Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
you should do what I do and use chrome on desktop, go to your Tesla account dashboard, and use an auto refresh extension to look for changes in the webpage/ source code lol. That way it notifies you if there are any changes without personally having to check every so often!
But then I lose the dopamine rush of hoping my latest refresh will show me a VIN ... like sitting at a slot machine hoping for Triple 7s.

Truckload of Ys headed north on I95 - SC/NC border :cool: be optimistic!!!
332339154_919744235837502_5858199727499658337_n.jpg

While I was charging my M3 this past weekend, I went to chat w a SA inside the show room. He told me the preorders are made based on their order dates, but this is definitely not what we are observing here, so I’m with you, lol
The thing is, what we can observe is only an end result, not the actual process.

I’ve already posted this twice, but I’ll dump it again…

I think the way they’re processing orders is by batches, where orders get separated, possibly by color, trim or whatever. These batches get created like those old coin sorters as orders come in and match a batch.

As each batch fills up, it then gets moved to an actual processing sequence. One identifier there is, the last order in the batch (b1), if it’s earlier than the last order in another batch (b2), then b1 goes before that b2.

If an order, or BUNCH of orders change (as many of us have), then the affected batches have to get recalculated. And once all the changes accounted for, then the processing sequences takes a look at the new last order.

Which means, if a chunk of us change from the MYLR to MYP, there’s a good chance the MYP will go first, before the MYLR.

Again, we don’t know the actual process, we just see the end result. So, this is just a guess I threw up.

just got vin assigned for austin build. also got text they would reach out to schedule delivery. so it looks like they're ahead of schedule at least around here.

Estimated Delivery: February 27 - March 04​

We will reach out to schedule your delivery soon

Just got VIN

MYLR White/Black/19"
Ordered: 1/18 (profile complete 1/22)
EDD (at time of ordering): Jan - Mar
Updated EDD on 1/25: Feb 28 - March 31
VIN (today, 2/21)
EDD (right after VIN assigned): March 05 - March 14
Austin built
VINs boys, we need the PA0## to compare where we are in line, production wise.

Reactions: skp8845
Has anyone try Tesla financing. I have excellent credit and I am 6% APR compare to other banks like BofA which is giving me 5%.

What rates everyone getting and is it worth to go with Tesla financing or any benefits of going with them and pay extra 1% ?
Tesla (Wells Fargo) offered 5.34% for 72 months. My credit union has 4.99% for 60. I went with the Tesla offer for convenience but will periodically check CUs to refinance.

Got my Vin today and it’s DEE6PA080XXX…any idea how to check production date?
prod dates irrelevant, need delivery dates/relevant VIN portions to see where you are in line.
VINs are assigned (to vehicle) as its produced, the actually relevant info is what was the last vin [delivered]
so far Ive only seen one PA07## thats been delivered, but thatll mean that even if it was PA070001 im (at max) 9998 in line for delivery of my PA07####
and similar for the freemont (PF######) peeps. Granted, there will be shipping vagaries, but this is still the best you can hope for to actually know where you are in "the line".

Has anyone try Tesla financing. I have excellent credit and I am 6% APR compare to other banks like BofA which is giving me 5%.

What rates everyone getting and is it worth to go with Tesla financing or any benefits of going with them and pay extra 1% ?
I am checking dcu and they are giving 5.24% and with auto payments and ev discount it comes to 4.49

Reactions: Apollo0426

The first time I did the financing through Tesla, they gave me 6% to finance some $48k or so (I forget the actual amount) for 72 months with a $5k+ down payment and $15.8k trade-in ($18.3k - $2.5k old loan payoff).

After some changes to my order, re-doing the trade-in (went up! $20k - $500 updated payoff) increasing my down payment to about $12k, meant the loan amount was now only $30k @ 5.44%. And I got the MYP yesterday! There’s something to be said about the convenience of doing them all in one place.

prod dates irrelevant, need delivery dates/relevant VIN portions to see where you are in line.
VINs are assigned (to vehicle) as its produced, the actually relevant info is what was the last vin [delivered]
so far Ive only seen one PA07## thats been delivered, but thatll mean that even if it was PA070001 im (at max) 9998 in line for delivery of my PA07####
and similar for the freemont (PF######) peeps. Granted, there will be shipping vagaries, but this is still the best you can hope for to actually know where you are in "the line".
Saw a post on PA075xxx delivery today in TX. So till then it's built I guess.

• Helpful
Reactions: BailMY
just got vin assigned for austin build. also got text they would reach out to schedule delivery. so it looks like they're ahead of schedule at least around here.

Estimated Delivery: February 27 - March 04​

We will reach out to schedule your delivery soon
That's awesome! Exactly what I ordered 1 week after you! Encouraging! My EDD still says 3/16-3/31 (Tucson)

Reactions: sidewinder