Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR Blue / Hitch / 19s
OD: 1/22
Profile Completion:1/23
1/23 1st EDD Jan-Mar
1/26: 2nd EDD 3/12-3/31
2/14: 3rd EDD 3/27-3/31

I just got this updated timeline... really hope They aren't just fudging that 3/31 estimate to try to keep it in Q1 artificially.
Unfortunately estimates like that are sort of fudged and Tesla is still hoping they can get you a car during EOQ rush. Tesla did this a lot back in November when they gave people estimates of Dec 29-31 way ahead of time. However, because demand dropped off a cliff in Nov/Dec we never got to see how many people would have got bumped into Jan. Tesla had so much excess inventory in December (even having to give big discounts) that most got their car by EOQ.

I saw another poster with 1/26 OD get an updated EDD today that is now Apr-May dates. He had a narrow EOQ March date range previously. But your order is earlier so still a chance you may get it by end of March. Fingers crossed.

EDIT: as I was typing I see another poster had 1/25 and now bumped into Apr-May.

My EDD just updated this morning around 6:30. I'm considering dropping the tow hitch to see if I can't get it sooner.

OD: 1/17
Original EDD: Jan-Mar
1/20 EDD: Feb 4 - Mar 4
2/5 EDD: Feb 13 - Mar 13
2/14 EDD: Mar 1-31

MYLR, MSM, black interior, 19", Tow Hitch

Seattle area

So I had MYLR order placed 1/26. I received a 3/20-3/31 EDD for the longest time with no change. Over the weekend I decided to see if change to a MYP it would move me up as a friend did this a few days earlier and they just got their VIN a week after changing to a MYP. I just got an update today with an EDD of 4/5-5/10!!! Did I just screw myself?
Seems all the late Jan orders got new EDDs today....many getting bumped into Apr-May. But I also see many of the LR to P switchers around early Feb have just now got updated EDDs much earlier than their LR EDDs. There is a chance your update is still based on your LR and you will still get a better MYP update next week (as they are just updating first week of Feb switchers).

Reactions: YisPatHere
So I had MYLR order placed 1/26. I received a 3/20-3/31 EDD for the longest time with no change. Over the weekend I decided to see if change to a MYP it would move me up as a friend did this a few days earlier and they just got their VIN a week after changing to a MYP. I just got an update today with an EDD of 4/5-5/10!!! Did I just screw myself?
Nope seems like the schedule just updated for a lot of folks (myself included) who did nothing..

Looks like I'm one of the many who got EDD updates today. I've now been narrowed to a 5 day window. Should I be happy or concerned?

MYLR MSM/Black/19"/5 seat
OD: 1/20 (early afternoon)
Original EDD: Jan - March
Updated EDD: 3/11 - 3/31
Updated EDD 2 (2/14): 3/26 - 3/31
Central North Carolina
No VIN