Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My fingers are crossed just as yours is. I did the same selling the car I drive to a private buyer. $4,500 more than what Tesla was offering. I might have to ride my Vespa for shopping.
Tesla offered my BIL $19,500 for his '19 Civic Sport Touring with 30K. He sold it to a Kia dealer this week for $23,500. He paid $26,500 for it.

Tesla offered me $28,500 for my '21 Ridgeline RTL-E. I expect to get around $35,000 for it, but I haven't decided who I'm going to sell it to yet.

Any one received their VIN for OD 1/19.
i got my vin for OD 1/25......it was assigned two days ago and the SA reached out saying that it is in transit on a train ...I was very appreciative for them to let me know that...I guess once you get your vin you have a specific SA that will automatically give you updates without you bothering them? responses have been farily prompt too..

Reactions: ev4robert
NYLI here
I had GEICO - they wanted $800 extra per year for switching to MY -
I ended up switching to State Farm (I already had home policy). After bundling, I will pay same premium as I used to (for non-MY), with higher limits, compared to GEICO.
check statefarm and or progressive. with state farm has a lot of coupons and discounts they can apply. Idk if its because my best friend works for state farm and just gave me the hookup but i would definitely check into it. I already uploaded my insurance card to the app. GA requires proof of insurance with tesla VIN on there as well.

• Informative
Reactions: msinfo and DKS37
My OD also 1/26 (evening so they called it 1/27 (Tucson)
Initial EDD: Feb-Mar, then updated to 3/16-3/31 a few days later and has stayed there since.
No VIN

Seeing a bunch of folks who ordered around 1/15-1/17 getting VIN's this week. Really hoping mine doesn't get pushed out as some have into May as we leave AZ for ME in May and that would require cancelling my order and "trying" to find a hybrid or something somewhere on a dealer lot which would really suck! I sold our vehicle last week since Tesla's trade offer sucked so bad ($9K more selling privately). Will just have to do grocery shopping a little more often on my motorcycle! :cool:

What number did you call to speak with a live person? As far as tax, most states would waive the sales tax if you show residency in another state. It all comes down to where you register it... they're gonna get you there for sales tax. Sometimes you have to file a waiver of sorts in the other state that says you'll pay sales tax in your home state.
I also live in Arizona. My MYLR OD is 1/18 (1/19) with current EDD of 3/12 -3/31. Just thought I'd share this as another data point.

I hope you get your car in March. Moving is stressful enough without having to deal with another significant issue.

Maybe there's a sliver lining -- pehaps Maine has better local EV incentives than what is available in AZ.

Tesla offered my BIL $19,500 for his '19 Civic Sport Touring with 30K. He sold it to a Kia dealer this week for $23,500. He paid $26,500 for it.

Tesla offered me $28,500 for my '21 Ridgeline RTL-E. I expect to get around $35,000 for it, but I haven't decided who I'm going to sell it to yet.
Dealerships want used cars now, and certain dealerships have more liking to specific kind of vehicles. Take it from one dealership to the other and be ready to walk out if the deal doesn't suit you. Tesla offered me 34.1K for my car, kbb instant cash offer was 36.5K, private party excellent value was 41K, while very good value was around 39K for private party. Eventually, I sold it to a dealership for 39K. A bit of patience and readiness to not fall for a not-so-win deal will eventually get you the best price for your used car.

Reactions: zroger73
I also live in Arizona. My MYLR OD is 1/18 (1/19) with current EDD of 3/12 -3/31. Just thought I'd share this as another data point.

I hope you get your car in March. Moving is stressful enough without having to deal with another significant issue.

Maybe there's a sliver lining -- pehaps Maine has better local EV incentives than what is available in AZ.
Hey Robert, Yeah, I wonder if it would be worth talking with an SA and see if they could register it in Maine (insurance is 1/2 the cost of AZ) but deliver it to Tucson.

Reactions: ev4robert
i got my vin for OD 1/25......it was assigned two days ago and the SA reached out saying that it is in transit on a train ...I was very appreciative for them to let me know that...I guess once you get your vin you have a specific SA that will automatically give you updates without you bothering them? responses have been farily prompt too..
lol, getting responses from mine has been like molasses in winter. but the delivery center I'm picking up from in Ohio seems to be a busy one. Don't know if that actually makes a difference or if its just a call center somewhere. That said, their answers have thus far been on point. I'll take accurate info slowly over inaccurate/quickly any day.

check statefarm and or progressive. with state farm has a lot of coupons and discounts they can apply. Idk if its because my best friend works for state farm and just gave me the hookup but i would definitely check into it. I already uploaded my insurance card to the app. GA requires proof of insurance with tesla VIN on there as well.
nah, switched to statefarm (in Michigan) and got a good rate even before i agreed to the bundle and got an even better one. second best was AAA. but it was a DISTANT second.

Reactions: msinfo
Good for you. I ordered 1/16 w/b but 19 inch rims. Still waiting. EDD Feb 27-Mar 6. Austin build and build date was midnight today. If I knew rims make wuch a difference I would get 20.
Yes well I was expecting to get it later due to the rims being the 20 all black. But seems that everyone is different. Color, rims, tow hitch, and car seat color all makes a difference.
FYI: I was recommended to get a car alignment as soon as I get the car to guarantee even tire wear.

I got my tesla wall connecter installed today. Now it’s sinking in that i will have my car in a couple of weeks. If you are planning to get a wall connector and youre in the atlanta (gwinnett area) hit up Arc Angel Electric. The customer service was spectacular and quality of work top notch. They even warranty their work... P.S. i thought i was going to have conduit showing on the wall for the install but he made it to where there was no need for conduit. Clean look. I was very impressed.
was the panel close by or they had to pull the wire from the panel far away like in a basement?

check statefarm and or progressive. with state farm has a lot of coupons and discounts they can apply. Idk if it’s because my best friend works for state farm and just gave me the hookup but i would definitely check into it. I already uploaded my insurance card to the app. GA requires proof of insurance with tesla VIN on there as well.
Can you share your State Farm agent that you worked with in the Atl area ?

Got excited by a 510 text this morning that started "Great News!" thinking I got my VIN but then it says "We expect your Model Y VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks. Review and finalize your registration, trade-in, and financing details in your Tesla app." Of course I already did all those things last month when I ordered.

But being the usual kind of person that haunts these forums I did what any of us would do, and searched previous posts of people getting that same text and then averaged how long until they actually got their VIN. And here's the crazy part: it's 1-2 weeks 😆. The quickest I saw someone get it was the next day, but most people get the VIN within 7-9 days or so of that text. The longest I saw someone wait for a VIN after that text was 11 days.

Carry on...

OOD: 1/22 MLYR Blue/Black/Tow
Upgrade: 2/3 MYP Blue/White/Tow
Current EDD: Feb 23-Mar 23

I got my tesla wall connecter installed today. Now its sinking in that i will have my car in a couple of weeks. If you are planning to get a wall connector and youre in the atlanta (gwinnett area) hit up Arc Angel Electric. The customer service was spectacular and quality of work top notch. They even warranty their work... P.S. i thought i was going to have conduit showing on the wall for the install but he made it to where there was no need for conduit. Clean look. I was very impressed.
How much to install

There might not be a logic for delivery sequence…….

Still app shows EDD 4/5 - 5/17, but today I got a text message saying “We expect your Model Y VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks. Review and finalize your registration, trade-in, and financing details in your Tesla app.”

Reactions: hp1234