Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You must have a VIN already, no? My understanding is because all MYAWD (SR) are selected out of inventory and not on the custom order page that VIN is assigned right away. I know that the most recent inventory dump of the MYAWDs were still scheduled to be built Feb 16-20 so my guess is if yours is still to be built this week you will get your more accurate EDD as soon as it is built.
I spoke to SA and found that none of MYAWD / MYSR are built yet. Not sure about the accuracy of this information but she said that there's a reason that the E in EDD stands for estimate :(
Additionally, I asked if I can modify my order to go for 7 seats - she said I can but this will put me at the back of the queue although I don't know what the queue looks like right now. She also mentioned that I should look out for more accurate EDD range in the next week or so as that'll be a sign that VIN is about to be assigned.
Now I'm thinking of waiting for another week or so to gauge how long it might take for them to deliver MYSR. Keeping my fingers crossed that the tax credit stays till 31st March and the car is delivered before that

I recall reading a comment that someone posted on this forum that he was told by a SA that any orders place from that date forward would not be fulfilled until after Q1. I think it was posted sometime around 1/23. Unfortunately, it appears that it may be an accurate statement.

By the way, there was a tremendous spike in orders from 1/12 to 1/18. For this mad rush, an order date of 1/23 is 'late to the game'.
So Tesla must have update their website next day not till 02/14. I contacted local store before ordering mine. Elon like to rob people on false advertising. Best way to cash money with false advertising delivery between Jan - Mar.

Hello Fam,

Well, I picked up my baby (MYLR) at the local Tesla shop here in Cherry Hill, NJ. It was a beautiful sunny day and they had my name on the dashboard waiting for me. I did a thorough inspection before handing the SA my check and accepting delivery. I found one small scratch that they willingly buffed out for me. Absolutely no panel gaps issues and all doors, truck and frunk close perfectly. They also gave me a brief run down on the console center and synced my phone. Then, I headed home. The process was so smooth and no rush to inspect vehicle. To my surprise it came with the cargo cover in the back as you can see in the photos. Of course, coming from Fremont the Matrix lights were included. No mud flaps, but I put my own on. Let me tell you the ride is wonderful with the Comfort Support suspension on the 19s. I have been driving it around the last few days and the one peddle driving is easy to get use too. Below are some sexy pics for you guys to enjoy. For those of you still waiting for your car, trust me, the wait will be well worth it. The drive, comfort, acceleration, sound system, etc… will blow your mind! 😀👍 PS: Front license plate was included with J1772 adapter.

D2D93634-7AB2-4DC0-9314-03BEF19DF9C0.jpeg

4D03E7B3-8347-45E5-9C20-02BF98A9366F.jpeg

669C88B4-CBA4-44DA-888D-968D4F277A1D.jpeg

2D8C60DE-83A1-40B7-8336-39959A63135E.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello Fam,

Well, I picked up my baby (MYLR) at the local Tesla shop here in Cherry Hill, NJ. It was a beautiful sunny day and they had my name on the dashboard waiting for me. I did a thorough inspection before hand the SA my check and accept delivery. I found one small scratch that they willing buffed out for me. They also gave me a brief run down on the console center and synced my phone. Then I headed home. The process was so smooth and no rush to inspect vehicle. To my surprise it can with the cargo cover in the back as you can se in photos. Of course, coming from Fremont the Matrix lights were included. No mud flaps, but I put my own on. Let me tell you the ride is wonderful with the Comfort Support suspension. I have been driving it around the last few days and the one peddle driving is easy to get use too. Below are some sexy pix for you guys to enjoy. For those of you still waiting for your car, trust me, the wait will be well worth it. The drive, comfort, acceleration, sound system, etc… will blow your mind! 😀👍 PS: Front license plate was included with J1772 adapter.
That looks awesome! It's very similar to our order which will also be arriving at the Cherry Hill Showroom. Wife wanted the black interior and we also got the tow hitch. Good to know about the included charger J1772 adapter although in my zeal to prep for our MYLR I bought one (along with the mobile charging kit, a CCS adapter and the wall charger 🤦‍♂️).

Did you check out the New Jersey EV rebates yet? I think you can get up to $2K

Thanks for sharing. Be seeing you around the area at some point in the future!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: geekfam
That looks awesome! It's very similar to our order which will also be arriving at the Cherry Hill Showroom. Wife wanted the black interior and we also got the tow hitch. Good to know about the included charger although in my zeal to prep for our MYLR I bought one (along with the mobile charging kit, CCS adapter and the wall charger 🤦‍♂️).

Did you check out the New Jersey EV rebates yet? I think you can get up to $2K

Thanks for sharing. Be seeing you around the area at some point in the future!!!!
he never mentioned a charger :p

• Informative
Reactions: erktrek
I spoke to SA and found that none of MYAWD / MYSR are built yet. Not sure about the accuracy of this information but she said that there's a reason that the E in EDD stands for estimate :(
Additionally, I asked if I can modify my order to go for 7 seats - she said I can but this will put me at the back of the queue although I don't know what the queue looks like right now. She also mentioned that I should look out for more accurate EDD range in the next week or so as that'll be a sign that VIN is about to be assigned.
Now I'm thinking of waiting for another week or so to gauge how long it might take for them to deliver MYSR. Keeping my fingers crossed that the tax credit stays till 31st March and the car is delivered before that
MY will qualify for full credit after March. Checkout my previous thread to get details.

I spoke to SA and was informed that the production of MYSR hasn't yet started - she might have meant that the production of my MYSR hasn't started so I asked again and she confirmed again that no MYSR have been produced. Is this accurate?

Additionally, I was informed that the batteries used in MYSR are all built in US so I suppose this would qualify for the 7.5k federal tax credit even post March? Can someone confirm this?

Lastly, she said

Awesome! What was your OD?
All My will continue qualify including the MyAWD
For the ones who worries about battery requirement impact on tax credit, I would say no worries for MY.
Besides the possibility of IRS to delay the guidance, the MY BATTERY will fully qualify for IRA's requirement based on my study of it.
First half is major battery component made in north America, as Panasonic 2170 are made in Gifa factory 1 and battery pack also assembled there, so it's safe for it to bypass the 50% value increased in NA.
ANOTHER half is battery major material sourced from free trade countris of US. Most people believe this is unsure for MY battery. However, if you read the IRS white paper last Dec, you will know how the GOV is trying to lower the std for more car dealers to qualify! It treat major material source by 50% increase value happens either in mining country OR processing country! Just consider Li in the battery, MY battery Li is mined from Australia which is US free trade partner, then it can safety pass 40% threshold!

Credit go to
(It however a Chinese video but it contains all support doc for my summary)

Reactions: SamY_MYLR
Noobie here. Been lurking for weeks, been wanting to like quite a few of the posts in this thread (thanks guys, awesome posts!!) but it looks like I need to post something before I see the button/link to like a post.

Here is my info

MYLR5/White/Black/Gemini/No add-ons

OD: 1/23 5PM (pdf received at 5:03PM says OD is 1/24)
EDD1: Jan - Mar (Initial)
EDD2: Apr 01 - May 13 (01/25)
EDD3: Mar 10 - Mar 31 (02/05)
EDD4: Mar 21 - Mar 31 (02/14)

Hello Fam,

Well, I picked up my baby (MYLR) at the local Tesla shop here in Cherry Hill, NJ. It was a beautiful sunny day and they had my name on the dashboard waiting for me. I did a thorough inspection before handing the SA my check and accepting delivery. I found one small scratch that they willingly buffed out for me. Absolutely no panel gaps issues and all doors, truck and frunk close perfectly. They also gave me a brief run down on the console center and synced my phone. Then, I headed home. The process was so smooth and no rush to inspect vehicle. To my surprise it came with the cargo cover in the back as you can see in the photos. Of course, coming from Fremont the Matrix lights were included. No mud flaps, but I put my own on. Let me tell you the ride is wonderful with the Comfort Support suspension on the 19s. I have been driving it around the last few days and the one peddle driving is easy to get use too. Below are some sexy pics for you guys to enjoy. For those of you still waiting for your car, trust me, the wait will be well worth it. The drive, comfort, acceleration, sound system, etc… will blow your mind! 😀👍 PS: Front license plate was included with J1772 adapter.

View attachment 907659
View attachment 907660
View attachment 907662
View attachment 907663
👍