Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently have a '22 Tucson Hybrid insured with Nationwide for $74.88/mo. Quote for the new MYLR is $74.93/mo. (I don't know where I'll get the extra 5 cents a month!) Liberty Mutual quoted $136.50/mo. Tesla quoted $56.01/mo.
5 cents?!? Thats too much, drop 'em!!

Honestly, I want to try out Tesla insurance, but they ding you for night driving. I mean, I'm a night owl and my work is delivery in the evenings. Granted, I might be able to get home from work before the 10 pm start of their night window on most nights, but not always. So... NOT COOL, MAN!

Reactions: dimitriz
Me either - only one MYLR showing up right now.. in TN.. uh built yesterday? Is that possible?
Quite possible, and even likely. When a custom order gets cancelled and it's already been loaded for transport, it drops into available inventory. They list it right away to minimize the likelihood that it sits at the destination too long waiting on a buyer. When I switched my order to a MYLR from inventory on 2/15, it was showing a build date of 2/14, and the SA told me they're expecting it to arrive on 2/27.

Reactions: erktrek
Quite possible, and even likely. When a custom order gets cancelled and it's already been loaded for transport, it drops into available inventory. They list it right away to minimize the likelihood that it sits at the destination too long waiting on a buyer. When I switched my order to a MYLR from inventory on 2/15, it was showing a build date of 2/14, and the SA told me they're expecting it to arrive on 2/27.
Ah so while it's not actually delivered it's added to inventory - got it. Makes sense. There seems to be this game being played by Tesla and their customers where inventory is constantly being cycled through with people changing their custom orders in order to take delivery sooner and then their original order will get put in inventory and so on..

MYLR White/Black, 19" Wheels, no options
OD: 1/22
EDD: Jan - Mar
EDD2: March 16 - 31 (changed on 01/25)
EDD3: March 11 - 31 (changed on 02/05)

On Feb 17, found exactly same trim in OH. Contacted to SA to check if it can be rerouted to TN, but it can't be rerouted anywhere. So we decided to go and pick it up in Cleveland, OH.
Same day got vin assigned (PF693***).

Now EDD: 3/2-3/9.

Interestingly, Tesla web-site was showing that car can only be resisted in certain states (no TN), but SA said that there won't be any issues and all registration paperwork will be sent to Tesla office in Nashville.

MYLR White/Black, 19" Wheels, no options
OD: 1/22
EDD: Jan - Mar
EDD2: March 16 - 31 (changed on 01/25)
EDD3: March 11 - 31 (changed on 02/05)

On Feb 17, found exactly same trim in OH. Contacted to SA to check if it can be rerouted to TN, but it can't be rerouted anywhere. So we decided to go and pick it up in Cleveland, OH.
Same day got vin assigned (PF693***).

Now EDD: 3/2-3/9.

Interestingly, Tesla web-site was showing that car can only be resisted in certain states (no TN), but SA said that there won't be any issues and all registration paperwork will be sent to Tesla office in Nashville.
I did the same thing on 2/15 (Blue/White/19/5 PF689***). My EDD is showing 2/26 - 3/23, but the SA in Cleveland who swapped my order said it's expected on 2/27 with delivery available within a few days after that. Maybe I'll see you there!

Okay... We ordered two Model Y Long Range, one white, one midnight silver metallic, around noon on 1/14. It was the day after the price drops. We are in the Bay Area CA, 15 minutes from the Fremont factory.

My family member took delivery of the white one on 2/6, 23 days after ordering.
For the Midnight Silver one however.. no VIN assigned yet, and the original estimation given was 2/1, which has been slipping since. A week once, then by 1 day every day with ~1 week delivery window. Yesterday, it was 2/17-2/26, and just this morning, it slipped another week, and now 2/19-3/5.

OD : 1/4/23
Model Y Long Range
Midnight Silver Metallic
19" Gemini
Black Interior
5 Seater

Are they just pumping out the white ones for now? Unfortunately, based on the timeline of the white car, and the initial estimated delivery window, we got the financing ready, but it will expire next Tuesday. Looks like I will have to run a hard credit again...whenever the car comes, at a higher interest rate.

That’s amazing! Happy to hear it’s cheap to insure. Thank you
The state and location in state seem to matter as well. Ball park numbers I have received from State Farm and Farm Bureau are around 1400-1700 a year. Of course without an actual VIN they are just that ball park.
That is Comprehensive with a low $100 deductible on things like Glass replacement

Those low quoted rates above are amazing.

We could have passed on the tow hitch (we'll be using it mostly for bikes) but having it done as an aftermarket thing seems kind of iffy due to all the craziness with deliveries and servicing at the service center. Kind of painful because we miss out on a $2K NJ rebate. For us not worth the hassle and potential downtime versus the savings..
Tow hitch is a $1000 add one to a Tesla build and $1300 for parts and labor after delivery. This includes adding a software setting to put the car in tow mode. The OEM hitch fits inside the bumper cover and is completely covered when not in use. I would be surprised if you could get a quality non-OEM hitch and pay to install it for a lower price. DIY install is not easy because you have to remove the bumper cover. Just search YouTube and you will see what I mean.

Reactions: erktrek
Okay... We ordered two Model Y Long Range, one white, one midnight silver metallic, around noon on 1/14. It was the day after the price drops. We are in the Bay Area CA, 15 minutes from the Fremont factory.

My family member took delivery of the white one on 2/6, 23 days after ordering.
For the Midnight Silver one however.. no VIN assigned yet, and the original estimation given was 2/1, which has been slipping since. A week once, then by 1 day every day with ~1 week delivery window. Yesterday, it was 2/17-2/26, and just this morning, it slipped another week, and now 2/19-3/5.

OD : 1/4/23
Model Y Long Range
Midnight Silver Metallic
19" Gemini
Black Interior
5 Seater

Are they just pumping out the white ones for now? Unfortunately, based on the timeline of the white car, and the initial estimated delivery window, we got the financing ready, but it will expire next Tuesday. Looks like I will have to run a hard credit again...whenever the car comes, at a higher interest rate.
Same issue…
OD 1/14 MSM/W/19
EDD pushed to 2/20 - 3/20
TWFCU loan expiring on 2/28.

Chargers is installed and got all accessories.

What a mess....
So, I got the VIN, then two quick text to schedule delivery shortly afterwards yesterday. I then started (for the second time) the process for trade-in.

Today, I get two more text to schedule delivery, with the second additionally saying I need to schedule by tomorrow or it'll be reassigned, etc. All while I'm waiting for approval from Tesla themselves.

I'm like... "What the heck man, I'm TRYING!!!!!"

:eek:
Did you schedule pickup yet?

Got VIN today (Saturday)
Delivery request 15 min after. What the heck???
Fremont pickup
Farthest delivery date I can push is next Thu 2/23

Need to finalized loan, Tower
Just uploaded MVPA and POA
Tower closed today, Sunday, and Monday is holiday.

I’ll call them Tuesday, hope they can finalize in 2 days.

I currently have a '22 Tucson Hybrid insured with Nationwide for $74.88/mo. Quote for the new MYLR is $74.93/mo. (I don't know where I'll get the extra 5 cents a month!) Liberty Mutual quoted $136.50/mo. Tesla quoted $56.01/mo.
I got quotes by my ins co. I new that it was to low. I Called back gave them a vin of 22 MYP for sale on autotrader. It went from a $100 increase to $600 with vin I have a 12 month policy. It was expected as this is replacing a 18 camry. Not bad as it’s $100 a month with a bundle for my region that’s a bargain.

Did you schedule pickup yet?

Got VIN today (Saturday)
Delivery request 15 min after. What the heck???
Fremont pickup
Farthest delivery date I can push is next Thu 2/23

Need to finalized loan, Tower
Just uploaded MVPA and POA
Tower closed today, Sunday, and Monday is holiday.

I’ll call them Tuesday, hope they can finalize in 2 days.
i wish i had that problem where they want me to schedule right after vin. its looking like i will have to wait two weeks . Vin assigned 2/15 EDD 3/4-3/11 but hopefully gets here sooner than that. everything is ready to go.