Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR White/Black 20 inch wheel.
OD 1/20
I had a Kia EV6 on order since May 2022 with no idea when I would get a car. I hadn't considered Model Y till the price dropped due to the price difference. 1/15 I scheduled demo drive for 1/27. 1/20 decided to go to showroom and look at the car. Went home and placed the order 1/20 at 8pm CST, did the demo drive on 1/27. EDD 3/4-3/31. Got my VIN and schedule delivery on 2/14. With everything I am reading I assume my car is one that someone didn't take delivery of. I am picking up my car today.
I believe it is a new car, 20in wheels aren’t that popular as MYP is 2k more than that.

Does anyone know what MY models have the 4680 Battery or does this vary depending on where the vehicle is built?
There is a MY model that Tesla name Model Y AWD. It is using 4680 batteries. It is only made in TX. You can't order it through Tesla.com. Every week or two Tesla dumps a bunch into inventory and you can order from there. Last week they dumped 300 cars and all are now sold.

If you order a MYLR or MYP it will have 2170 batteries regardless of factory.

You can sign up for inventory alerts through waitingfortesla.com to find out when the next dump happens.

MYAWD has lower range than LR. 279 vs 330. It is currently $4K cheaper than LR.

MYLR5/W&B/19''
OD 01/21
EDD3 03/25-03/31
VIN Not yet assigned

Just out of curiosity, opened my Tesla account in debug mode in Firefox and saw below info, is this my VIN number, if yes, then it looks from Fremont ;)

/**
* Request Callback.
* Form:
* - tesla_request_callback_form
* Url:
* - /inventory/callback/5YJXCAE4XGF****** (removed last six numbers)
That is a Model 3 VIN "5YJ". MY VIN should start with 7SAY

May I know how you managed to get that shipped to Alabama? Is it to your local Tesla service center or your home? When you say SA, do you mean service agent? Do we have any contact # or email?

There is no dealers in Alabama. Nashville, Memphis or Atlanta are our closest. Its getting transferred to Nashville from Ohio and Ill pick it up there. Yes I have a Service Advisor at the Nashville location. I have not even ever waited on hold for more than 5 minutes. They don't give out extensions or anything, they just give you the main number. press 1 -> press one again -> say purchase inventory -> and it connects you

MYLR White/Black 20 inch wheel.
OD 1/20
I had a Kia EV6 on order since May 2022 with no idea when I would get a car. I hadn't considered Model Y till the price dropped due to the price difference. 1/15 I scheduled demo drive for 1/27. 1/20 decided to go to showroom and look at the car. Went home and placed the order 1/20 at 8pm CST, did the demo drive on 1/27. EDD 3/4-3/31. Got my VIN and schedule delivery on 2/14. With everything I am reading I assume my car is one that someone didn't take delivery of. I am picking up my car today.
Wow - my OD was 1/15 and my scheduled delivery is 2/24.

I was waiting for cybertruck but I am about 500,000 in line. When MY price dropped, I got good offer on my 2022 Santa Fe PHEV and figured now is good time to get MY. Maybe will trade my minivan for the cybertruck when time comes

Got my VIN today via TXT PF692 Fremont build. Delivery to NY Mt. Kisco. Asking SA for build date.

OD 1/16 (Tesla doc has 1/17)
MYLR5 W/B/19"/Tow (Changed to W/B from B/B with TXT 510# to SA few days after OD)
EDD1 (1/18) 2/12-3/19
EDD2 (2/5) 2/19-3/19
EDD3 (2/17) 3/3-3/10
VIN (2/17) PF692

PS Tesla app requires insurance showing Tesla VIN number at least here in NY. So, my current insurance does not look like enough for pick up. I have Geico but going to check a few other options before deciding

After the order do I have to do anything else? because I've seen people after ordering that they have to do some things on their account inside the car order
You should download the Tesla ap and login. There under a pic of the car you ordered, it should say "complete your tasks to avoid delays in delivery". Click the "complete" button and it'll take you to where you complete registration information, any trade in, financing info. And eventually scheduling, insurance and final payment.