Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s awesome! Glad that post helped somebody out. It’s been frustrating watching so many cars go through Cleveland in my “local” Pittsburgh searches. There is one with my exact build in Cleveland right now, but my SA said it can’t be moved to PA. Something about hard plate requirements in PA meaning PA registrations have to happen in PA. Seems nuts that it is 1.5 hours away and they won’t move it to be registered here in PA. I even offered to pay another destination fee for the transfer. @greenearth2129 are they bringing your car to Indiana or do you have to pick it up in Cleveland? My SA said that “Currently, inventory vehicles can not be transferred between sites.” Pretty sure that is BS though, as I’ve read several people getting that done. So back to waiting…at least my EDD is still where it was since 2 days after OD on 1/16: Feb. 25 - March 31, but no VIN yet. (MYLR 7 W/B)
Hi slyderz3,

Thanks. I think I read somewhere that the restriction of cross-state-border has something to do with the fact that Tesla does not have dealerships like other auto-makers, as they are selling directly to consumers. Different states have varying contracts with Tesla, I guess, which is making it difficult to get cars from another state that are restricted to certain states only.

Now, you asked a $300 question - "are they bringing the car to Indiana or do I have to go to Cleveland to pick it up". When I spoke with the sales advisor on Friday during the confirmation, I asked this question. He said he will see what he can do. The car was not on Cleveland Tesla showroom lot, and apparently it was in production. Not sure if it had already been shipped to Cleveland or not. I actually stopped by Indiana Tesla office on Sat as the office was about to close. My service advisor asked me to send a message to the 510 number about this, which he will follow up today and get back to me. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they are able to change the shipment (if not already shipped) to Indiana. The reason it is a $300 question is that is what I see will cost me to Uber from Indiana to Cleveland :).

Lastly, are you the person who posted the Cleveland zip code and the fact that there are cars showing up in Cleveland inventory, but you can't get them as PA doesn't allow it? If you are - I do not know how to thank you - a sincere and heartfelt thank you!

Reactions: slyderz3
I looked for the post, but couldn't find it. I want to THANK yo to the person who posted some info that vehicles in Cleveland OH are eligible to be registered in certain states and IN is one of them. I put the Cleveland zip code and clicked on "See Early Delivery Options for 44124" on the Tesla web site as if ordering a new one. Initially, I ordered Model Y Long Range White on White - all other standard config to stay within $55K limit on 1/30 at my Indiana Tesla office. We had two choices - red or white, but a must was white interior. However, long story short - I found a Red exterior with white interior and 20 inch induction wheels showing up at the Cleveland location. Since the cap for 5 seater was increased to $80K for potential tax credit, it was an easy decision to switch. Sent a message to the 510 number and got a response to call my local Tesla office. I immediately called my Tesla rep and he was able to get the vehicle for me! Within minutes, I got the a VIN assigned and now estimated delivery is showing Mar 2 - 9. Just keeping my fingers crossed. Anyway, THANK you to the person who posted the information (I think it was either at this thread or another around Thu this week) and thank you to the Forum (I am glad that I joined). Otherwise, I would be waiting until April-Jun. I am blessed and counting my blessings. Wanted to share this if anyone else can be benefitted. Good luck!

Original order: 1/30 Model Y 5 seater Long Range W/W - all other standard config.
All pre-work completed: 1/31
Estimated delivery date: Mar 22 - 31 (kept checking everyday few times if VIN is assigned :))
Changed EDD on 2/14 to Apr 14 - May 12 (it was heart breaking to see the date got pushed out instead of getting a VIN :()
[Sent a message to the 510 that Tesla should have known better to estimate the EDD in the web site when prices were reduced...]
Found Red exterior with White interior and 20" wheels in Cleveland OH on 1/17 and local Tesla rep acquired it for me
VIN assigned on 1/17 (Fremont build)
New EDD on 1/17: Mar 2 - 9
Completed insurance info. Now waiting on delivery date confirmation....
Again, good luck to you all and I hope and pray that the tax credit is extended or remains the same at least until June.

greenearth2129

I am also from Indiana :), my OD is 01/21 for MYLR 5 / White & Black with no extras, current EDD is 03/25 - 03/31.

Did you pay extra for making changes to your original order and any additional charges for getting vehicle from Cleveland, OH

for the folks that ordered week of 1/18, I think we will start getting better dates. I had a 1 month window of 2/17-3/18 for the longest time but yesterday it updated to 3/1-3/15 which shrinks it down to 2 week window. I. also upgraded on 2/3 to myp.
Hopefully thats true but certainly not a given.. my order was a week+ later OD 1/28. First had the generic Feb-March EDD then updated to a 2 week window of March 20-31 THEN got shifted to April 19 - May 31. All bets are off at this point. I think Tesla is in chaos/scramble mode due to the sudden demand.

MYLR: Grey/Black,19" tires,tow hitch.

Reactions: Antique_High80
for the folks that ordered week of 1/18, I think we will start getting better dates. I had a 1 month window of 2/17-3/18 for the longest time but yesterday it updated to 3/1-3/15 which shrinks it down to 2 week window. I. also upgraded on 2/3 to myp.
I certainly hope so as my OD is 1/18 with EDD of 3/12 - 3/31 where it's been for about three weeks. MYLR, B/W, no options.

greenearth2129

I am also from Indiana :), my OD is 01/21 for MYLR 5 / White & Black with no extras, current EDD is 03/25 - 03/31.

Did you pay extra for making changes to your original order and any additional charges for getting vehicle from Cleveland, OH
Hi fishers,

Good question: so, I ordered on 1/30 when the base price was $53,490 (+$500 after the base for Model Y Long Range 5 seater was reduced to $52,990). Tesla kept the base price as $53,490 even though it was increased another $1,500 to $54,990, which it is now. However, I did have to pay additional $4,000 ($2K for the red exterior + $2K for the 20 inch induction wheels).

Literally, as I was tying this, I got a message back from the 510 number that the car will be coming to Indy! So, I am relieved as I do not have to travel to Cleveland. Just wait for the delivery. Good luck to you. You ordered 9 days before me and I hope you get yours by March as your EDD hasn't moved. My EDD moved from last week of March to Apr-May on 1/14.

I see some people mention that they got an email or text a week or two before they get a vin. Is that the norm or will vin get updated with out advance notice
My VIN and the email indicating I received my VIN are close together. I tried to call Tesla insurance to get a quote for my new MY but they said to wait until I got a firm delivery date. Also, I am still waiting on my MVPA from Tesla.

Reactions: fightinghippo

hopefully you should be getting vin soon.

i ordered mylr on 1/18.

vin received this past saturday afternoon and picking up this week.

Hi fishers,

Good question: so, I ordered on 1/30 when the base price was $53,490 (+$500 after the base for Model Y Long Range 5 seater was reduced to $52,990). Tesla kept the base price as $53,490 even though it was increased another $1,500 to $54,990, which it is now. However, I did have to pay additional $4,000 ($2K for the red exterior + $2K for the 20 inch induction wheels).

Literally, as I was tying this, I got a message back from the 510 number that the car will be coming to Indy! So, I am relieved as I do not have to travel to Cleveland. Just wait for the delivery. Good luck to you. You ordered 9 days before me and I hope you get yours by March as your EDD hasn't moved. My EDD moved from last week of March to Apr-May on 1/14.

Thank you so much greenearth2129 for sharing info.

Do you mind me asking local SA name who helped you.

Does any have an idea of when in March the credits could change? My delivery date was pushed out to 3/1-3/29. I was happy at first that it was still in March thinking we have until the end of March. But then realized that everything just says March on the credit jargon which could be the 1st or really any day. Now I'm worried again I will either miss the credit or it will be half.

Vin Assigned 2/14

edd updated 2/28-3/7

Delivery appointment notice 2/20

will be delivered at 2/28

2/7, i changed to MYP with basic option

Original OD : 1/18 for MYLR with basic optio
Edd : FEB22-MAR22
changed to MYP at 2/6 night. Edd is sam

Dang, I changed to MYP basic option on 2/3 and still don't have a VIN...

My original OD of MYLR is 1/15.

This one hurts my head, do they not make identical cars in order?

Does any have an idea of when in March the credits could change? My delivery date was pushed out to 3/1-3/29. I was happy at first that it was still in March thinking we have until the end of March. But then realized that everything just says March on the credit jargon which could be the 1st or really any day. Now I'm worried again I will either miss the credit or it will be half.
Nobody knows, that’s the $3750 question! My personal feeling is they will honor all orders made before 3/1 or extend until April or end of year. They can’t push the green agenda and take away the bribes. Plus Biden loves Ford and gm and wants them to be competitive.

Thank you so much greenearth2129 for sharing info.

Do you mind me asking local SA name who helped you.
Hi, believe it or not - there are five sales advisors with first name 'Nick' at the Indiana Tesla office. The one we've been working with is Nick Foley. However it was another Nick (I didn't get his last name - I think he is the manager) who actually changed my config to match the Cleveland Tesla and confirmed my VIN. (history: I sent a message on Thu night about the match and I got a response that night to call the local Tesla office. Knowing that the office isn't open until 10:00am, I called around 8:30am and the other Nick took my call and made the change!)

Best wishes!

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: fredzos