Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got excited by a 510 text this morning that started "Great News!" thinking I got my VIN but then it says "We expect your Model Y VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks. Review and finalize your registration, trade-in, and financing details in your Tesla app." Of course I already did all those things last month when I ordered.

But being the usual kind of person that haunts these forums I did what any of us would do, and searched previous posts of people getting that same text and then averaged how long until they actually got their VIN. And here's the crazy part: it's 1-2 weeks 😆. The quickest I saw someone get it was the next day, but most people get the VIN within 7-9 days or so of that text. The longest I saw someone wait for a VIN after that text was 11 days.

Carry on...

OOD: 1/22 MLYR Blue/Black/Tow
Upgrade: 2/3 MYP Blue/White/Tow
Current EDD: Feb 23-Mar 23
Just got the same text also

Welp, was all excited to finally pick up my car on Sunday morning… saw the call come in thinking it was to finalize details but instead it was “During our QC check we found that the lift gate was damaged during shipping and so we won’t be able to release the car to you.” 😩😩😫😫😖😖
So now here I am waiting on another VIN. I feel like I’m starting all over again!

Welp, was all excited to finally pick up my car on Sunday morning… saw the call come in thinking it was to finalize details but instead it was “During our QC check we found that the lift gate was damaged during shipping and so we won’t be able to release the car to you.” 😩😩😫😫😖😖
So now here I am waiting on another VIN. I feel like I’m starting all over again!
Ouch! What a let down! Hope they fast track you at least and pull the next matching car off the line!

Got excited by a 510 text this morning that started "Great News!" thinking I got my VIN but then it says "We expect your Model Y VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks. Review and finalize your registration, trade-in, and financing details in your Tesla app." Of course I already did all those things last month when I ordered.

But being the usual kind of person that haunts these forums I did what any of us would do, and searched previous posts of people getting that same text and then averaged how long until they actually got their VIN. And here's the crazy part: it's 1-2 weeks 😆. The quickest I saw someone get it was the next day, but most people get the VIN within 7-9 days or so of that text. The longest I saw someone wait for a VIN after that text was 11 days.

Carry on...

I got text as well but it didn't say my VIN will be assigned in 2 weeks. May take time for my VIN then.

Reactions: mvr1127
lol, getting responses from mine has been like molasses in winter. but the delivery center I'm picking up from in Ohio seems to be a busy one. Don't know if that actually makes a difference or if its just a call center somewhere. That said, their answers have thus far been on point. I'll take accurate info slowly over inaccurate/quickly any day.
absolutely...maybe there are more SA in my area. I know there are four different service centers all within 45min to 1 hr distance from each other.

Can you share your State Farm agent that you worked with in the Atl area ?
Mark Miller
State Farm Agent
6035 Peachtree Parkway
Suite B
Peachtree Corners, GA - 30092
Available By Phone 24 Hours (EST)
In Office Monday - Friday
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Phone: (770) 242-4008

*he is the boss. but when you call that number just ask for Aaron he will take good care of you. tell him i sent you

Question on insurance through Tesla. I got my insurance thru Tesla approved on the same day I placed order for my MYP on 2/10. Looks like my car will arrive toward end of March if not later. How many days the approved insurance will be valid? If the car takes longer than 30 days for delivery, do I have to redo the insurance?

Carry on...

I did not get one of those texts. My EDD changed to a two week window and about 3 days later I received a VIN and a text about the vin.

What a mess....
So, I got the VIN, then two quick text to schedule delivery shortly afterwards yesterday. I then started (for the second time) the process for trade-in.

Today, I get two more text to schedule delivery, with the second additionally saying I need to schedule by tomorrow or it'll be reassigned, etc. All while I'm waiting for approval from Tesla themselves.

I'm like... "What the heck man, I'm TRYING!!!!!"

:eek:

Question on insurance through Tesla. I got my insurance thru Tesla approved on the same day I placed order for my MYP on 2/10. Looks like my car will arrive toward end of March if not later. How many days the approved insurance will be valid? If the car takes longer than 30 days for delivery, do I have to redo the insurance?
should be able to push back the start date pretty easily (at least a couple months) I have my insurance already (state farm) set to start at the beginning of my edd period but theyll push it back for me up to 3mos. have done similar with other insurers in the past.

Reactions: stlgrym3

Carry on...

Lol. I got the same message. OD 1/14 LR/blue/BLK/19/ tow. Upgraded to P 2/8 with EDD 2/17-2/26. It's been moving up by one day last this week.