Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
W/W/19/Tow here, OD 1/14. My EDD moved back by 8 days, not a month. At the beginning of the month, the far end of my EDD range was Feb 16th, Tesla's system showed it coming out of production (expected VIN assignment) on 2/7. Now the far end of my EDD range is 2/24, and the completion of production is estimated on 2/15. I am picking up in Fremont, so there shouldn't be much of a logistics delay, but it's possible that I could be low priority since I'm local.
Yes. Is it the white the seats that may be causing the delay.
My order (placed on 1/15) was for MYLR MSM/White Interior/19" wheels.
EDD moved just once from the generic Jan-Mar to the current 2/16-3/23. (where it smugly sits despite constant refreshing)

I will be leaving the US on 2/24. Will be back on 3/13. Timing is perfect isn't it? Smack dab in the middle of the current EDD.
So, I may be screwed if I don't have a VIN received and delivery taking place before 2/25.
Increasingly looking like this is not going to happen. (sigh)
Completely stressed out now...

Wondering if I should place my order on hold (to preserve the pricing)?
Does anyone know how to do this? (I don't have a SA. My order was 100% online).

Sure. I did spend a lot of time looking through it, hope this helps others. IMO a screen protector and all seasons mats are a MUST. If you have kids, the kick protectors are a must also. Everything else is more optional (although the jack pads seem a must if you plan on doing any lifting due to the battery being at the base)

Spigen Tempered Glass Screen Protector [GlasTR EZ FIT] designed for Tesla Model 3 / Y Dashboard Touchscreen - Matte/Anti Fingerprint​

3D MAXpider All-Weather Floor Mats for Tesla Model Y 2021-2023 Custom Fit Floor Liners, Kagu Series (1st & 2nd Row)​

3D MAXpider Custom Fit Kagu Cargo Liner (Black) for 2020-2022 Tesla Model Y - Cargo Liner​

Carwiner Cup Holder for Tesla Model 3/Y 2021 2022 2023 Center Console Accessories Slot Slip Limit Clip Water Cup Hoder Insert​

EVandCAR Tesla Model 3/Y/S Leather Seat Back Protector, Wear-Resistant Car Kick Mats with Organizer Pocket, Set of 2​

Seven Sparta Charging Cable Holder with Chassis Bracket for Tesla Model 3 Model Y Model X Model S Charger Cable Organizer Tesla Accessories Car Wall Connector (Black)​

Spigen Console Organizer Tray (Carbon Edition) Designed for Tesla Model 3/Y with Smooth Slide Technology​

Basenor Tesla Model 3 Model Y Model S Model X Jack Pad Lifting Pucks Jack Lift Pad Adapter Tool with Storage Case(Protects Battery & Chassis) (4 Packs) Accessories​

BASENOR Tesla Model 3 Mud Flaps Splash Guards Winter Vehicle Sediment Protection 2016-2023(Set of 4)​

Tesla Model 3 Y S X Center Cap Wheel Cap Kit Lug Nut Cover Silver Matte (4 Hub Center Cap + 20 Lug Nut Cover) Tesla Accessories​

I've been thinking about screen protector but not too sure now. Why do you think screen protector is a must? The only reason I use screen protector for my phone is protection from drops. Are glare or fingerprints worse than iphones?

Hey All, love the information im getting. here is my order:

MYP Red/Black with tow
OD: 2/3 mid afternoon.
Finished the registration on the 5th, with Feb or March EDD.
Updated EDD on the evening of the 8th for Mar 6th thru Mar 31st
located in Ann Arbor, MI
That's consistent with each MYP order I've seen in that timeframe. I'm hoping that we'll all get a narrower window by next week. Meanwhile, Tesla is still running with "Feb-March" delivery window for the MYP..🤣

Thank you all for the feedback! You all make the TMC community awesome.

I took the car for a spin today, it is 100% the right bottom corner of the front windshield, passenger side. Driving around 40-60 with music on, it almost sounds like bad radio static coming from the front speakers under the windshield/dashboard. However, on the highway and ramping up to 70-80 with music off, it is very distinct - it sounds like high wind/air pressure forcefully passing through a tiny hole. It is distinctively too far forward to be just a side window. It was actually raining, and I tried to check but fortunately nothing wet inside that area from what I can see/feel. So far, windshield did not fly off, so that's also good news 😅

Assuming Tesla fixes the windshield/stained area, I am very pleased with my purchase so far. I know many of you are eagerly awaiting for yours as well, hang in it- its worth it!

Side note - kids LOVED the Tesla. They really like looking at the pano roof and the big screen. The kick covers were actually amazing, and it matched the seat itself (blocking off that plastic backpiece), so I highly recommend it even without kids. I'll post a quick impression in a few mins of all the accessories I bought.

" She said driving above 45mph she could hear outside noise on the front passenger side. Maybe not fully sealed?"
Just watched a vid by smallindiana (he started the white/white MY waiting room IIANM and just posted a video after taking delivery ) with the same symptom that your wife described . Seems it is likely just the window calibration.
here is the vid where he mentions it.

I believe that you are a-okay if you enter the issues within the 100 mile window, through the service to request in the Tesla app. You can keep driving it after the 100 miles! Please correct me if I'm wrong though

As long as you request the service through the app within 100 miles, you’re fine. It will have you upload pictures and or/ videos.

I was in the same situation. I requested service immediately after pick up for a scratch I noticed in the door. First available body shop appointment wasn’t for 2 months. I showed up to my appointment with about 3000 miles and they took care of it no questions asked.

Looks like the caulk they use to seal the windshield in place.
My passenger side door/window area was loud as well. The big rubber seal that runs on the whole door frame was not on all the way. I pushed as hard as I could to get it back on and sealed. I made a service apt for it, will find out Thursday if it fixed it or not.

I was told 24hrs or 100 miles, since I roll over my 100 miles just on the way home from the DC. SA wanted to do a service ticket before I left the lot and I said no because what if I notice something on the way home then I would have to do another ticket. I put in a ticket as soon as I got home. So there was 1 issue on the lot, 2 issues I noticed on the way home, and then 1 when I was detailing the car. Picked up the car on 2/7 service scheduled for 2/16. Once your appointment is scheduled, they will even text you and ask you if you have anymore issues with the vehicle since you scheduled your appointment and to add them to the ticket.
You can still drive your new Tesla! I’m guessing as long as you have reported your issues within that 100 miles you should be fine. Don’t worry too much, take the family for a ride in the Tesla 😊

OMG!!! :) Got a text with assigned VIN PA065xxx, built 1/27

MYLR5 W/B/20”
OD: 1/22
EDD: Jan-Mar
EDD: Mar 15-31 (updated 1/25 evening)
EDD: 2/16 – 3/2 (updated 2/5 am)
EDD: 2/11 – 2/18 (updated 2/10 pm after VIN)

The App said to upload insurance policy and make final payment now with only option to add bank account. I'd be uncomfortable to pay now without seeing the car. Texted the 510# for different payment option but haven't yet heard back.

I remembered reading from this forum that people were paying with Cashiers check at time of delivery. Please advise how were you able to do so?
Updates:

2/10 - VIN assigned
2/11 - scheduled home delivery with option for 2/13, 2,14, or 2/16. Once scheduled, received text to call local Tesla center. Turned out we’ve option to pick up from the center as soon as 2/11 afternoon but opted for the following day.
2/12 - took delivery with 9 miles on the odometer. Everything went smoothly 🥰 (was super nervous about the pickup). The only thing found was the gap on the left frunk that is a bit wider than the right. Of course he said is “within spec”. I’m going to log in a ticket anyway. We’ll do a more thorough inspection with checklist in the morning just to ensure we didn’t miss anything else.

Last edited:
Reactions: chobra and bgw210
Yes. Is it the white the seats that may be causing the delay.
My order (placed on 1/15) was for MYLR MSM/White Interior/19" wheels.
EDD moved just once from the generic Jan-Mar to the current 2/16-3/23. (where it smugly sits despite constant refreshing)

I will be leaving the US on 2/24. Will be back on 3/13. Timing is perfect isn't it? Smack dab in the middle of the current EDD.
So, I may be screwed if I don't have a VIN received and delivery taking place before 2/25.
Increasingly looking like this is not going to happen. (sigh)
Completely stressed out now...

Wondering if I should place my order on hold (to preserve the pricing)?
Does anyone know how to do this? (I don't have a SA. My order was 100% online).
You can call Customer Service at (888) 518-3752.

Rather than Super Bowl, I think it’s just a Sunday lack of general work.
Does Tesla let the room of monkeys who update EDDs have Sundays off???

monkey-and-computer-vector-3839045.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Yomanjm
Picked my MYLR White/Black 5 Fremont built this morning. During the inspection, we found a 10-inch crack inside the top glass at the corner of the passenger side (both side surfaces are smooth though so seems like the defective glass). See the attached picture below. It seems a common problem that the SA didn't show any surprise and said the top glass can be replaced by their service center. The SA helped me schedule a service appointment on Tuesday afternoon. Besides, the crack inside the top glass, we didn't see other defects and we are such low expectations of Tesla so we accepted the delivery and will send the car to the service center on Tuesday for repairs. Will see how it goes. What a bewildering car purchasing experience ever! Be awared!

InkedTeslaMYRL_TopGlassCrack-1.jpg

Picked my MYLR White/Black 5 Fremont built this morning. During the inspection, we found a 10-inch crack inside the top glass at the corner of the passenger side (both side surfaces are smooth though so seems like the defective glass). See the attached picture below. It seems a common problem that the SA didn't show any surprise and said the top glass can be replaced by their service center. The SA helped me schedule a service appointment on Tuesday afternoon. Besides, the crack inside the top glass, we didn't see other defects and we are such low expectations of Tesla so we accepted the delivery and will send the car to the service center on Tuesday for repairs. Will see how it goes. What a bewildering car purchasing experience ever! Be awared!

View attachment 906596
Doesn’t Tesla at some point prior the picking up by the customer not do their own inspection? This example and some of the others seem like they would be easy catches for a Tesla professional to catch prior to the new owner’s inspection.