Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR Blue/Black/19/
OD: 02/03
EDD1: FEB-MAR
EDD2: MAY-JUN

Found a match in Ohio and reserved it for $250, having it shipped for pickup. I was worried but the easiest part was getting a SA to add the new car (with VIN) to my old RN number to get original pricing. In place of the normal "transport fee" they are using my "extra" $250 I used to reserve the ohio car.
Whom did you work with to have it shipped from OH to AL? And, the transport fee is just $250?

Why can a car be restricted to be only registered in those states?
Depending on state there will be different registration requirements (especially for new cars), but bordering states will often waive different reqs for purchasing in neighboring states and allow dealers there to remote register new vehicles. I live in SE Michigan and people regularly dip down to Ohio for cars and vice versa.

Reactions: Yomanjm
That looks awesome! It's very similar to our order which will also be arriving at the Cherry Hill Showroom. Wife wanted the black interior and we also got the tow hitch. Good to know about the included charger J1772 adapter although in my zeal to prep for our MYLR I bought one (along with the mobile charging kit, a CCS adapter and the wall charger 🤦‍♂️).

Did you check out the New Jersey EV rebates yet? I think you can get up to $2K

Thanks for sharing. Be seeing you around the area at some point in the future!!!!
Thanks my friend. We are Cherry Hill Showroom brothers. 🤣🤣 I started with the black interior but just loved the way the white interior Popped. I was hooked on the white. Like you, I also got the wall charger installed. I choose ChargePoint to get the NJ incentives with PSEG So installation was free. Also, they took the 2k right off the point of sale for me which was great. And unlike some, we pay no taxes on the vehicle due to the incentive program here in NJ. I just have to buy CCS1 adapter.

What is your EDD? Model? 👍

Reactions: Teasler and erktrek
What day did it update to Mar-May? Is it just Mar-May or specific dates? I have seen many times in the past that the EDD goes to the vague month dates (usually corresponding to the new order range) shortly before the VIN is assigned. I think usually people get their VIN within 24hrs of that happening when that is the cause. So that is an optimistic view of your situation as I've seen it happen many times before.
It happened around 2/13. It was specific dates in the past now it's just Mar-May. That's encouraging the vagueness might be a good sign :) Thanks.