Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
did you try messaging the number you got a order confirmation from? because I texted them and then I got a email after an hour.
It is strange since we don't even have a EDD we are totally clueless with the VIN number lol
Yeah. They’ll let me know more when they know more. It’s just bullshit these were listed as “existing”. I would’ve built an LR had I known…

Reactions: BailMY and dion009
So here's an update on my status that hasn't been updated at all lol

MYLR White/Black/ 5 seat/ 19"/ No tow (Poor man's build)
OD: 1/23 Morning
Original EDD: Jan-Mar
Updated EDD (1/25): 3/17 - 3/31
Updated EDD again (2/5): 3/10 - 3/31
2/11 Got upgrade text changed color to blue
New build MYLR Blue/Black/ 5 seat/ 19"/ No tow (no change to EDD)
current EDD still 3/10 - 3/31

Reverted to checking the app only 20 times a day rather than 100 times a day LOL

No VIN yet
Inland Empire, SoCal

For those (like me) who live on the East coast, ordered a MYLR in January, and are still seeing an EDD that indicates delivery by the end of March, what do you think the timeline would have to be for the production of the vehicle to make that date? My current EDD shows March 26-31. I'm thinking that to deliver the vehicle to me in NC by the 31st, the vehicle would have to go into production no later than sometime during the first full week of March. That takes into consideration vehicle assembly time, QC inspection, loading it onto a train, transferring it to a truck, getting it to the delivery center, and then the time it takes the delivery center to prep it for customer delivery. I'm trying to determine a realistic VIN assignment date for my 1/20 order assuming my EDD doesn't move out.

Is it pretty normal for delivery scheduling to happen immediately after VIN assignment? As opposed to getting assigned a VIN and still

I see a lot of custom builds but any one who ordered the AWD model Y (279 range) from Inventory which said "coming soon" ?
I was just checking the inventory randomly and I found a MYAWD (not a LR or P) which was at 51,990 and it said "coming soon to"
MYAWD BLUE/BLACK/GEMINI 5SEAT
OD- 02/09 (VIN ASSIGNED THE SAME DAY)
EDD- TBD
02/16 - received an email saying "your tesla has been built and is on its way"
EDD as of today still says TBD.

when I asked the advisor he said there is not estimated delivery date but when it will be closer you will be notified in the APP.
anyone else in same situation?
Same here. txt and email support is saying it's pre-production and will only get the EDD once shipped to your location.

For those (like me) who live on the East coast, ordered a MYLR in January, and are still seeing an EDD that indicates delivery by the end of March, what do you think the timeline would have to be for the production of the vehicle to make that date? My current EDD shows March 26-31. I'm thinking that to deliver the vehicle to me in NC by the 31st, the vehicle would have to go into production no later than sometime during the first full week of March. That takes into consideration vehicle assembly time, QC inspection, loading it onto a train, transferring it to a truck, getting it to the delivery center, and then the time it takes the delivery center to prep it for customer delivery. I'm trying to determine a realistic VIN assignment date for my 1/20 order assuming my EDD doesn't move out.
you should get your vin soon. I have come to learn that the early EDD are useless. my personal experience updates have came and vin came early than expected. my MY is already on a train and is in transit. Current EDD is 2/25-3/6. But just received an email from SA that text with scheduling should be coming in the next couple of days. The EDD after vin assignments should be the one that you should focus on ..My order date was 1/25 (Atlanta)

I’m in NY and my order date was 1/16, VIN assigned on 2/12 with updated EDD of 2/27-3/6. On 2/17 I got a notification to schedule delivery with the option of 2/27 or 2/28. It should be 16 days from build to delivery for me, assuming there’s no delay with transit!

I wonder how many people will switch to VW ID.4 if the credit is halved. They already have a 4-6 months waiting period. They will continue to get full tax credit even after IRS announces the new date. I say this based on the information I got from their representative yesterday, at the Chicago auto show.

They are also giving 3 years of free charging on Electrify America or 36K miles, whichever comes first.

The car is beautiful. Range can be much lower if you take AWD but the price difference is also significant compared to MY. Probably VW should prepare for a bunch of orders already 😅
For anyone interested in the ID.4, here's a list of Sandy's teardowns: https://www.youtube.com/@MunroLive/search?query=id4

Reactions: BailMY and erktrek
Went to Fremont factory today to pickup my sister’s car. We live 10 minutes away. There were probably 500+ cars in the lot for Fremont pickup. Was told that lot was only for this week’s pickup alone at that specific location. 90% were Model Y, mainly white, gray, or black. Saw like 2 red, 1 blue. Down the road in different lots, there were thousands more waiting to be loaded up for non-Fremont deliveries.

What I’m trying to tell you guys is Tesla is cranking out cars like crazy. It’s easy for y’all to sit here and complain about this and that. If you saw that lot, you wouldn’t be complaining and would appreciate them. I’m sure they’re trying their best.

It’s not their fault that y’all ordered the same car at the same time. Calm down, you’ll get your car eventually, and yes all of them had matrix headlights

Last edited:
Model Y LR Blue/Black no other options

In Maryland

OD 1/25
EDD - 1/25 - Jan - March
EDD - 2/1 - March 12 - March 31
EDD - 2/14 - April 10 - May 22

Looks like I’ll be canceling because I kind of need a car before April to begin with and was fine waiting the original estimate times.

Anyone have luck trying to get the deposit back, I’m guessing it’s a lost cause.

Can’t seem to buy a car at all, ID.4 got bought out from under me and so did an Ev6 and now this disaster.
Have you considered change to MYP?

Have you considered change to MYP?
Yup talked to the lady at the Delivery Center, she said it would be a toss up changing it. Gonna just hang tight I think. I might just do rentals for a few months, really don’t see myself in the other EVs at this point, thought about model 3 but not as comfortable with kids. Might consider a regular AWD. But seems like a downgrade with not much off the discounted price from January.

Reactions: erktrek