Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hopefully you still get your car by march. I think the people that ordered in Feb. are the ones that are actually going to get pushed back. I think people with order dates 1/25 and before are starting to get vins..i read a lot of them getting. vins today so hopefully yours will come soon.
Thanks for that and I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed🤞but I think I just missed the boat on that as did the Feb people but we'll see - the EDD had originally updated to March 20-March 31 then shifted again. Who knows how orders are processed - probably a combination of first come, first serve + region/showroom + quantities but dunno..

I'm beginning to suspect the website and ordering page are out of sync with the factory slots and only get updated periodically as orders settle. That means placing an order could give you a false sense of "hope" as it did for me. At the end of the day am not worried and will happily take delivery whenever.

Reactions: Ckim0510
Noobie here. Been lurking for weeks, been wanting to like quite a few of the posts in this thread (thanks guys, awesome posts!!) but it looks like I need to post something before I see the button/link to like a post.

Here is my info

MYLR5/White/Black/Gemini/No add-ons

OD: 1/23 5PM (pdf received at 5:03PM says OD is 1/24)
EDD1: Jan - Mar (Initial)
EDD2: Apr 01 - May 13 (01/25)
EDD3: Mar 10 - Mar 31 (02/05)
EDD4: Mar 21 - Mar 31 (02/14)
I was wondering how to get the like button to show up! TY ❤️

hopefully you still get your car by march. I think the people that ordered in Feb. are the ones that are actually going to get pushed back. I think people with order dates 1/25 and before are starting to get vins..i read a lot of them getting. vins today so hopefully yours will come soon.
Seems like 1/25 OD are seeing EDDs right around the end of March. Hopefully there are no delays.

Reactions: Ckim0510
I am officially not worried about the tax credit after todays news that Tesla is helping open their chargers to other brands. Last thing the government wants to do is piss off Tesla and have them remove this partnership they just created. Don’t freak out. Everyone will be fine.
Agree heavily on this.

My predictions:
-
$7500 tax credit will still remain for MY after March
- Tesla will continue to raise prices (could even be close to original prices before huge discounts) for MY which should keep people who ordered at a good price locked in so they don't cancel
- Above point will have people buy as the prices are continuously rising due to FOMO until it goes back to original prices (both scenarios still get federal tax credit as the "discount")
- Tesla will prob slightly lower M3 RWD prices (and potentially other cars that aren't selling as much as MY) to lower existing inventory as they are working on the new stuff coming later in 2023/early in 2024

• Love
Reactions: TheSoleLender
My OD was 1/23 and my EDD pushed from March to 4/11-5/23 😭
I think it’s just a general shuffling of orders.

My current view is something like those coin sorters.

All the coins come in an orderly line (similar to our reservation number). The coins themselves are random-ish (our trim/option selection).

As each column (batch) fills to the top, that gets processed. In the sorter, you stop it and pull out the column to pack into paper rolls (or close up the roll if it’s already there). For cars, they get put in some processing order.

Unlike a coin sorter, our orders can be changed. Which means if someone’s order no longer matches whatever separates the batch, then it gets taken out and stuffed into the matching batch.

That means, if you continue to go by “batch fill” timing, some batches end up waiting for something else and delayed, while another batch gets counted as filled and put in whatever processing order. The more automated this is, the more timing counts.

Batch 1’s last order was #387 and batch 2’s last order was #380, so b2 gets to go first. Suddenly order #268, in b2, gets changed and shuffled into b1. B1’s “last” order becomes #384 (387 gets kicked out and the one before it is the last now) and b2’s is #386 (380 is no longer last as it needs one more to fill it, with 386 being the next one that matches), so now b1 gets processed before b2.

Obviously, I’m just throwing numbers for this example and it might not even be anywhere near what is actually done… but hey, something to think about.

Last edited:
Noobie here. Been lurking for weeks, been wanting to like quite a few of the posts in this thread (thanks guys, awesome posts!!) but it looks like I need to post something before I see the button/link to like a post.

Here is my info

MYLR5/White/Black/Gemini/No add-ons

OD: 1/23 5PM (pdf received at 5:03PM says OD is 1/24)
EDD1: Jan - Mar (Initial)
EDD2: Apr 01 - May 13 (01/25)
EDD3: Mar 10 - Mar 31 (02/05)
EDD4: Mar 21 - Mar 31 (02/14)
Same config, SoCal, OD 1/16 evening, one the contract 1/17 5 am. EDD Feb 22- Mar 22 no vin.

I think the location does matter a lot. There is a certain capacity of shipment and resources for each destination. Here, someone with OD 1/18 got their delivery scheduled in Sacramento. Only difference, they had 20 inch tires.

Reactions: erktrek and JL-SD
My OD was 1/23 and my EDD pushed from March to 4/11-5/23 😭
I don't want to give you false hope or anything, but my EDD (OD: 1/23) was also 4/1-5/13 for 10 days (from 1/25 to 2/5). Then it changed back to March.

So there is always a chance it could move back to March, there is enough time for at least a few more EDD changes for us, so hope for the best!!