Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will try to remember to ask him if he would pass me in the event I installed 8awg on a 50 amp breaker if I showed him in the app where I had manually reduced the output of the charger to a 40amp max....
I would not go that route with an inspector. Just my $0.02 worth. If you install a 50Amp breaker and let's say TWC tries to pull 60Amps it will flip the breaker. So, I don't think the argument about configuring TWC for higher power after inspection stands here.

Canada will not pass a TWC connected to a circuit rated for less than 48 amps continuously because the charger CAN be reconfigured to pull that much current.

A TWC connected to a 50A breaker using 6/2 Romex or 8 AWG THHN won't pass in Canada, but it will in the US.

I don't think that's true. The states typically reference the national electric code on this, which requires selecting a breaker size for 80% continuous rated load. For 48 amps continuous charging load, that means a 60A breaker. A 50A breaker should fail inspection if the inspector knew what he was doing.

I don't think that's true. The states typically reference the national electric code on this, which requires selecting a breaker size for 80% continuous rated load. For 48 amps continuous charging load, that means a 60A breaker. A 50A breaker should fail inspection if the inspector knew what he was doing.
That is another site of the coin but good point nevertheless.

Thats the hope but MYP orders from a week or more ahead of your (same as mine) OD have not received VIN's so we cannot rule out an EDD change to late March to April even for MYP's ordered early February..just as it happened to several MYLR orders last week.
They want to crush q1 earnings. I can’t imagine they will be deliver cheaper cars over a higher margin vehicle in the MYP vs MYLR. My guess is the get all Jan MYLR and FEB MYP ordered before feb 10 delivered be 3/31

They want to crush q1 earnings. I can’t imagine they will be deliver cheaper cars over a higher margin vehicle in the MYP vs MYLR. My guess is the get all Jan MYLR and FEB MYP ordered before feb 10 delivered be 3/31
That's the generally accepted position in that the MYP gets priority hence (part of the reason) the sooner delivery dates for it compared to MYLR. That obviously doesn't mean that we'll get our vehicles within the date range specified on our first EDD though there's a good chance.Tesla is still telling new MYP customers (those who ordered today) that Q1 deliveries are possible :)

question: How many vehicles does Austin produce in a day?
I was assigned a VIN on Thursday PA0626XX I Read this morning one of the members got assigned a VIN PA077XXX my math tells me thats around 14,314 difference in sequence My vehicle comes with 15 miles on the odometer. This concerns me that my assigned Model Y was possibly a reject unless Austin really does produce this many vehicles within two or so days.
My delivery appointment is today at 12 noon. Any and all input would be appreciated.
Mine is assigned yesterday morning with PA077xxx which also shows 15 miles. It's probably some kind of standard way, may be it has much lesser than that.

Reactions: TheSodaSaga
updated

MYLR Black/Black 5 seater w/ 19" gemini wheels
texas delivery

od: 1/18 am
edd: 3/17 - 3/31

1/31
edd: 2/18 - 3/18

2/20 late afternoon
vin received
PA06XXXX

available pick up dates
2/20 - 2/24
chose 2/24
I think you may have ordered it from one of the last few MYLR dates that would still get delivery in about 30 days. Hope the delivery goes smooth.

Reactions: fredzos
Apparently, inventory means yet to be built.
That depends on the trim. The MYAWD (i.e., 4680 batteries) can't be custom ordered ATM, so they show up in inventory as soon as they are scheduled to be built. MYLR and MYP that show up in inventory OTOH are either cancelled or rejected orders that are already built and are somewhere between the factory and the destination SC.

Reactions: dion009
Hi everyone! Longtime follower here posting for the first time…

I placed an order for a MYLR after the huge rush on 2/7. Watched this forum for awhile and took note of the delays in delivery for people who ordered weeks before me but that was to be expected.

Long story short - I received a text on 2/15 (almost a week after ordering) stating that I had been assigned a VIN from Fremont and then a few minutes following that to schedule for delivery. I couldn’t believe it!

Just picked up my car today and LOVE IT. No issues with panel gaps or interior quality. It was confirmed through text that if I saw any issues with the car to create a service ticket to address within 24 hrs / 100 miles.

Note that I do live in the Bay Area (CA) and must have been lucky when they made a black batch with white interior. My car does come with the adapter, trunk cover and matrix lights.

Hope some others get lucky like me 😊

Attachments

• 1881A8A4-603D-46BD-8FA5-5557081A0B6E.jpeg
    1881A8A4-603D-46BD-8FA5-5557081A0B6E.jpeg
    492 KB · Views: 162
  • DCDE2D48-4733-40D8-98EE-7238810067A0.jpeg
    DCDE2D48-4733-40D8-98EE-7238810067A0.jpeg
    288.4 KB · Views: 85

I placed an order for a MYLR after the huge rush on 2/7. Watched this forum for awhile and took note of the delays in delivery for people who ordered weeks before me but that was to be expected.

Long story short - I received a text on 2/15 (almost a week after ordering) stating that I had been assigned a VIN from Fremont and then a few minutes following that to schedule for delivery. I couldn’t believe it!

Just picked up my car today and LOVE IT. No issues with panel gaps or interior quality. It was confirmed through text that if I saw any issues with the car to create a service ticket to address within 24 hrs / 100 miles.

Note that I do live in the Bay Area (CA) and must have been lucky when they made a black batch with white interior. My car does come with the adapter, trunk cover and matrix lights.

I sense there are people tearing their hair out across the country.

Mine is assigned yesterday morning with PA077xxx which also shows 15 miles. It's probably some kind of standard way, may be it has much lesser than th
question: How many vehicles does Austin produce in a day?
I was assigned a VIN on Thursday PA0626XX I Read this morning one of the members got assigned a VIN PA077XXX my math tells me thats around 14,314 difference in sequence My vehicle comes with 15 miles on the odometer. This concerns me that my assigned Model Y was possibly a reject unless Austin really does produce this many vehicles within two or so days.
My delivery appointment is today at 12 noon. Any and all input would be appreciated.
Mine was produced 1/24 in Austin; delivered 2/9; VIN PA064XXX; 15 miles.

Reactions: rrr_land

Oh wow and here we are with mid Jan order dates still waiting for Vin...:)

Reactions: erktrek
I sense there are people tearing their hair out across the country.
👆👆👆This!!!!👆👆👆

Tesla hates New Jersyians for some inexplicable reason or maybe not so inexplicable.. 🏭🏭🏭🤬🤣

kidding but frustrated and also happy that others are able to get their vehicles in a timely fashion - the market in California has really taken off which is ultimately good for everybody.

Reactions: WyoDude and Teasler
I looked for the post, but couldn't find it. I want to THANK yo to the person who posted some info that vehicles in Cleveland OH are eligible to be registered in certain states and IN is one of them. I put the Cleveland zip code and clicked on "See Early Delivery Options for 44124" on the Tesla web site as if ordering a new one. Initially, I ordered Model Y Long Range White on White - all other standard config to stay within $55K limit on 1/30 at my Indiana Tesla office. We had two choices - red or white, but a must was white interior. However, long story short - I found a Red exterior with white interior and 20 inch induction wheels showing up at the Cleveland location. Since the cap for 5 seater was increased to $80K for potential tax credit, it was an easy decision to switch. Sent a message to the 510 number and got a response to call my local Tesla office. I immediately called my Tesla rep and he was able to get the vehicle for me! Within minutes, I got the a VIN assigned and now estimated delivery is showing Mar 2 - 9. Just keeping my fingers crossed. Anyway, THANK you to the person who posted the information (I think it was either at this thread or another around Thu this week) and thank you to the Forum (I am glad that I joined). Otherwise, I would be waiting until April-Jun. I am blessed and counting my blessings. Wanted to share this if anyone else can be benefitted. Good luck!

Original order: 1/30 Model Y 5 seater Long Range W/W - all other standard config.
All pre-work completed: 1/31
Estimated delivery date: Mar 22 - 31 (kept checking everyday few times if VIN is assigned :))
Changed EDD on 2/14 to Apr 14 - May 12 (it was heart breaking to see the date got pushed out instead of getting a VIN :()
[Sent a message to the 510 that Tesla should have known better to estimate the EDD in the web site when prices were reduced...]
Found Red exterior with White interior and 20" wheels in Cleveland OH on 1/17 and local Tesla rep acquired it for me
VIN assigned on 1/17 (Fremont build)
New EDD on 1/17: Mar 2 - 9
Completed insurance info. Now waiting on delivery date confirmation....
Again, good luck to you all and I hope and pray that the tax credit is extended or remains the same at least until June.

Why does the installation manual suggest you can use lower breakers? I am not an electrician and certainly not a code inspector but the TWC says it can run on a circuit as low as 15 amps (configurable in the app as others have mentioned, but still).

• If installing for less than maximum power, refer to local electrical code to select correct conductors and ground wire size that are suitable for the chosen circuit breaker.

Last edited:
Reactions: zroger73