Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spoke to SA and was informed that the production of MYSR hasn't yet started - she might have meant that the production of my MYSR hasn't started so I asked again and she confirmed again that no MYSR have been produced. Is this accurate?

Additionally, I was informed that the batteries used in MYSR are all built in US so I suppose this would qualify for the 7.5k federal tax credit even post March? Can someone confirm this?

Lastly, she said

Awesome! What was your OD?
OD was Feb 3.

So Electrek is reporting that the Model Y's have been completely sold out for this quarter? Guess I did not make the cut got pushed to the end with an OD of 01/28...

To clarify for those who many not know, "sold out" simply means that they can no longer deliver vehicles ordered today (Feb 15) by the end of the quarter (Mar 31). It doesn't mean that they've stopped producing Model Ys. You can still order one at any time - just don't expect it to arrive before Mar 31 unless you happen to match an inventory or rejected vehicle.

I would think that this also suggests that most orders placed before today (Feb 15) should deliver before the end of the quarter (Mar 31) barring any unforeseen delays.

Last edited:
To clarify for those who many not know, "sold out" simply means that they can no longer deliver vehicles ordered today (Feb 15) by the end of the quarter (Mar 31). You can still order a Model Y at any time - it just won't arrive before Mar 31.

This also suggests that orders placed before today (Feb 15) may deliver before the end of the quarter (Mar 31) barring any unforeseen delays.

I took this to mean it won't be built until April as the manufacturing "slots" are filled from orders earlier than 1/28 or so... this would explain why my EDD shifted to April 19 - May 31.

From the article..
Tesla has sold out the Model Y for the quarter in the United States with no more production builds until April, even though we are just halfway through the quarter.

I took this to mean it won't be built until April as the manufacturing "slots" are filled from orders earlier than 1/28 or so... this would explain why my EDD shifted to April 19 - May 31.

From the article..

That's quite possible - they didn't say when they ran out of slots - it could have been today or a week ago, but I would think it would be fairly recent (days instead of weeks) or they would have made this announcement earlier. Musk said a few weeks ago that orders were coming in at roughly twice the rate of production. If that's still true, then it would make sense that they "sold out" exactly halfway through this quarter. I still believe that most orders place before today as long as they haven't been changed and as long as they are one of the more popular builds will deliver before the end of March. But, maybe that's just wishful thinking. I know my way around automobiles, but I'm new to Tesla, so I could be rambling a bunch of nonsense. :D

Reactions: erktrek
Ouch. Several of us here who ordered our MYP in early Feb and received the 03/4 - 03/31 date. Mine still says that with a 02/03 OD. Looks like it may change for the worst.
Yes that is concerning... I have the same specs: MYP W/W and seeing it shift out to 4/5-5/17 wouldn't be good. I have an order in for an R1T, so it's a race to see which one I'll get first. I'll be cancelling the late one.

That's quite possible - they didn't say when they ran out of slots - it could have been today or a week ago, but I would think it would be fairly recent (days instead of weeks) or they would have made this announcement earlier. Musk said a few weeks ago that orders were coming in at roughly twice the rate of production. If that's still true, then it would make sense that they "sold out" exactly halfway through this quarter. I still believe that most orders place before today as long as they haven't been changed and as long as they are one of the more popular builds will deliver before the end of March. But, maybe that's just wishful thinking. I know my way around automobiles, but I'm new to Tesla, so I could be rambling a bunch of nonsense. :D

Yeah I was guessing about the "when" part since my OD was 1/28 and folks here with 1/25 and earlier seem to have Feb-March deliveries still listed.

• Helpful
Reactions: zroger73
Yeah I was guessing about the "when" part since my OD was 1/28 and folks here with 1/25 and earlier seem to have Feb-March deliveries still listed.
hopefully you still get your car by march. I think the people that ordered in Feb. are the ones that are actually going to get pushed back. I think people with order dates 1/25 and before are starting to get vins..i read a lot of them getting. vins today so hopefully yours will come soon.

Reactions: erktrek