wheels

All Black Premium Interior

Five Seat Interior

Autopilot
Order Number

Stopped by local SC today. 15 Y’s on the lot from a recent delivery. All from Austin. Exteriors all looked basically perfect. Only thing I noticed is that most had a tiny alignment issues with the back driver side door. Nothing that was concerning but enough to notice if you were looking for it, all other panels seemed to be aligned pretty much perfect as far as I could tell.
The upper trim against the window, where the rear door meets the quarter panel?

I know a couple of people that have been pulled for no front LP on their teslas in VA.
Been pulled over in the my S's 3 times, usually in the first week, cause they wanted to check the car out. I now have a suction cup license plate, been working great for 2 years now. If it fails, I may just mount it on the passenger side visor...wife hates the short visors in my 2014 S anyway..