Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been thinking about screen protector but not too sure now. Why do you think screen protector is a must? The only reason I use screen protector for my phone is protection from drops. Are glare or fingerprints worse than iphones?

I did not try to use the screen prior to putting on the screen protector (Tesla left their screen protector on, and we left it on up until we put ours in), so I cannot state personally. However, reviews I've read talked some glare.

My main logic behind a screen protector was simple - the Tesla is basically a very minimalistic vehicle, with almost everything functioning straight from that screen (or phone). In other words, that screen is the main way to interface with the entire vehicle, and it is what I will be staring at the most inside the vehicle, so I want to protect it whatever way I can. I don't even use a screen protector on my phone (just a phone case), but this was more important to me lol.

Reactions: tackoo
Sorry if this has been asked before. If I find an existing inventory car how do I change my ordered car to the existing inventory car? Is calling them the only way? Also will they honor the previous lower price when I ordered the car?

Sorry if this has been asked before. If I find an existing inventory car how do I change my ordered car to the existing inventory car? Is calling them the only way? Also will they honor the previous lower price when I ordered the car?
I was told by a SA that you have to call them in order to have your deposit applied to the new car as well as honoring the price that was current as of the original order date.

Reactions: bigboi
Ordered My Model Y late on the 16th, system says the 17th. Originally Jan - Mar, then Feb 4 - Mar- 4. On the 5th it changed to Feb 13 - Mar 13. We'll see what happens Tuesday. Still no VIN :(
I feel like mine was similar, what does the date on your order agreement say? I either ordered in PM on the 16th or the 17th, but the order agreement shows the 17th. Same state and EDD though.

UPDATE:
Received my MYLR and got to play around with some of these accessories, so just giving my quick opinion. Hope this helps.

1. Spigen Tempered Glass Screen protector - I don't do screen protectors on the phone often, so it took a bit of work. The instructions were easy, the glass came in a protective mold that assists you in the installation which was kinda cool. I made a few bubbles, but was able to get it out with the supplied wedge applicator. Overall, took about 10-15mins. Looks perfect afterwards, can't even tell I have a screen protector on. No glare so far, really like it (but its only been 1 day and a rainy one at that).

2. Maxpider all weather floor mats - We use this same brand for my wife's Honday Odyssey, so I was hoping quality would be as good. I actually purchased a different brand before this - Superliner or something, that was a decent amount cheaper, and it arrived and my wife said it felt hard and plasticky so she made me return it and buy the maxpider before the Tesla even arrived lol. We like the way it hugs the floor as if it came as part of the vehicle. My wife installed it, she said it was straight forward, took her like 5mins.

3. Maxspider cargo mat - Similar as above. The cargo mat has 2 flaps on the 2 sides where the extra storage is, but it kinda just falls into the hole so I am not sure why its there. I guess if we bought the storage bins from Tesla, this would cover it and make it look more uniform.

4. Carwiner Cup Holder - The instruction made me laugh so hard. It has 2 pictures, and basically just tells you to stretch out the middle piece so it would fit better. Did it a few times and it fit very well. I think it is weird that Tesla included the cup holder cushions for the rear middle armrest, but not for the main cup holders in front. Anyways, simple, easy to use and serves its purpose. It fits very well, almost looks like it came with the car...as it should have.

5. EVandCar Leather Seat Back Protector - This was a pleasant surprise. I highly recommend this, whether for kids or just for the looks itself. When we took it out of the package, it had a very strong odor so we left it in the garage to aerate for several days while waiting for our tesla. Installation took 5-10mins (I recommend moving the seats all the way back so it's easier to install). This covered the hard plastic backside of the front chairs. I have black interior, and this matched it so well, it looks like it came with the car. I actually kinda feel bad my kids are kicking this now instead of the hard plastic haha.

6. Seven Sparta Charging Cable Holder - Bought this because we are using a NEMA 14-50 and mobile charger instead of Tesla Wall Charger as our primary charging in the garage. I chose this one because lots of good reviews, but also it has a "dock" for the charging piece whereas the others on amazon did not. My only issue was that the big 240v outlet and the NEMA 14-50 plug combined was very thick, so the bracket that holds the TESLA piece is angled a bit closer to the wall. This should have been thicker coming out from the wall to match it (although this can be easily remedied by adding a small wood block in between the wall and that piece). Otherwise, simple installation and easy to use. Keeps the wires organized.

7. Spigen console tray - Again, bought this because I have used Spigen phone cases for years without issues. Quality of this was pretty good. I like the fact that you can slide it in and out, and it always stays tucked under the sliding cover. Simple, useful, easily recommended if you need something like this.

8. Basenor Jack pads - I haven't used this yet, not sure if I will. I bought this thinking I wanted to remove my gemini hubcaps and plastidip the wheels.

9. Basenor mudflaps - I haven't really looked at these. Honestly, I discovered that Tesla sells mudflaps after I already purchased these, and they're the essentially the same price. The only difference is basenor has 4 mudflaps and Tesla only comes with front mudflaps (2). I was already leaning towards returning these and just buying the Tesla OEMs. I wonder why Tesla only has 2 flaps though - are the rear mudflaps not really effective? Anyone with mudflap experience care to chime in?

10. Tesla Lugnut/Center cap - same reason as #8, so I haven't done much with these. I might pull off the Geminis and check these out and see. I was debating on buying the OEMs from Tesla that are silver/chrome-appearing, but then found out that they're plastic ($90 is a bit much for a few piece of plastic imo). Might keep this, might send it back - TBD.

Sure. I did spend a lot of time looking through it, hope this helps others. IMO a screen protector and all seasons mats are a MUST. If you have kids, the kick protectors are a must also. Everything else is more optional (although the jack pads seem a must if you plan on doing any lifting due to the battery being at the base)

Spigen Tempered Glass Screen Protector [GlasTR EZ FIT] designed for Tesla Model 3 / Y Dashboard Touchscreen - Matte/Anti Fingerprint​

3D MAXpider All-Weather Floor Mats for Tesla Model Y 2021-2023 Custom Fit Floor Liners, Kagu Series (1st & 2nd Row)​

3D MAXpider Custom Fit Kagu Cargo Liner (Black) for 2020-2022 Tesla Model Y - Cargo Liner​

Carwiner Cup Holder for Tesla Model 3/Y 2021 2022 2023 Center Console Accessories Slot Slip Limit Clip Water Cup Hoder Insert​

EVandCAR Tesla Model 3/Y/S Leather Seat Back Protector, Wear-Resistant Car Kick Mats with Organizer Pocket, Set of 2​

Seven Sparta Charging Cable Holder with Chassis Bracket for Tesla Model 3 Model Y Model X Model S Charger Cable Organizer Tesla Accessories Car Wall Connector (Black)​

Spigen Console Organizer Tray (Carbon Edition) Designed for Tesla Model 3/Y with Smooth Slide Technology​

Basenor Tesla Model 3 Model Y Model S Model X Jack Pad Lifting Pucks Jack Lift Pad Adapter Tool with Storage Case(Protects Battery & Chassis) (4 Packs) Accessories​

BASENOR Tesla Model 3 Mud Flaps Splash Guards Winter Vehicle Sediment Protection 2016-2023(Set of 4)​

Tesla Model 3 Y S X Center Cap Wheel Cap Kit Lug Nut Cover Silver Matte (4 Hub Center Cap + 20 Lug Nut Cover) Tesla Accessories​

I should have take a pic. It was the vertical alignment with the front door and panel behind. The most noticeable place where they didn’t meet up perfectly was the trim at the base of the windows, specifically where the front and back door trim meets.
Yeah, that’s the spot I was referring to. Tesla has a rear hard time getting that lined up on Ys. Many, many of them have the exact spot have a bit of a misalignment.

Reactions: WyoDude
Ordered My Model Y late on the 16th, system says the 17th. Originally Jan - Mar, then Feb 4 - Mar- 4. On the 5th it changed to Feb 13 - Mar 13. We'll see what happens Tuesday. Still no VIN :(
I feel like mine was similar, what does the date on your order agreement say? I either ordered in PM on the 16th or the 17th, but the order agreement shows the 17th. Same state and EDD though.
I had a similar thing happen to me (check my signature). I got assigned a VIN a few days after my EDD got pushed. That being said, my OD was 1/13 so things moved along faster for me ("faster" but still took a full month from OD and I take delivery in the next few days).

Reactions: drew212
UPDATE:
Received my MYLR and got to play around with some of these accessories, so just giving my quick opinion. Hope this helps.

1. Spigen Tempered Glass Screen protector - I don't do screen protectors on the phone often, so it took a bit of work. The instructions were easy, the glass came in a protective mold that assists you in the installation which was kinda cool. I made a few bubbles, but was able to get it out with the supplied wedge applicator. Overall, took about 10-15mins. Looks perfect afterwards, can't even tell I have a screen protector on. No glare so far, really like it (but its only been 1 day and a rainy one at that).

2. Maxpider all weather floor mats - We use this same brand for my wife's Honday Odyssey, so I was hoping quality would be as good. I actually purchased a different brand before this - Superliner or something, that was a decent amount cheaper, and it arrived and my wife said it felt hard and plasticky so she made me return it and buy the maxpider before the Tesla even arrived lol. We like the way it hugs the floor as if it came as part of the vehicle. My wife installed it, she said it was straight forward, took her like 5mins.

3. Maxspider cargo mat - Similar as above. The cargo mat has 2 flaps on the 2 sides where the extra storage is, but it kinda just falls into the hole so I am not sure why its there. I guess if we bought the storage bins from Tesla, this would cover it and make it look more uniform.

4. Carwiner Cup Holder - The instruction made me laugh so hard. It has 2 pictures, and basically just tells you to stretch out the middle piece so it would fit better. Did it a few times and it fit very well. I think it is weird that Tesla included the cup holder cushions for the rear middle armrest, but not for the main cup holders in front. Anyways, simple, easy to use and serves its purpose. It fits very well, almost looks like it came with the car...as it should have.

5. EVandCar Leather Seat Back Protector - This was a pleasant surprise. I highly recommend this, whether for kids or just for the looks itself. When we took it out of the package, it had a very strong odor so we left it in the garage to aerate for several days while waiting for our tesla. Installation took 5-10mins (I recommend moving the seats all the way back so it's easier to install). This covered the hard plastic backside of the front chairs. I have black interior, and this matched it so well, it looks like it came with the car. I actually kinda feel bad my kids are kicking this now instead of the hard plastic haha.

6. Seven Sparta Charging Cable Holder - Bought this because we are using a NEMA 14-50 and mobile charger instead of Tesla Wall Charger as our primary charging in the garage. I chose this one because lots of good reviews, but also it has a "dock" for the charging piece whereas the others on amazon did not. My only issue was that the big 240v outlet and the NEMA 14-50 plug combined was very thick, so the bracket that holds the TESLA piece is angled a bit closer to the wall. This should have been thicker coming out from the wall to match it (although this can be easily remedied by adding a small wood block in between the wall and that piece). Otherwise, simple installation and easy to use. Keeps the wires organized.

7. Spigen console tray - Again, bought this because I have used Spigen phone cases for years without issues. Quality of this was pretty good. I like the fact that you can slide it in and out, and it always stays tucked under the sliding cover. Simple, useful, easily recommended if you need something like this.

8. Basenor Jack pads - I haven't used this yet, not sure if I will. I bought this thinking I wanted to remove my gemini hubcaps and plastidip the wheels.

9. Basenor mudflaps - I haven't really looked at these. Honestly, I discovered that Tesla sells mudflaps after I already purchased these, and they're the essentially the same price. The only difference is basenor has 4 mudflaps and Tesla only comes with front mudflaps (2). I was already leaning towards returning these and just buying the Tesla OEMs. I wonder why Tesla only has 2 flaps though - are the rear mudflaps not really effective? Anyone with mudflap experience care to chime in?

10. Tesla Lugnut/Center cap - same reason as #8, so I haven't done much with these. I might pull off the Geminis and check these out and see. I was debating on buying the OEMs from Tesla that are silver/chrome-appearing, but then found out that they're plastic ($90 is a bit much for a few piece of plastic imo). Might keep this, might send it back - TBD.
1. Did you get the HD Clear Glass one or the Anti glare? I held back on ordering glass protector on the screen because I've watched videos and heard that regardless of brand, the "Clear Glass" ones cause more glare and the "Anti glare" ones cause the colors to be more dull due to being anti-glare.

5. I didn't think of this one so might pick those up (my MY has black seats so I don't know if I absolutely need this but I'l see).

7. The design looks great and I like how it has some grip at the bottom (I think?) so things don't slide around. I'm trying to find a good multi-piece set on Amazon so I can get everything but might just end up order things separately (maybe from same brand).

8. I thought plastidipping is only done on the wheel covers? I bought black 19 inch wheel covers for my MY and to install them, I just have to use my hands and strength to remove the default wheel covers and replace them with the wheel covers I bought (obv no jack pads needed).

9. I actually asked this question on here and also did some research/watched some videos. People have said to get the Tesla mudflaps (unfortunately it only comes with 2 for the front) because the way it's built and hopefully shouldn't cause any problems. Other 3rd-party ones might have different build design which could potentially cause issues/damage (even though it comes with 4).

Reactions: EpicNguyen